I couldn’t find my last post about using clingan 5 Adama 4 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I couldn’t find my last post about using clingan 5 Adama 4

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
When Clingan went out in the second half and the starting unit came back in, Karaban got abused again, and Sanogo was getting taken away from the basket. Putting Sanogo and Clingan together for several minutes would allow us to dictate how Xavier needs to play instead of the other way around.

Xavier would’ve had to change how they run their offense with Sanogo being able to guard the perimeter and clingan guarding the paint. On the defensive end, it would leave Sanogo on Freemantle with Clingan able to rim run.

Reaction Score
You said no players are the same and I'm saying I agree, so using Purdue's lineups with Furst and Edey as some gotcha for why UConn should play Clingan and Sanogo together is stupid
There's no gotcha. Furst and Edey are bigs who play together. Ballo and Tubelis are bigs who play together. Freemantle and Nunge are bigs who play together. Sanogo and Clingan are bigs who don't play together.

Nunge is the only big who shoots more threes than Sanogo. Sanogo probably guards on the perimeter as much as any of them.

You brought up Samson who isn't available to us.

Reaction Score
Purdue would be so much better with Alex at the 4, which makes this conversation even funnier.
One of their big guys, Edey who plays most of the game protects the rim. Our big who plays most of the game doesn't protect the rim. We have a guy on the bench who I think protects the rim even better than Edey does.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom