I love KO but…. | The Boneyard

I love KO but….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish he would take a little more responsibility for some of these deplorable losses, and reevaluate his coaching staff. Enough of this family coaching staff crap, we need guys that can recruit, evaluate talent and not just collect a paycheck on the end of the bench. Memphis is bad. We have lost at least 10 games this season on brain dead plays to teams we should beat every time. Obviously we are young, but I think the effort is there most of the time, so I'm tired of blaming guys like RP. Poor coaching is why we can't get over the hump, and that's on KO and his assistants to turn it around. Which we can!

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
He's not going to call out his assistants in a post-game interview. He could call himself out, and he has, but what he should and has been talking about in post game interviews is the adjustments that need to be made. I just wish our guys could make the adjustments.

Reaction Score
I wish he would take a little more responsibility for some of these deplorable losses, and reevaluate his coaching staff. Enough of this family coaching staff crap, we need guys that can recruit, evaluate talent and not just collect a paycheck on the end of the bench. Memphis is bad. We have lost at least 10 games this season on brain dead plays to teams we should beat every time. Obviously we are young, but I think the effort is there most of the time, so I'm tired of blaming guys like RP. Poor coaching is why we can't get over the hump, and that's on KO and his assistants to turn it around. Which we can!

They have to take some I agree. And I agree they need a closer or 2, no doubt.

But you can't teach "dumb", and I'm telling you the plays they make aren't what the coaches teach or expect. The players need to take more responsibility. They were allowed to wear that uni, respect it and learn to be a better player.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
"Family-first" basketball mentality never works in the long run and it likely never will.

Reaction Score
The "Family First" mentality only doesn't work on recruits who want to be one-and-dones which is not what UC is about

Reaction Score
OK, the part about being absent a top-shelf recruiter may be true, but the rest of it just seems reactionary, speculative nonsense. This is the same staff that won a national title ten months ago, and now all of the sudden they're just collecting a paycheck on the end of the bench? You can be tired of blaming the players all you would like, but there are some things you just can't teach - they can't teach Purvis to stay inbounds, they can't keep Brimah from committing stupid fouls and they can't teach Terrence Samuel how to shoot.

I have no problem with adding an outside influence, and the coaching staff does need to take some of the blame for this season. Pinning this on the assistant coaches - some of whom have been coaching for years and others of which played a role in us winning a national championship - just makes for a convenient scapegoat. Ollie doesn't get to enjoy all the glory when he wins and then turn around and point the finger at his assistants when things go awry. He's not wired that way.

Reaction Score
They have to take some I agree. And I agree they need a closer or 2, no doubt.

But you can't teach "dumb", and I'm telling you the plays they make aren't what the coaches teach or expect. The players need to take more responsibility. They were allowed to wear that uni, respect it and learn to be a better player.

I know where you're coming from Mau and you are one of my favorite posters without question. But sorry I just can't accept that this team isn't better than 7-6 in this disgraceful AAC with 3 future NBA players in Boat, Dham and Brimah. The coaching has sucked and you can't convince me otherwise.

Reaction Score
I know where you're coming from Mau and you are one of my favorite posters without question. But sorry I just can't accept that this team isn't better than 7-6 in this disgraceful AAC with 3 future NBA players in Boat, Dham and Brimah. The coaching has sucked and you can't convince me otherwise.
There's a lack of reliable development. Every game this team looks the same with zero improvement. Whether that is coming from the players or the coaches it is hard to tell

Reaction Score
Agree, It seems that KO is so frustrated and doesn't seem to know what to do with the players on this team. He did make some good player adjustments in this game. Playing AB and PN together and having the offense run though Dham with RB taken out of the game with the box in one and the injury.

I hope to see some more returns from this game starting with the next one against Tulane.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I hate to admit but I'm start to fall in line with KO critics. The school needs to pony up for a coach with a National Championship on his resume!

Oh wait.....
512x341

Reaction Score

You have your opinion and I respect that. My point is even with a high scoring output for Brimah like tonight he made so many bad decisions on the other end he's not impacting the game like he should. And besides Boat and now DHam, there's isn't anyone out there you can ever trust to make a good decision, it's constant cringing. You can't coach guys who can't go out and make smart play, can't!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why
Agree, It seems that KO is so frustrated and doesn't seem to know what to do with the players on this team. He did make some good player adjustments in this game. Playing AB and PN together and having the offense run though Dham with RB taken out of the game with the box in one and the injury.

I hope to see some more returns from this game starting with the next one against Tulane.
He made adjustments last year and this year. Last year he had a lot more options.

Reaction Score

There's little he can do at this point. Something's not there

Reaction Score
There's a lack of reliable development. Every game this team looks the same with zero improvement. Whether that is coming from the players or the coaches it is hard to tell

It's the players - even if your coaches suck if you do the same stupid things game in game out then you're a dope right? Watch the games, the coaches are teaching them more than the product we're seeing I promise

Reaction Score
Why

He made adjustments last year and this year. Last year he had a lot more options.
Well what is missing is the fire. KO has no fire this year as he seems to be so subdued on the bench unlike last year when things went bad he would get in players and refs faces. I'm still thinking his personal life coupled with such a young team is making it very hard for KO to deal with them this year.

Reaction Score
You have your opinion and I respect that. My point is even with a high scoring output for Brimah like tonight he made so many bad decisions on the other end he's not impacting the game like he should. And besides Boat and now DHam, there's isn't anyone out there you can ever trust to make a good decision, it's constant cringing. You can't coach guys who can't go out and make smart play, can't!

Who recruited?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You can't coach low basketball IQ. You can't. It's like taking a below average high school student and sticking him in a college class in elasticity and vibrational analysis. It doesn't work. They lack the fundamental thinking to succeed at this level.

Reaction Score
Who recruited?

I admitted they need to recruit better but people are saying the players aren't getting better right? Some won't I promise you the same bitch will be for 2-3 years more. Not on the coaches, the players.

Reaction Score
Well what is missing is the fire. KO has no fire this year as he seems to be so subdued on the bench unlike last year when things went bad.
He's gotten fired up multiple times during most games at the start but it has made no difference. There's no point in continuing to do it if the players aren't responding to it.

Reaction Score
You can't coach low basketball IQ. You can't. It's like taking a below average high school student and sticking him in a college class in elasticity and vibrational analysis. It doesn't work. They lack the fundamental thinking to succeed at this level.

Yep and i hate to tell most people, it's doesn't always come the more you play. Sometimes it's either already there or you're always stupid! Scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom