I imagine Luke Murray | The Boneyard

I imagine Luke Murray

Reaction Score
Will be a candidate for the Louisville job.
I am not so sure due to the reason(s) HooperScooper said in post #2. Louisville is a big brand that has taken a huge hit for the last 5 something years. They have to get this coaching hire correct-the pressure is on. Luke Murray is brilliant and deserves to become a head coach someday if that is what his heart desires, but I don't think Louisville can take a chance on him.

Reaction Score
Luke would have been the favorite at Fairfield if their interim stumbled. It’s Drew’s job to turn down. Tang, Muss, Mick, May in the mix.

Reaction Score
Lousiville is a big time job. They are going to target people like Calipari or Bill Self or someone of that ilk. They tried the former player thing and it was a disaster. The boosters are going to demand an accomplished head coach. Someone that has pedigree.

Reaction Score
Lousiville is a big time job. They are going to target people like Calipari or Bill Self or someone of that ilk. They tried the former player thing and it was a disaster. The boosters are going to demand an accomplished head coach. Someone that has pedigree.
I'm sure Calipari & Self are standing by the phone dying to rebuild a commuter school. The only thing going for Louisville is that they're in the ACC and Denny Crum coached them to glory in the 1970's & 80's.

Pitino won but he brought them down to the gutter and left them as a rotting corpse....they'll be respectable again but Self / Calipari and championship coaches will have 0 interest right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I also wouldnt go there if I was him. Louisville has been a dumpster and there will be tons of pressure to succees right away. Go to a low mid major where you can impress. Maybe LIU. Then I can walk down the block and watch him while hanging with Bill.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I also wouldnt go there if I was him. Louisville has been a dumpster and there will be tons of pressure to succees right away. Go to a low mid major where you can impress. Maybe LIU. Then I can walk down the block and watch him while hanging with Bill.
I think Dan would drive Luke to Louisville if they offered the job.

Reaction Score
Luke would ABSOLUTELY take a Louisville jof if offered. All y'all nuts? He would at minimim quintuple his salary and it's a high-major program that was competing for championships not long ago.

Louisville ain't offering Luke. Love the guy, but they need a better hire than him. Someone who has run a program.

Reaction Score
I haven't followed UCLA at all but why is Cronin always listed as a candidate for other jobs? Bad fit?

Put this question in the category of "could google but prefer answers from Boneyarders"

Reaction Score
Luke would have been the favorite at Fairfield if their interim stumbled. It’s Drew’s job to turn down. Tang, Muss, Mick, May in the mix.
Cronin's buyout is too big so I don't think he will be their next coach. I don't think it will be Scott Drew either since Baylor will open up the checkbook for him and he has it good at a program he rebuilt from the ground up. The others are interesting though

Reaction Score
Luke would ABSOLUTELY take a Louisville jof if offered. All y'all nuts? He would at minimim quintuple his salary and it's a high-major program that was competing for championships not long ago.

Louisville ain't offering Luke. Love the guy, but they need a better hire than him. Someone who has run a program.
Posters must be blocked from me, who is saying Luke would turn down an offer from Louisville?

Reaction Score

Yup. And when a major program screws up not one but two consecutive hires, the fans, boosters, have an increased level of frustration (look at Alabama football with Dubose, Franchione and Shula or ND football with Davie, O'Leary, Ty, Wiess). They really have to get this hire right and they should be fully prepared to offer the world to their preferred candidates.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom