I fell in love with Christian Vital Saturday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I fell in love with Christian Vital Saturday

Reaction Score
Vital = Warrior.

Give Ollie so much credit for developing this team. Even when losing they were fun to watch because they played sooooo hard.

C'mon rich have you been here before? I mean using KO and "credit for developing" in the sam sentence could be cause for hanging LOL...;)

H

huskymagic

Vital is a vital part of team chemistry and team toughness. We need toughness and swagger and tenacity on the perimeter and we will have it with Adams and Vital. Terry, Vance, Alterique, MAL, Durham, Enoch are all softspoken guys who lack the conviction that guys like Vital/Adams have naturally. With Alterique we lost to Wagner and Northeastern and got lucky to beat Loyola Marymount thanks in large part to Christian Vital late in the second half.

Vital is a better shooter, better defender, and brings more intangibles to the court. Forget the rankings, Vital right now is better than MAL and Gilbert and has better chemistry with Jalen and the team. Vital knows his role while MAL and Gilbert will try to take the reigns from Adams so to speak. CV knows what is needed from him and how to play off of Jalen.

Reaction Score
Vital is a vital part of team chemistry and team toughness. We need toughness and swagger and tenacity on the perimeter and we will have it with Adams and Vital. Terry, Vance, Alterique, MAL, Durham, Enoch are all softspoken guys who lack the conviction that guys like Vital/Adams have naturally. With Alterique we lost to Wagner and Northeastern and got lucky to beat Loyola Marymount thanks in large part to Christian Vital late in the second half.

Vital is a better shooter, better defender, and brings more intangibles to the court. Forget the rankings, Vital right now is better than MAL and Gilbert and has better chemistry with Jalen and the team. Vital knows his role while MAL and Gilbert will try to take the reigns from Adams so to speak. CV knows what is needed from him and how to play off of Jalen.
You are an idiot - Gilbert was the best player on the floor in the Loyola game before he got injured.

Reaction Score
Cv's ceiling according to jsm is known......wtf.....when he left vermont academy he was well thought of....but each year at thomas more his coach said he'd made more progress than any other player in 35+years......this year i saw even more progress than in those two years .....his shooting wasn't as streaky.....his handle better and he curbed a lot of his recklessness......shot selection greatly improved......and he put on muscle......i'like to see him put on another 10+lbs to improve his explosion and do even more reps with his jumper. .......i don't pretend to know his ceiling but another couple of years like the last three and he'll be one of the most fan regarded huskies ever........that message thanking uconn seems like pure christian just thanking the fans for their support even those who can't get his sr year ranking out of his effed up intellect......thank god unlv's coach got fired......too bad he didn't bring spellman with him.

Reaction Score
Don't know if Vital will ever be a consistent shooter or outstanding ball handler but damn the kid never takes a play off and hustles all the time. He played his butt off Saturday.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
No need to talk who starts. We will be rolling at least 4 deep at the guard spots. Play well or sit. Ollie should be working on his hook arm to use anytime a bad shot goes up. Get a stud rebounder on the floor and we might have something special.

Reaction Score
No need to talk who starts. We will be rolling at least 4 deep at the guard spots. Play well or sit. Ollie should be working on his hook arm to use anytime a bad shot goes up. Get a stud rebounder on the floor and we might have something special.

Hopefully that stud will be Diarra

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

So we lose because we have "soft spoken" players? Your utter lack of logic and reason never ceases to amaze me.

Reaction Score
Btw did you notice who got 9 boards yesterday

Reaction Score
I agree CV should start to begin the year. With that said I think you all are severely underestimating the "dog" that rique has in him. He's a tough SOB. Him and Vital are actually very similar in that way. Terry Larrier is also a terrific competitor. This is a problem every coach in America would like to have next yr. 3 stud guards and possibly 4. We can throw waves of pressure at team constantly all game. While at the same time having shot makers on the other end. The only thing missing is a big man. Lets just pray that one of the 4 bigs on the roster become servicable. Because we could be really good. But for the mojo we'll be absolutely horrible

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My Mount Rushmore of ignored posters has now grown to five. Time to hire a mountain carver.
Mine's a big tent: 34 and counting, no regrets. I'm overdue for additions too. One clue? Looking at who Likes some of the more ridiculous posts.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Mine's a big tent: 34 and counting, no regrets. I'm overdue for additions too. One clue? Looking at who Likes some of the more ridiculous posts.
I've got 24 and am getting precariously close to adding another few.

Reaction Score
Vital is more like Ben Gordon than Craig Austrie.

My starting 5 would be:

Adams at the 1
Vital 2
Jackson 3 or 4
Larrier 4 or 3
Enoch or Durham at 5

I would not allow Gilbert into games until January to make sure the shoulder is fully healed.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Did you guys see Larrier at the 4 early this year? We couldn't rebound against a middle school team. Unless Durham, Cobb, and Enoch take lessons from Jeff Adrien that lineup will be flawed on the defensive and offensive glass.

Reaction Score
everyone struggles to land elite big men. we win championships with good guard play and a serviceable center. what we really need is another shonn miller jeff adrien type who can rebound.
Is that Diarra?

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I get a kick out of these posters penciling Enoch into the starting line up next season. So far in two seasons he's shown nothing. Well, nothing good anyway. If he's a starter next season, it's gonna be a LONG season.

Reaction Score
I get a kick out of these posters penciling Enoch into the starting line up next season. So far in two seasons he's shown nothing. Well, nothing good anyway. If he's a starter next season, it's gonna be a LONG season.
Who else would start?

Reaction Score
Lets face it, experience wise, AG will still be a freshmen next season. The experience Vital received this season was tremendous.
And just as important confidence. He knows he belongs and proved he can play with the best (particularly upperclassmen). That is a huge advantage!

Reaction Score
Dude shot 39% on 4.8 3-point attempts per game in conference play as a freshman, and made multiple 3s in 10 of his final 13 appearances. Pretty sure he's already a consistent shooter.

And that's WITH ugly freshman shots occasionally, too. Ollie will teach him a little better footwork and playing within himself some more at times. I could easily see him being a 40% + guy for the next 3 years.

Also, I'm impressed with his finishing the last 3rd of the season. He was AWFUL at layups in the beginning, but really worked hard and made better decisions at the rim, for the most part.

Obviously a coachable, likeable kid. We're lucky he doesn't have the size or length for the NBA...

Just pointing out, though it's probably not fair. He and Jackson both had better seasons than Jalen as freshman. Obviously Jalen has a much much much much higher ceiling, but numbers are numbers.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Also, I'm impressed with his finishing the last 3rd of the season. He was AWFUL at layups in the beginning, but really worked hard and made better decisions at the rim, for the most part.

This x100. Definitely one of the most notable improvements of the year. I remember him blowing a few breakways at the beginning of the year, and I almost couldn't believe it was the same guy finishing through contact this past weekend.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Kid is fearless. I trust Ollie to come up with the best lineup say by the 5-8 game of the season.

But I expect it will look like this:

Alterique
Adams
Larrier
Vance or Durham
Enoch

First Sub: Vital
Lots of playing time: Cobb

8 man lineup. Carlton comes in if Enoch piles on fouls, MAL if any of the guards need a break, Polley is Durham is not fully back to where he should be 1 1/2 years after surgery.
I think Action Jackson will get the call. He looked real good in some games, okay in others. Imo Durham didn't get enough of minutes to claim that spot. Vance looks big. You can tell the weight room was his best friend. Imagine next year. Nothing against Durham, great potential. You cannot ignore who played this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom