I love KO but…. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I love KO but….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I wish he would take a little more responsibility for some of these deplorable losses, and reevaluate his coaching staff. Enough of this family coaching staff crap,
Every member of Duke's staff is from their family. Seems to work OK.

Reaction Score
Every member of Duke's staff is from their family. Seems to work OK.
Only two trips to the Final 8 or beyond in the last decade, compared to four first-weekend exits.

Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth here at the BY if that was our recent past.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Only two trips to the Final 8 or beyond in the last decade, compared to four first-weekend exits.

Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth here at the BY if that was our recent past.
Well, their recruiting isn't suffering, anyway.

Reaction Score
The team has no chemistry, character or mettle. Just a bad year with poor team composition. JC had some real challenged teams too and laid some eggs. He'll get it back together. I can't help think his team's lack of attention to detail and poor execution is a reflection of off the court distractions.

Reaction Score
Don't see Miller's foul shooting genius working on .. the Ferarri

Reaction Score
Lord. We lost 4 of 5 starters and our coach is not himself because of his personal circumstances. It is ok to talk about anything UCONN related here -but many new coaches take years to right the ship after a HOF coach leaves. KO took a team with one NBA player to the FF and won- you do not do that if you can't coach.

On a side note we hoped that OC, SCJ and RP would play like upperclassmen given their age and experience- all of them have been a letdown by that standard this year and frankly it is impossible for this team to be good with them playing at the level they are- is that KO's fault? It is only if he did not evaluate talent well and I hope that is not the case.

Reaction Score
Thank you!!

Stroke is a horrible thing... much worse than I ever knew... The outcomes are almost unimaginable (everyone loses many freedoms). I'm trying to gather capital to start a stroke clinic down here in Florida... to help those less fortunate... I'm learning all about stroke the hard way... but I'm determined to kick its butt!

Please.... every person over the ago of 40....

YOU need to be taking a 325 mg Aspirin to thin your blood... do NOT take that dumb 81 mg aspirin...better than nothing... but still basically a joke. That (really) is only a compliment to other medications such Plavix for example. Plavix (essentially) prevents red blood cells from becoming sticky (thrombosis). Note: Too much aspirin will work in reverse... so more is not better... but 325 is where the adult man/women should be.

This will reduce your chance of forming bigger and more dangerous clots (thrombosis/embolisms).

Thrombosis - forms on location - usually resulting from plaque
Embolism - is a clot that has been cast from some other place due to blood stasis (blood puddling) legs or heart... or heart turbulence... atrial fib causes clots too - so does cancer... then up the aorta and you are screwed..

My 19 year old son (4th degree black belt and built like a world class gymnast) takes one every morning (with food) - due to the likeliness he has a PFO situation in his heart.

Unfortunately, stroke does not discriminate. My brother had one at 19. Babies have them. A stroke to the brain stem (autonomic functions) will probably kill you. Example: you can forget how and when to breathe (medulla oblongata)... you flop around until you suffocate in 2-5 minutes... unless they get you hooked to a ventilator rather quickly.

Mark my words... eventually everyone will be taking blood thinners... like vitamins. Think of your blood as engine oil.

--------------

Please read..
Thank you!!

Stroke is a horrible thing... much worse than I ever knew... The outcomes are almost unimaginable (everyone loses many freedoms). I'm trying to gather capital to start a stroke clinic down here in Florida... to help those less fortunate... I'm learning all about stroke the hard way... but I'm determined to kick its butt!

Please.... every person over the ago of 40....

YOU need to be taking a 325 mg Aspirin to thin your blood... do NOT take that dumb 81 mg aspirin...better than nothing... but still basically a joke. That (really) is only a compliment to other medications such Plavix for example. Plavix (essentially) prevents red blood cells from becoming sticky (thrombosis). Note: Too much aspirin will work in reverse... so more is not better... but 325 is where the adult man/women should be.

This will reduce your chance of forming bigger and more dangerous clots (thrombosis/embolisms).

Thrombosis - forms on location - usually resulting from plaque
Embolism - is a clot that has been cast from some other place due to blood stasis (blood puddling) legs or heart... or heart turbulence... atrial fib causes clots too - so does cancer... then up the aorta and you are screwed..

My 19 year old son (4th degree black belt and built like a world class gymnast) takes one every morning (with food) - due to the likeliness he has a PFO situation in his heart.

Unfortunately, stroke does not discriminate. My brother had one at 19. Babies have them. A stroke to the brain stem (autonomic functions) will probably kill you. Example: you can forget how and when to breathe (medulla oblongata)... you flop around until you suffocate in 2-5 minutes... unless they get you hooked to a ventilator rather quickly.

Mark my words... eventually everyone will be taking blood thinners... like vitamins. Think of your blood as engine oil.

--------------

Please read..

Identifying Stroke...

Remember this... F A S T

Face - one side may begin to droop
Arms - hands and arms are not responding very well
Speech - usually slurred or interrupted speech
Time - stroke outcomes are influenced by time. In my case the TPA clot busting drug saved my life and reduced the negative outcome. Outcomes are directly related to the time it takes before you get help. In my case... I had my 3 - in a building across from a hospital... lucky me!

The TPA drug is not a save-all. Turns blood into vinegar (clot buster)

There are 2 different types of stroke
1) ischemic - true blockage
2) hemorrhagic - brain bleed (so TPA is given cautiously when this occurs)

Both interrupt oxygen and nutrition from being taken down stream. Your brain tissue does do well without these after about 5 minutes. Dead brain tissue (an infarction) is not fixable in any way - its gone forever. Your body will try and recruit an area near the infarction to take over duty. Now comes PT (neuroplasticity) ...retraining

A quick CT scan shows black areas/spots in the brain (dead tissue/an infarction) - gone for good

Fyi... many do not realize the following can 'CAUSE" a stroke:

1) Chiropractors (do NOT let them near your neck - trust me!) I know many who have had this happen and have walked out of the office only to begin to realize something is some thing very wrong.....(remember the brain stem is at the top of the spine and just inside the skull.
2) Cocaine and other street drugs
3) Diabetes (talk to your PCP about the relationship)

Not trying to piss anyone off - just offering up some help. Proverbs 3:27..... I don't even wish this on John Calipari...

Identifying Stroke...

Remember this... F A S T

Face - one side may begin to droop
Arms - hands and arms are not responding very well
Speech - usually slurred or interrupted speech
Time - stroke outcomes are influenced by time. In my case the TPA clot busting drug saved my life and reduced the negative outcome. Outcomes are directly related to the time it takes before you get help. In my case... I had my 3 - in a building across from a hospital... lucky me!

The TPA drug is not a save-all. Turns blood into vinegar (clot buster)

There are 2 different types of stroke
1) ischemic - true blockage
2) hemorrhagic - brain bleed (so TPA is given cautiously when this occurs)

Both interrupt oxygen and nutrition from being taken down stream. Your brain tissue does do well without these after about 5 minutes. Dead brain tissue (an infarction) is not fixable in any way - its gone forever. Your body will try and recruit an area near the infarction to take over duty. Now comes PT (neuroplasticity) ...retraining

A quick CT scan shows black areas/spots in the brain (dead tissue/an infarction) - gone for good

Fyi... many do not realize the following can 'CAUSE" a stroke:

1) Chiropractors (do NOT let them near your neck - trust me!) I know many who have had this happen and have walked out of the office only to begin to realize something is some thing very wrong.....(remember the brain stem is at the top of the spine and just inside the skull.
2) Cocaine and other street drugs
3) Diabetes (talk to your PCP about the relationship)

Not trying to piss anyone off - just offering up some help. Proverbs 3:27..... I don't even wish this on John Calipari...
I think many people here are very compassionate about your problem, but unfortunately you are off base on some of the things that you say. For most people with no increased risk of stroke, taking aspirin may be more harmful than good. In most studies on people with low or no risk for coronary artery disease or stroke aspirin provided no benefit, but increased the risk of GI bleeding. There has been some documented studies however that show that aspirin intake may prevent colon cancer and possibly others. The 325mg dose is too much for prevention. 81 mg is more than enough. I take the 81mg myself as I do have a genetic risk factor, as well as the increased risk by reading billybud posts. Hemorrhagic strokes are much less likely than ischemic. Given your family history, your son may want to investigate having a patch placed over his PFO. The data are sketchy right now on whether it really lowers the risk of stoke, but given his age, it may be worth investigating and he can then get off of the major blood thinners. There has been at least one published this year in the New England Journal of Medicine on this topic. It may be worth checking out.
I know that this diatribe has nothing to do with UConn, but I had to intervene here. I do agree with most of your post.

Reaction Score
T
I'm still not sold on KO as the coach going forward. He won with upper class of players that JC recruited. He did a great job of getting them to the promise land. Is he the guy to keep them there? His recruiting has been a little worst than JC and it doesn't seem to be improving. This years team with a lot of his players seems badly built to compete. I'm going to wait and see what next year turns out to be but if it is the same as this year with little or no improvement from the team I'm worried going forward.

Love KO as a person but I think the book is still open on whether he will be a great coach to lead us back to the promise land year in and year out. Just my opinion. I hope I'm eating my words next year. I'm also think the divorce has been a huge distraction this year to KO. So I'm willing to wait to how next year turns out.
I don't know how anyone cannot be sold on him as a coach. Everyone gives him credit for last year but he was also great his first year when they had nothing to play for. So he has 2 years of good track record. I agree he has been brutal this year - don't know why it took 18 games to go to a small lineup and don't know how he can play a guard who hasn't made a three pointer ALL YEAR 30 mins a game while Omar languishes. But all coaches have bad years, this just happens to be one of them. We are lucky to have a coach of his caliber given the conference,which has been worse than even the most pessimistic expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
T
I don't know how anyone cannot be sold on him as a coach. Everyone gives him credit for last year but he was also great his first year when they had nothing to play for. So he has 2 years of good track record. I agree he has been brutal this year - don't know why it took 18 games to go to a small lineup and don't know how he can play a guard who hasn't made a three pointer ALL YEAR 30 mins a game while Omar languishes. But all coaches have bad years, this just happens to be one of them. We are lucky to have a coach of his caliber given the conference,which has been worse than even the most pessimistic expectations.

Did you see Omar try to pass the ball Thursday or defend anyone? He needs to "languish"! LOL

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
T-Sam is not playing 30 minutes a game. Not every guard who puts on a UCONN uniform has to be a 3-point shooter. He did not show it against Memphis, nor does he show it on a basis as consistent as it needs to be, but there is a reason he is on this team.

Reaction Score
Well what is missing is the fire. KO has no fire this year as he seems to be so subdued on the bench unlike last year when things went bad he would get in players and refs faces. I'm still thinking his personal life coupled with such a young team is making it very hard for KO to deal with them this year.
Correct KO is docile at times that demand more. We have due to lack of depth & youth, scorers left on the floor not willing to play D also. I never cared for JC's super early hook but there is a lot to be said about in game coaching. "You made a nice basket and your man did the same, sit down and think with coach pine for a few!"

Watching some of the videos that tcf and them post of old UConn teams I stand by the position that this team would get run off the court by decent UConn teams of days past. There's definitely a talent gap. I shudder to think where this team would be at in the ACC. Probably battling it out with Virginia Tech and BCU. At the same time though, I don't agree with the idea that the "effort is always there" that some people keep raising.

With all due respect to our stream of Memphis visitors, Memphis is trash. They're not a good team. And yet again UConn finds a way to make them look like the damn Spurs. Wide open jump-shots, wide open layups, put-backs, Amida getting duck____ dominated in the post on simple moves, guys (looking at you Kentan) playing matador defense on fast break dunks, like we're Carolina and we'll get it back on the other end except, oops, we can't score. Guys out of position on rotations.

The ability of a team to defend is not about skill. A team of bricklayers can defend, and yet these guys continue to make it easy on teams. I have no doubt that Ollie knows how to coach defense, we've seen it. What I do question is where these guys are at mentally - they just do not seem engaged at all. And one bad possession begets another one and another one and another one. They're going to lose to good teams, because they're just not very good. This losing to bad teams, though . . .

I hope Boatright gets a long standing O on March 3. He deserves it, and then some.
Agree on your D assessment. Boat will get his O....

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I know where you're coming from Mau and you are one of my favorite posters without question. But sorry I just can't accept that this team isn't better than 7-6 in this disgraceful AAC with 3 future NBA players in Boat, Dham and Brimah. The coaching has sucked and you can't convince me otherwise.

We don't have 3 future NBA players. DHam has that talent. AB we can hope he develops into an NBA talent, Boat will have a very hard time making it (though I wish like hell he does).
But after those 3 our team is currently weak as hell. When has our 2 or 4 spot been so weak? Same with our bench.
Out talent is worse than you think. And Ollie going from brilliant to clueless is crazier than you realize. I think Ollie has a thing or 2 to learn from this year but game coaching and motivating his players are not those areas.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm still not sold on KO as the coach going forward. He won with upper class of players that JC recruited. He did a great job of getting them to the promise land. Is he the guy to keep them there? His recruiting has been a little worst than JC and it doesn't seem to be improving. This years team with a lot of his players seems badly built to compete. I'm going to wait and see what next year turns out to be but if it is the same as this year with little or no improvement from the team I'm worried going forward.

Love KO as a person but I think the book is still open on whether he will be a great coach to lead us back to the promise land year in and year out. Just my opinion. I hope I'm eating my words next year. I'm also think the divorce has been a huge distraction this year to KO. So I'm willing to wait to how next year turns out.

Yeah, because everyone thought we were going to win the championship last year because we were so talented. I love Daniels and Giffey but they have been replaced by Hamilton and Brimah. Not too shabby.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Ten players. That includes Phil Nolan, SCJr, Facey, TSam, Purvis, Lubin, Calhoun. Those 7 may have each showed some promise but they all also showed that they were not ready to play at this level. How do you coach that?
So you have Boat, a diamond in the rough (DHam) and a hopefully diamond in the rough (AB). I don't care how good these 3 are (or might be)

Reaction Score
I wish he would take a little more responsibility for some of these deplorable losses, and reevaluate his coaching staff. Enough of this family coaching staff crap, we need guys that can recruit, evaluate talent and not just collect a paycheck on the end of the bench. Memphis is bad. We have lost at least 10 games this season on brain dead plays to teams we should beat every time. Obviously we are young, but I think the effort is there most of the time, so I'm tired of blaming guys like RP. Poor coaching is why we can't get over the hump, and that's on KO and his assistants to turn it around. Which we can!
I hear you and somewhat agree but its hard to say that all is fact! I think because we all had better expectations its dissapointing to see the season after a championship go like this. But I dont think we can truly criticize just yet after Oliie gave two good years. The first better then everyone expected. The second event better. We do need a big man coach though!

Reaction Score

A year ago nobody knew where Uconn would play. Wasnt even sure if Ollie would be there. So there are many reasons why Uconn is currently not Uconn of old. Cant blame one source

Reaction Score
T-Sam is not playing 30 minutes a game. Not every guard who puts on a UCONN uniform has to be a 3-point shooter. He did not show it against Memphis, nor does he show it on a basis as consistent as it needs to be, but there is a reason he is on this team.
Since Ollie went to the smaller lineup with Hamilton at the 4, TSam has averaged nearly 30 mins in the 5 games: 30, 33, 35, 26 and 18 mins. I like him and agree he has a place on the team - as a backup guard that plays 10-15 mins a game. Perhaps one of the reasons teams can gang up on Boatright is that his new running mate hasn't made a 3 pointer all year. Think about that, a starting combo guard hasn't made a 3 all year. I like the energy Samuel brings and am not trying to knock him, but he's seriously miscast as a starting 2 guard that plays a lot of minutes.

Reaction Score
I totally agree about the minutes played but he has really played more point, allowing Boat to play off the ball more. Definitely speaks to our lack of backcourt talent that TSam is playing this many minutes. The ball really sticks in his hands as teams double on Boat and don't have to respect TSam from deep. If Calhoun and Cassell were what we hoped they'd be, Samuel would make a huge impact as the 15-20 minute high energy guy you mention.

Reaction Score
I think many people here are very compassionate about your problem, but unfortunately you are off base on some of the things that you say. For most people with no increased risk of stroke, taking aspirin may be more harmful than good. In most studies on people with low or no risk for coronary artery disease or stroke aspirin provided no benefit, but increased the risk of GI bleeding. There has been some documented studies however that show that aspirin intake may prevent colon cancer and possibly others. The 325mg dose is too much for prevention. 81 mg is more than enough. I take the 81mg myself as I do have a genetic risk factor, as well as the increased risk by reading billybud posts. Hemorrhagic strokes are much less likely than ischemic. Given your family history, your son may want to investigate having a patch placed over his PFO. The data are sketchy right now on whether it really lowers the risk of stoke, but given his age, it may be worth investigating and he can then get off of the major blood thinners. There has been at least one published this year in the New England Journal of Medicine on this topic. It may be worth checking out.
I know that this diatribe has nothing to do with UConn, but I had to intervene here. I do agree with most of your post.

Thanks for the compassion! Please... I do not want to be pitied - or treated as though I am an idiot...

You are entitled to your opinion... but I'm not off base... Lets look at more closely at what has been said.

You said, "For most people with no increased risk of stroke, taking aspirin may be more harmful than good. Think about that for a minute... (Anyone or everyone IS at risk for stroke (How do you determine that someone is high or low? Answer: YOU don't. Is 'stroke' hereditary? ... No... Is a blood clotting gene like factor5... yes.) In most studies on people with low or no risk for coronary artery disease (Same medical bull ) or stroke aspirin provided no benefit, ( You then need to publish ALL the people that had a stroke... conveniently no one can) but increased the risk of GI bleeding. (It's been known for over 40 years that taking aspirin on an empty stomach might cause gastrointestinal issues - that is why it is recommended that is taken with a glass of water and food.)

A patch over your PFO....if you mean a PFO closure... Cardia Ultrasept... I've had this done and we'll probably do a TEE to see if my son has it.... my brother does. For those that want to see what that looks like (animation- not gory) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOtk_FSfHpw

Think of this life soft spot on the top of a baby's skull... sort of... you are born with isand in most people it close... in about 15-18% it does not... clots are flying back and forth in the heart... (because they are in your blood)...eventually they head to the aorta (out)... two vertebrals, two carotids, basilar and then to the circle of willis (kinda' like MLK highway going around Atlanta for anyone who has lived there) - The stem and cerebellum are right there....... and you have the chance of something very serious and horrible outcomes... fortunately my autonomic functions (stem/medulla/pons) did not get it.... I'll keep my blood thin - thank you very much.

Even Dr. Oz spent a whole show on aspirin within the last year... he recommends 325mg just as my cardiologist and neurologist do here - and my brother-in-law who is a medical scientist working for John Hopkins. Yes, there is a lot of information available on cancer and aspirin - you are correct. Yes, ischemic 85%, hemorrhagic 15% Yes, I needed to step back in here... even though I was born on a Wednesday... it wasn't last Wednesday. Me, my cardiologist, my neurologist and Doctor OZ... take 325 mg daily you take 81mg(although better than nothing).

This is the same "old school medical thinking" that believes hypertension is significantly impacted by the use of salt.... 1997 Portland Oregon American Heart Association annual meeting... composite study.. over 4,100 separate studies (All from Harvard nurses health study 1978-1997) studying the relationship between salt and high blood pressure... less than 2%. So... 120/90 becomes 122/91. Most hypertension is a calcium deficiency. I'll salt my food to taste thank you...

The brain... is the final frontier - not space!

Please remember... just the other gentleman said... "The real root cause of stroke is not always known... so prevention is the current path to success." I had a $93,000.00 operation to close my PFO... Nobody knows if that was root cause.... but I did throw 2 clots to the brain.

I will probably study the brain for the rest of my life... fascinating stuff!

Trust me... Stroke sux... That is why I want to help those who have had it - its personal now.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Fortunately, my stomach is never empty. I will adjust from my "baby" aspirin to full strength.
Thanks & keep up your "kick " attitude.

Reaction Score
The shooting problem is outrageous at this level. You can learn to shoot well in a few months if you want to. You shoot from close to the hoop with one hand, elbow in, bend knees, follow through and do it until you make 5 in a row. Take two steps back and do it again. Do this everyday for an hour and a good sized kid that is 14-15 years old will be stroking 3's all day long with one hand in a few months and he'll be bombing away using both hands in games. Many kids just aren't being taught fundamentals and then putting in the time to hone their skills. We could fix the shooting issues of every recruit in year one with a shooting coach and disciplined practice.

One thing you have to wonder about: Do you recall the jumpers that KO and Ricky more had at UCONN? Hideous. Maybe they don't know how to teach shooting.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The shooting problem is outrageous at this level. You can learn to shoot well in a few months if you want to. You shoot from close to the hoop with one hand, elbow in, bend knees, follow through and do it until you make 5 in a row. Take two steps back and do it again. Do this everyday for an hour and a good sized kid that is 14-15 years old will be stroking 3's all day long with one hand in a few months and he'll be bombing away using both hands in games. Many kids just aren't being taught fundamentals and then putting in the time to hone their skills. We could fix the shooting issues of every recruit in year one with a shooting coach and disciplined practice.

One thing you have to wonder about: Do you recall the jumpers that KO and Ricky more had at UCONN? Hideous. Maybe they don't know how to teach shooting.
Shooting in practice vs. shooting in a game are completely different things.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

It amazes me how someone who can be so elegant and compassionate when he puts on his medical facade, can be so different when he gets caught up with UConn sports and probably a few other things. For those that don't know, buddy has admitted who he is and is aware of this extreme personality display.

And lol with the billybud comment. His agenda is what it is. I remember when he began posting several UConn people were unaware of his condescension towards UConn. I took issue with him right from the get go because I knew more than one person was unable to see through his mask.

He's been outed for the most part. So his damage can only occur if we allow it to bother us. Just ignore him. Or not.

Reaction Score
CTBasketball said:
Shooting in practice vs. shooting in a game are completely different things.

Um, yeah. That's pretty profound. People who can't shoot and don't shoot properly need to fix their mechanics to succeed. It is simple but it requires changing your shot and then practicing it relentlessly and buying into the new mechanics. When you have guys that are a jump shot away from the riches of the NBA and they shoot like they have broken arms you have to wonder what the hell is going on in their minds. They could fix the problem with some lessons and practice.

If you shoot properly you may or may not have the balls to shoot well in games but at least you have a fighting chance. There are very few unorthodox shooters that are consistently successful. Yes, some people aren't great shooters at game time because they aren't mentally strong in that regard. However, people that have horrible mechanics can learn to become better shooters. It doesn't matter if you are talking in a game or in practice. Having the proper mechanics to succeed is step one and it is coachable.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thanks for the compassion! Please... I do not want to be pitied - or treated as though I am an idiot...

You are entitled to your opinion... but I'm not off base... Lets look at more closely at what has been said.

You said, "For most people with no increased risk of stroke, taking aspirin may be more harmful than good. Think about that for a minute... (Anyone or everyone IS at risk for stroke (How do you determine that someone is high or low? Answer: YOU don't. Is 'stroke' hereditary? ... No... Is a blood clotting gene like factor5... yes.) In most studies on people with low or no risk for coronary artery disease (Same medical bull ) or stroke aspirin provided no benefit, ( You then need to publish ALL the people that had a stroke... conveniently no one can) but increased the risk of GI bleeding. (It's been known for over 40 years that taking aspirin on an empty stomach might cause gastrointestinal issues - that is why it is recommended that is taken with a glass of water and food.)

A patch over your PFO....if you mean a PFO closure... Cardia Ultrasept... I've had this done and we'll probably do a TEE to see if my son has it.... my brother does. For those that want to see what that looks like (animation- not gory) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOtk_FSfHpw

Think of this life soft spot on the top of a baby's skull... sort of... you are born with isand in most people it close... in about 15-18% it does not... clots are flying back and forth in the heart... (because they are in your blood)...eventually they head to the aorta (out)... two vertebrals, two carotids, basilar and then to the circle of willis (kinda' like MLK highway going around Atlanta for anyone who has lived there) - The stem and cerebellum are right there.. and you have the chance of something very serious and horrible outcomes... fortunately my autonomic functions (stem/medulla/pons) did not get it.... I'll keep my blood thin - thank you very much.

Even Dr. Oz spent a whole show on aspirin within the last year... he recommends 325mg just as my cardiologist and neurologist do here - and my brother-in-law who is a medical scientist working for John Hopkins. Yes, there is a lot of information available on cancer and aspirin - you are correct. Yes, ischemic 85%, hemorrhagic 15% Yes, I needed to step back in here... even though I was born on a Wednesday... it wasn't last Wednesday. Me, my cardiologist, my neurologist and Doctor OZ... take 325 mg daily you take 81mg(although better than nothing).

This is the same "old school medical thinking" that believes hypertension is significantly impacted by the use of salt.... 1997 Portland Oregon American Heart Association annual meeting... composite study.. over 4,100 separate studies (All from Harvard nurses health study 1978-1997) studying the relationship between salt and high blood pressure... less than 2%. So... 120/90 becomes 122/91. Most hypertension is a calcium deficiency. I'll salt my food to taste thank you...

The brain... is the final frontier - not space!

Please remember... just the other gentleman said... "The real root cause of stroke is not always known... so prevention is the current path to success." I had a $93,000.00 operation to close my PFO... Nobody knows if that was root cause.... but I did throw 2 clots to the brain.

I will probably study the brain for the rest of my life... fascinating stuff!

Trust me... Stroke sux... That is why I want to help those who have had it - its personal now.
Let me also echo that you get a complete recovery and as quickly as possible.

buddy is a physician. He's not in left field on the subject. You have a tremendous support team giving you advice. I gather you are not in the medical field but you are more than capable to gather information and understand it. What's even more impressive is your ability to pass it along.

The only 2 cents I want to add on this matter is a cautionary piece of advice. The understanding we have regarding our body is impressive. I'm not debating the knowledge you gathered. It's extensive. But not complete. There is no perfect form of treatment for everyone. And there won't be until we can isolate every molecular interaction for every cell in any individual. Then that information must be evaluated against a consensus set of norms. After that we will have to figure out a way to come up with a optimum molecular change(s) that would not only fix one isolated problem but problems that could develop when the molecular problem(s) is(are) changed.

With that said I would not dare steer you away from the advice you are getting. I'm just advocating that science is evolving. We haven't reached the ultimate goal. Keep reading and make changes when you see fit. Keep advising people with the caveat that a treatment beneficial for one can be life threatening for another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom