I was curious, just how good is RI & Hurley | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I was curious, just how good is RI & Hurley

Reaction Score
Did you not understand "relative to the rest of the AAC" or are you being obtuse? NO WAY should THAT team have done THAT bad in the AAC or against a bunch of other mediocre non-conference teams they played and, in some cases, lost to. I never said they should have been a championship or final four team. That is why I used the word R...E...L..A...T...I...V...E. But, hey, continue your anti-anti-ollie supporters crusade. I don't care what you say or think.

Continue making zero sense. Lol wow lots of nothing

Reaction Score
Don't want DO on the court, but this one doesn't even translate on the sarcasm meter. Kid graduated Cornell and probably will get a degree from UCONN as well.
Change it to "A+ in Advance Molecular Biology" and his point still stands.

forest/trees

Reaction Score
Even Hurley guys (I was one) have to be feeling a little tentative after their last few games. It doesn’t take much to change a narrative and right now they’re steering towards the bubble which would have been considered objectively under-achieving before the year.

The idea that he does more with less is something of a myth. He’s had big time players at Rhody and outside of one tournament title in the A-10 not a ton to show for it. I’m just asking you to be fair because this board would go nuclear if Ollie lost by 30 at home to St. Joes. You can’t take the kid gloves out when Hurley does it. They’ve basically been the Kentucky of that league, this isn’t the coaching job people want to make it.

I am still in the camp that beating a Mo Watsonless Creighton team is not the gold standard to put on the top of a resume.

The character trait Hurley is most renowned for is his stellar work ethic. After cutting down the nets to win the A10 title (why???) with 5 seniors and the 17th ranked team he admittedly did not have his team prepared for Joe's. Then the abortion against Davidson.

It wouldn't surprise me if they won the A10 Tournament...garnered a 7 seed and made the S16 either. As a matter of fact that should be the expectation. I am waiting to see if it happens. Hurley loses a TON off this roster so this year he needs to keep his head screwed on right and deliver.

Reaction Score
@BLUEDOGHOUSE I think that's exactly right. Rhode Island is one of the most fascinating teams in the country right now because they have the talent to beat anyone, but save for the Virginia game sans Matthews we haven't really seen a big sample against elite competition. Oddly enough I think the game on top of his resume right now is a game they lost...the Oregon game. Just as long as they can hang with the big boys, say they push Kansas in the round of 32, Hurley will come out looking pretty good.

Reaction Score
I guess I'm in a minority in not finding it at all strange that RI cut down the nets after winning the regular season A10. The league was organized in 1976, and they've been members since 1980. I'm sure winning the regular season title, for the first time in 38 years, has to have been one of their goals? So they celebrated. I'll bet they cut down the nets if they win the A10 tourney too.....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Change it to "A+ in Advance Molecular Biology" and his point still stands.
forest/trees

Oh I got it, and agree. I've been killing DO, and didn't want to take away the one thing he does well, which is hit the books. Even in jest.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Maybe not as head coaches, but look at Rutgers' defense and compare it to UConn right now. They looked really tough in the Big 10 tournament. Could it be the defense at UConn has been so weak the past two years is

Sure, maybe as assistants. You could include Ollie in that. But what did Hobbs do as head coach? Nothing to brag about. Don't want him as s our head coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom