I believe Fishy has been right all along | Page 5 | The Boneyard

I believe Fishy has been right all along

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I will let you in on a secret. I can't believe you haven't realized this yet.. no one anywhere cares about what the handful of BC fans think. .

This assessment of yours however is not entirely accurate. There is at least one Uconn fan poster on the " why are you here " thread, that states that one of the reasons he comes to this site is to hear what other fans are thinking, and he specifically mentions BC fans. Plus, you are of course interested in my remarks, as otherwise you would not have read them, nor then took the time to make a reply.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It is regrettable that you have interpreted ANY of my remarks on here since I've signed on to this site as " kicking Uconn fans while they are down in conference realighnment ". I genuinely have not come here to do this, and do not believe that a single one of my posts on here has been insulting, nor should be viewed in any manner as an attempt to kick you when you are down ". That said, if you believe I have been insulting, or attempting to kick you or Uconn when you are down, then my suggestion is for you to simply ignore my future occasional posts on here. This should satisfy your quest not to be insulted by me, and likewise allow me not have to try and defend something that is neither my intent, nor can be found in any of my postings on here, imo.

You invoked Temple.

Thanks for your suggestion. My counter offer is for you to go c k yourself.

It's unfortunate that I can't stop you from posting. Hopefully the same people that allow you a platform allow me to keep pointing out you are a BC troll who adds nothing and for some reason doesn't understand that no college sports fans care in any way what a BC partisan thinks.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This assessment of yours however is not entirely accurate. There is at least one Uconn fan poster on the " why are you here " thread, that states that one of the reasons he comes to this site is to hear what other fans are thinking, and he specifically mentions BC fans. Plus, you are of course interested in my remarks, as otherwise you would not have read them, nor then took the time to make a reply.

I just read that pointless thread from a women's basketball fan in Texas and don't see a single post that even alludes to what you are saying.

Reaction Score
You invoked Temple.

Thanks for your suggestion. My counter offer is for you to go yourself.

It's unfortunate that I can't stop you from posting. Hopefully the same people that allow you a platform allow me to keep pointing out you are a BC troll who adds nothing and for some reason doesn't understand that no college sports fans care in any way what a BC partisan thinks.
I don't believe in bannings nor censorship unless there is a clear and indisputable attempt to cause harm and damage and the posting is personally insulting. But this is not my site. So I do appreciate the moderators here providing me an opportunity to express my opinions, and that I could be removed at any time for crossing the established guidelines. You are entitled to call me names, ie " BC troll". I believe I am likewise entiltled to defend that attack ( or ignore it ). I will attempt to ignore your posts from here on in if it appears that you are not interested in anything I post here on occasion. I suggest you might want to do the same. This way neither of us can be bothered by the other from now on.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't believe in bannings nor censorship unless there is a clear and indisputable attempt to cause harm and damage and the posting is personally insulting. But this is not my site. So I do appreciate the moderators here providing me an opportunity to express my opinions, and that I could be removed at any time for crossing the established guidelines. You are entitled to call me names, ie " BC troll". I believe I am likewise entiltled to defend that attack ( or ignore it ). I will attempt to ignore your posts from here on in if it appears that you are not interested in anything I post here on occasion. I suggest you might want to do the same. This way neither of us can be bothered by the other from now on.

Ignore. Defend. Whatever.

A BC troll is a BC troll is a BC troll.

There is not a reason in the world for you to be here other than the only thing in the world BC can beat UConn at is conference realignment.

Sure BC is in a league. They are the Springfield Monorail of the ACC.

You may have done some good for UConn though. I have a strong urge to donate to the hockey program to contribute to UConn beating BC at their only competence.

Reaction Score
Reps from schools say stuff all the time that are not complimentary about one another.The Syracuse BOD and Admin acted like Rip Van Winkle when the dominos fell after Miami announced it was leaving the BE. That stupidity and warning was apparently from reports told to them 1,000 times at the time by BC ( and Miami ) officials. It eventually cost Syracuse money, and almost cost them a spot in the ACC. Meanwhile, Syracuse was also wondering what in heavens name was Uconn thinking hiring a canned over the hill coach that wasn't good enough anymore for Syracuse, and said so publically over a 1,000 times as well. But so what ? Schools, coaches, AD's say uncomplimentary things all the time to one another on occasion. This is no revelation it seems to me.

Don't get off your original point about the invective creating personal situation in regards to the suit. Your above post deflects and moves away to all sorts of stuff about Pasqualoni. This wasn't about the school either. It was about your President being called a LIAR in front of his peers.

Reaction Score

duck*ing exhausting............and tone deaf..........

Reaction Score
For starters, John Swofford, Commish of the ACC. If we recall, the Blumenthal lawsuit named him personally as a defendant in the lawsuit. It can be assumed that if you are sued personally, ( whether the naming of you personally was warranted or not ) then later the person who sued you personally wants your support on something, the natural inclination for you is to not do so. Thats how I see the aftereffects on Blumenthal's lawsuit anyway. Now, having said this, if there was no lawsuit launnched ,do I believe that BC without the lawsuit would have had enormous power and influence to prevail upon all the other ACC Schools to keep Uconn out of the ACC ? No , I don't see BC with the power and influence within the ACC to have kept Uconn out of the ACC... lawsuit or no lawsuit. BC does not have the power and influence in the ACC that from reading this board that many Uconn football fans apparently think that they do. The ACC just added Louisville, and whether BC wanted them in or not, was of no influence one way or the other, imo. Each school has one vote only, and the network executives have input, and a school needs at least 50% of the current league member school votes to get at invite. Thats true with all the p5 Conferences.
For starters, John Swofford, Commish of the ACC. If we recall, the Blumenthal lawsuit named him personally as a defendant in the lawsuit. It can be assumed that if you are sued personally, ( whether the naming of you personally was warranted or not ) then later the person who sued you personally wants your support on something, the natural inclination for you is to not do so. Thats how I see the aftereffects on Blumenthal's lawsuit anyway. Now, having said this, if there was no lawsuit launnched ,do I believe that BC without the lawsuit would have had enormous power and influence to prevail upon all the other ACC Schools to keep Uconn out of the ACC ? No , I don't see BC with the power and influence within the ACC to have kept Uconn out of the ACC... lawsuit or no lawsuit. BC does not have the power and influence in the ACC that from reading this board that many Uconn football fans apparently think that they do. The ACC just added Louisville, and whether BC wanted them in or not, was of no influence one way or the other, imo. Each school has one vote only, and the network executives have input, and a school needs at least 50% of the current league member school votes to get at invite. Thats true with all the p5 Conferences.
One school, one vote. However, one school (BC) lobbying their friends (Miami, FSU, Clemson all come to mind) indeed can sway a vote. The initial plan to have UConn join the ACC with Syracuse, instead of Pitt was squashed by BC. You cannot deny it. Wake up! BC is the enemy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Excellent point, well excellent except for the fact that UConn was the original target to go along with 'Cuse. So that seems like Swofford wasn't off pouting about his hurt feelings over UConn, pretty much the way you'd expect an adult to act. The narrative is very well documented and very well known on this board. Why do keep coming back with your fantasy version of what happened?

I'm not trying to be insulting but how old are you? You seem to lack a real world perspective to your posts.

Reaction Score
Don't get off your original point about the invective creating personal situation in regards to the suit. Your above post deflects and moves away to all sorts of stuff about Pasqualoni. This wasn't about the school either. It was about your President being called a LIAR in front of his peers.
I have no knowledge of this event, but will accept your info without challenge that during thus time some heated words were exchanged to BC .Moving forward, it appears that both Syracuse officials and BC officials have buried their past differences with one another, as Syracuse came up for an ACC invite later, and BC apparently disregarded this alleged incident of having the BC President being called " a liar" as this same BC President later voted " yes " for Syracuse's invite to the ACC. I don't sense any remaining animosity between the 2 school administrations now, but then again, nobody in the press is present when these 2 schools get together and talk with one another, so who really knows if what was reported transpired in these meetings as alleged. But I 'll accept your version of it. Its old news now anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have no knowledge of this event, but will accept your info without challenge that during thus time some heated words were exchanged to BC .Moving forward, it appears that both Syracuse officials and BC officials have buried their differences since this alleged tongue lashing that you brought up here took place, as Syracuse came up for an ACC invite later, and BC buried the hatchet and voted " yes " for Syracuse's invite to the ACC. I don't sense any remaining animosity between the 2 school administrations now, but then again, nobody in the press is present when these 2 schools get together and talk with one another, so who really knows if what was reported transpired in these meetings as alleged. But I 'll accept your version of it. Its old news now anyway.

Or there was no hatchet to bury because it was no big deal in the first place. Which is my original point countering yours.

And nothing is alleged here since the info is first hand information posted by one of the principals involved. It's not a rumor or hearsay.

Reaction Score
One school, one vote. However, one school (BC) lobbying their friends (Miami, FSU, Clemson all come to mind) indeed can sway a vote. The initial plan to have UConn join the ACC with Syracuse, instead of Pitt was squashed by BC. You cannot deny it. Wake up! BC is the enemy.
Perhaps BC does wield all this enormous power and influence among all the other member schools within the ACC to prevail upon the league to get their wishes met... but I just don't see it. My guess, if Swofford ( and ND ) wanted Uconn in the ACC, little ol BC couldn't stop it. But then again, who knows.

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Perhaps BC does wield all this enormous power and influence among all the other member schools within the ACC to prevail upon the league to get their wishes met... but I just don't see it. My guess, if Swofford ( and ND ) wanted Uconn in the ACC, little ol BC couldn't stop it. But then again, who knows.

Shut up.

Reaction Score
Cincinnati is still around. Louisville was in C-USA for a while. For the time being, looks as if the NFL is even supporting the AAC. Saints are backing up Tulane.

Freaking Rutgers. C'mon. Didn't former SEC commish Roy Kramer say UConn has SEC-like fanbase potential after a feasibility study for football? Hello, B1G.[/quote
I like to compare The UConn fan base as similar in potential to Nebraskas
I guess it would be similar to an SEC teams ,only much more polite.

Reaction Score

I know this is the BC view of the world ...

But it was NOT the Blumenthal lawsuit. In fact, the key Principals in making decisions were Presidents - West Virginia and Pittsburgh (and, in fact, Mark Nordenberg was the President when Pitt was taken to the ACC). This Blumenthal obsession is yours.

And, BC? I think they openly verbalized their desire to block UConn. And, if that is NOT what they had the power to do ... as you claim ... then I think vocal/media attention earns the campus in Chestnut Hill scorn. They just suck ... and they are far less than us in Sports.

Reaction Score
I know this is the BC view of the world ...

But it was NOT the Blumenthal lawsuit. In fact, the key Principals in making decisions were Presidents - West Virginia and Pittsburgh (and, in fact, Mark Nordenberg was the President when Pitt was taken to the ACC). This Blumenthal obsession is yours.

And, BC? I think they openly verbalized their desire to block UConn. And, if that is NOT what they had the power to do ... as you claim ... then I think vocal/media attention earns the campus in Chestnut Hill scorn. They just suck ... and they are far less than us in Sports.

I don't think there is a " BC view of the world " as there is rarely any monolithic thinking among any fanbase or school admin.. including that naturally with Uconn as well. People disagree on things, events, even within fanbases and within the ranks of each school's Admin. ( one read of the Boneyard easily convinces one of that plurality of diverse thoughts on things ) There can not be much dispute that the creation and impetus for the BE lawsuit upon the ACC , Swofford, its school Presidents, etc had its beginnings from within the Atty. General's Office within the state of Connecticut. It is also factually verifiable that indeed BC did express its wishes that it did not, does not, want Uconn in the ACC ( I disagree with the school's official position on this, and I am not alone among the BC fanbase, but am in the minority on this within the BC fanbase ). It is my doubt however that BC has ever had the power and influence to prevail upon the other ACC schools to keep Uconn out of the ACC. If Swofford and his other ACC Board members wanted Uconn in the ACC, it is my opinion that BC could not have prevented this ... nor even now, can BC prevent this. If you disagree witht his assessment, thats fine too.. no problem.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think there is a " BC view of the world " as there is rarely any monolithic thinking among any fanbase or school admin.. including that naturally with Uconn as well. People disagree on things, events, even within fanbases and within the ranks of each school's Admin. ( one read of the Boneyard easily convinces one of that plurality of diverse thoughts on things ) There can not be much dispute that the creation and impetus for the BE lawsuit upon the ACC , Swofford, its school Presidents, etc had its beginnings from within the Atty. General's Office within the state of Connecticut. It is also factually verifiable that indeed BC did express its wishes that it did not, does not, want Uconn in the ACC ( I disagree with the school's official position on this, and I am not alone among the BC fanbase, but am in the minority on this within the BC fanbase ). It is my doubt however that BC has ever had the power and influence to prevail upon the other ACC schools to keep Uconn out of the ACC. If Swofford and his other ACC Board members wanted Uconn in the ACC, it is my opinion that BC could not have prevented this ... nor even now, can BC prevent this. If you disagree witht his assessment, thats fine too.. no problem.

This is never how things work in committee. You never go against someone's interests if it's not a do-or-die issue for you. UConn was easily replaceable by Pitt. So they didn't bother squelching BC. That's how it played out. I've seen this same scenario over and over again. People don't step on each other's turf unless it's going to be a problem for the other members as a whole, and clearly Pitt was a good alternative for them. Again, I don't know why you persist: this has been said 1,000 times.

Reaction Score
This is never how things work in committee. You never go against someone's interests if it's not a do-or-die issue for you.
I don't know about this. I've been on large committees and "committees" of one (me). On the large committees, my personal experience has been that there can be on occasion( as you correctly pointed out ) a dominant member that has sway over the others and can get their particular wishes to prevail. But in such cases, and almost without exception, it has generally been a senior member of that board, or the Chairman of that Board ( thats elected by the other board members )that persuades the others to adopt his or her particular quest. In the case of BC, they were not a senior member, nor was their President a Chairman, nor hast here been any suggestion that I 'm aware of that BC as a new member had an unusual level of power and influence they could utilize on the others to have their issue ( keep Uconn out ) prevail upon all the others. Swofford had such clout. FSU and Clemson,, and the 3 schools within the High Tech Corridor of ' Carolina ( and perhaps even ND ) had such clout ( and still does )... but BC ? I don't see them with this level of power and influence that you think they have to get a school in or out of the ACC... any school for that matter. My hunch is that BC was not in particular favor of Louisville coming into the ACC either.. but its pretty clear, BC's position on Louisville took no bearing at all either with what Swofford, the other ACC School's ( and the networks input ) finally decided to do re. Louisville. I know this is not all that persuadable to you, but thats ok too. We can just agree to disagree on the level of power and influence that BC has within the ACC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know about this. I've been on large committees and "committees" of one (me). On the large committees, my personal experience has been that there can be on occasion( as you correctly pointed out ) a dominant member that has sway over the others and can get their particular wishes to prevail. But in such cases, and almost without exception, it has generally been a senior member of that board, or the Chairman of that Board ( thats elected by the other board members )that persuades the others to adopt his or her particular quest. In the case of BC, they were not a senior member, nor was their President a Chairman, nor hast here been any suggestion that I 'm aware of that BC as a new member had an unusual level of power and influence they could utilize on the others to have their issue ( keep Uconn out ) prevail upon all the others. Swofford had such clout. FSU and Clemson,, and the 3 schools within the High Tech Corridor of ' Carolina ( and perhaps even ND ) had such clout ( and still does )... but BC ? I don't see them with this level of power and influence that you think they have to get a school in or out of the ACC... any school for that matter. My hunch is that BC was not in particular favor of Louiisville coming into the ACC.. but its pretty clear, BC's position on Louisville took no bearing at all either with what Swofford, the other ACC School's ( and the networks input ) finally decided to do re. Louisville. I know this is all that persuadable to you, but thats ok too. We can just agree to disagree on the level of power and influence that BC has within the ACC.

It boggles the mind that you're contesting it when the whole event was described by a BC administrator. You totally twisted and ignored what I wrote as well. I said, WHEN the interests of a less than powerful member are in play, the rest of the group will DEFER to that member because they have no stake in the game. The logic behind this is simple to understand. If you cross the member when you have NOTHING at stake, then you may find yourself with enemies when the time comes for your interests to be voted on in the event that your interests conflict with someone else's. This is why committee work is so crazy and that less than optimal decisions seem to come out of committees that have single vote rights. If you're a candidate in such a situation, you're most often likelier to win if you're the second best of the choices.

This reminds me of when my high school band won battle of the bands. We had a singer with a monotone Billy Child-ish type voice. But we could play OK. all the other bands were asked to rank the best bands to determine the winner. There were two bands that played together for a longtime (a Springsteen knock-off and a Motley-Crue outfit with a screaming singer who no one could understand). Both those bands voted each other #3 (you weren't allowed to vote for your own band). We were voted #1 by both bands presumably because our monotone singer made us very unthreatening. Surprise surprise, we won.

Reaction Score
It boggles the mind that you're contesting it when the whole event was described by a BC administrator. You quote]

I am aware of BC's position on Uconn 's application to the ACC... But I am not aware of any evidence or reports that the other ACC schools in meetings deferred to junior member, new member, BC 's quest to keep Uconn out of the ACC. It bestows a stature of power and influence that new member BC did not have, and does not have, in the ACC. We even have a poster fan from North Carolina on another thread on here that stated for us that BC wishes were not given preferential deference re. the decision on Uconn. Logically, we know that in almost all committees, new members to committees generally don't have their particular issues prevailing upon the more senior members of the committees, unless those senior members of the committes feel the same way to begin with. Bottom line, if Swofford and FSU, Clemson, Carolina schools wanted ( or want ) Uconn in the ACC, BC's position on this would not have prevented them from doing so. Again, we both here can simply agree to disagree on this.. no problem..

Last edited:
Reaction Score

You are just trolling now since you totally ignore people's and simply repost your own drivel. You totally ignored what I wrote. I will totally ignore your troll post in the future.

Reaction Score
You are just trolling now since you totally ignore people's and simply repost your own drivel. You totally ignored what I wrote. I will totally ignore your troll post in the future.
No problem. For the record however, I have not engaged in personal attacks with you, nor have caste your posts as " your own drivel ". But we both should be able to agree that if either one of us believes the discussion sinks to this level, then its best for both of us not to attempt any future quest for civil dialogue with one another.. so I support your ignoring of my future posts on here if this is now your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom