I imagine Luke Murray | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I imagine Luke Murray

Reaction Score
Sure. He can then hire Chris Mack as an assistant and later fire him for no reason. Full circle!

It's no coincedence Mack is unemployed. At one point he was considered one of the best young coaches in the business. Major fall from grace.

Reaction Score
Luke would ABSOLUTELY take a Louisville jof if offered. All y'all nuts? He would at minimim quintuple his salary and it's a high-major program that was competing for championships not long ago.
Only @Drame is saying that. He's nuts. :)

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
I hope Kenny Payne gets another HC opportunity somewhere at a lower, maybe mid-major level to develop. Seems like a great guy and has a wealth of knowledge. Louisville is not a great spot for a first-time head coach.

Reaction Score
I think this Louisville process will end up similar to UCLA. 3 or 4 coaches are going to use it to get pay bumps and facilities upgrades, but nobody who is able (Mick buyout too high) is going to jump at it.

Reaction Score
Luke would ABSOLUTELY take a Louisville jof if offered. All y'all nuts? He would at minimim quintuple his salary and it's a high-major program that was competing for championships not long ago.

Louisville ain't offering Luke. Love the guy, but they need a better hire than him. Someone who has run a program.
He would get a decent salary, but what, for two years and then he would be tarnished because the chance of success there would be low. But youre right, the point is moot because Louisville needs an established successful coach. They can't take any fliers.

Reaction Score
Cronin's buyout is too big so I don't think he will be their next coach. I don't think it will be Scott Drew either since Baylor will open up the checkbook for him and he has it good at a program he rebuilt from the ground up. The others are interesting though

Trilly mentioned hearing the buyout isn’t iron clad and may not be a problem. Especially with Muss seemingly itching to get out of Arkansas. I doubt Mick would be high on their list but shoot, he was like the 8th pick for UCLA.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think this Louisville process will end up similar to UCLA. 3 or 4 coaches are going to use it to get pay bumps and facilities upgrades, but nobody who is able (Mick buyout too high) is going to jump at it.
Every fan base thinks theyre getting a Scott Drew until they settle with george smith, up n comer from local state college.

Reaction Score
There’s no way Louisville offers him that job. They need a proven guy

Reaction Score
Ask a Louisville booster and I bet they would say Dan Hurley is an option for them, he would laugh in there face though
Without a doubt they believe it.

However, if any school offered Danny 9 mil/year and He took it, I couldn't fault him for it. I'd do it myself.

Reaction Score
IMO.I don't see Luke leaving if this staff can make NCAA history with a three-peat. Maybe after that unless the #2 seat opens up next to Danny-- For good reasons for Kimani

Reaction Score
I'm sure Calipari & Self are standing by the phone dying to rebuild a commuter school. The only thing going for Louisville is that they're in the ACC and Denny Crum coached them to glory in the 1970's & 80's.

Pitino won but he brought them down to the gutter and left them as a rotting corpse....they'll be respectable again but Self / Calipari and championship coaches will have 0 interest right now.
Hahahaha. Maybe Cronin? No. One bad year in LA won’t chase anyone off.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Cronin's buyout is too big so I don't think he will be their next coach. I don't think it will be Scott Drew either since Baylor will open up the checkbook for him and he has it good at a program he rebuilt from the ground up. The others are interesting though
He'll stay at Baylor but the ville's gonna make him a little money.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've never had to choose between 6 million and 9 million but at some point, you'd think "I like it here" would be a consideration.
In isolation, 9 vs 6 is huge. But Dan is set to make 6+6+6+6+6+6+7+8 etc. In that scenario, “I like it here” carries more weight. I don’t really think he’s a northern Kentucky kind of guy. He’d sooner replace Cal in Lexington. That’s not impossible.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Louisville is one of the best jobs in the country. I can see them sniping someone like Shaka Smart. That's a proud program that is currently in the dump, I don't see them going with anyone who isn't a proven commodity.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Will be a candidate for the Louisville job.

Dude, they fired him. Plus, they ain’t hiring the fourth man down the chain on someone else’s staff.

I haven't followed UCLA at all but why is Cronin always listed as a candidate for other jobs? Bad fit?

Put this question in the category of "could google but prefer answers from Boneyarders"

So, Cronin is a good coach, but whenever there’s pressure, it seems like he handles it really poorly. He’d get Louisville better quickly, but what happens when things go poorly and he’s fighting hayseeds at press conferences twice a week?

I would love to see it, but if I’m Louisville, I don’t want pay a $16M buyout to learn the answer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom