I imagine Luke Murray | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I imagine Luke Murray

Reaction Score
In isolation, 9 vs 6 is huge. But Dan is set to make 6+6+6+6+6+6+7+8 etc. In that scenario, “I like it here” carries more weight. I don’t really think he’s a northern Kentucky kind of guy. He’d sooner replace Cal in Lexington. That’s not impossible.

It's up to Andrea.

Reaction Score
Luke has the brains but what about the management skills and the fire to do it?

Reaction Score
Louisville is one of the best jobs in the country. I can see them sniping someone like Shaka Smart. That's a proud program that is currently in the dump, I don't see them going with anyone who isn't a proven commodity.
Why is it one of the best jobs? I was at Churchill downs for a meeting years ago and was unimpressed with the surrounds.

Reaction Score
Louisville is one of the best jobs in the country. I can see them sniping someone like Shaka Smart. That's a proud program that is currently in the dump, I don't see them going with anyone who isn't a proven commodity.
Why would Shaka leave Marquette?

Reaction Score
Why is it one of the best jobs? I was at Churchill downs for a meeting years ago and was unimpressed with the surrounds.
There's a bit of a basketball pedigree there don't you think?

Reaction Score
IMO.I don't see Luke leaving if this staff can make NCAA history with a three-peat. Maybe after that unless the #2 seat opens up next to Danny-- For good reasons for Kimani
Can we repeat first lmao

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
No disrespect to Marquette, but Louisville is a higher level program. I hope he stays but there are a lot of people (albeit incorrectly) that want to put louisville in the blue blood tier.
Louisville is not a blue blood. They are very good but a step down at least, especially in the state where they think only one team is a blue blood and that is Kentucky

Reaction Score
Louisville is not a blue blood. They are very good but a step down at least, especially in the state where they think only one team is a blue blood and that is Kentucky
I'm not saying they are, but it's indisputable that there are people nationally that want to put them there. No one is putting marquette on that level.

Reaction Score
L’ville hasn’t even won a national championship since 86 their DePaul with cash.

Reaction Score
I hope Kenny Payne gets another HC opportunity somewhere at a lower, maybe mid-major level to develop. Seems like a great guy and has a wealth of knowledge. Louisville is not a great spot for a first-time head coach.
Being a great guy and possessing a wealth of knowledge sound like nice traits but are not necessarily predictors of success as a head coach.
Some people are just more suited to be assistants and KP may be one of those based on how miserably his team performed. He needs to start over at a program with less lofty expectations and see if he can learn how to be a head coach......like DH did in high school.

Reaction Score
In isolation, 9 vs 6 is huge. But Dan is set to make 6+6+6+6+6+6+7+8 etc. In that scenario, “I like it here” carries more weight. I don’t really think he’s a northern Kentucky kind of guy. He’d sooner replace Cal in Lexington. That’s not impossible.
You've hit the target.
DH and his family seem to be the most down to earth family in coaching and more likely to be like his Dad and stay where he likes his job and is appreciated paid fairly.
Those focusing solely on money probably never had much and may also need it as affirmation..........like the kids that need the dUKE offer to let the world know they're as good as some other guy.

Reaction Score
I would love to see this coaching staff stay intact a bit longer. The UConn coaching staffs live in the Glastonbury area I’m just guessing and everyone who has kids in school have had stability for a number of years. Friends, schools, kids with friends? Unless there is a blockbuster offer and they are already paid well ( I assume) staying has its family benefits.

Also: Luke’s boys love working that postgame handshake line

Reaction Score
Hurley to U.K. for 10.5m x 7
Shaka to Louisville for 7m x 5
Sean Miller to Vanderbilt for 6.5m x 5
Murray to Xavier for State of Ohio minimum wage

Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics