I’m not looking forward to the next couple of days | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I’m not looking forward to the next couple of days

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Geno said it wasn't gonna be pretty this year. We won, nobody got hurt. We got another game in a couple days. Nobody is gonna remember this game come March. Probably not even Memphis.

Told ya'll they'd spend too much time out on Beale eating too much BBQ, listening to blues. :cool:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This team doesn't have any automatic points in it. They just need to D up and run their stuff.

Reaction Score
They won the game. Yay!

Liv shot a couple of sky hooks and made at least one (can't remember if she made the first or not). I'd like her to not dribble and just get the ball in the post and turn and shoot. There's noone in WCBB that can block her sky hook if she shoots it that way.

I wouldn't want to do the post game interview when Geno is in a crabby mood...:D
The problem with that approach is; She walks. I think UCONN advised her to dribble to eliminate those turnovers. Sadly, when she dribbles, she loses control too easily.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
People are expecting too much.. this is not one of UCONN's great teams. It will be an accomplishment if we make it to the Final Four.
You could be absolutely correct but what confuses me is that we were #5 in the Preseason poll.
Sometimes it seems like the pollsters haven't a clue but other times they seem almost uncanny with their preseason predictions. So confused...

Reaction Score
We can only hope that the Athletic Department doesn't decide to drop our women's basketball team. I understand Geno has contacted Trinity, Tufts and Wesleyan in hopes of scheduling a home and home series. We just can't keep scheduling these powerhouses and possibly ruin our won-loss record.

Reaction Score
Time to ignore these "the sky is falling" threads. Time to ignore posters who think they are coaches. And I make no apologies for my point of view.
Honesty I think it’s time to ignore this whole board. Half the posters here see the sky falling and the other half think UConn (team/coaches/individuals) is infallible. Where’s the middle ground on this board?!

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Danger! Disgruntled fans ahead!
Wow, it's Wednesday at 3:50 PM and I have seen any threads "locked down" yet. Good job with this preemptive strike to keep the wolves at bay. You have my heartfelt gratitude! :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maybe I have slipped into the Bizarro universe where ASU beats 2 top 5 teams in 3 days and where the Massey No 157 team can out muscle and out hustle the Massey No 3.

Alydar, you're really dating yourself using that "Bizarro" reference. Most of the "youngsters" here have no idea who Bizarro is/was. I began reading DC and Marvel Comics back in the 50's. Of course there was also MAD magazine that gave the world Alfred E. Neuman. :)

Last edited:

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Par for the course. It was bound to happen once we found out Westbrook wasn't going to play this season. You knew it would make for a more challenging season and more complaining. Frankly I think the team has handled it very well. Their record is much better than I expected it to be. Can tell that to the spoiled contingent expecting blowouts and no losses.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The current level of disgruntlement will seem like an Up With People concert compared to what will happen if UConn (gasp) doesn't beat Tennessee on the 23rd. :eek:

Reaction Score
Sometimes it is just better to be cautious with expectations. What would be wrong with waiting to see how things play out instead of playing them out in our minds before they happen? Considering the losses from last season and the limited amount of production returning, the expectations were more than likely too high. It was no real secret that Uconn lacked depth at a variety of positions. Depth is very important throughout the season and especially in the NCAA playoffs. Depth gives you wiggle room for a variety of the problems teams face throughout the year.

Reaction Score
They did some good things in this game. It's just the complete game that they haven't put together yet. Watch the third quarter again. There were a lot of nice plays.

Reaction Score
I thought Dulcy Fankem Mendjiadeu made some wonderful plays today. Announcers had a lot of difficulty with her name and UCONN had a lot of trouble with her play. She was a joy to watch.

Reaction Score
Come on. I agree with the observation that there has been a lot of overreaction to some less than UConn-standard play, but I see lots of sensible and "middle ground" commentary on the Boneyard.
Disagree strongly.

Reaction Score
Alydar, you're really dating yourself using that "Bizarro" reference. Most of the "youngsters here have no idea who Bizarro is/was. I began reading DC and Marvel Comics back in the 50's. Of course there was also MAD magazine that gave the world Alfred E. Neuman. :)

Ha. I read DC until I discovered Marvel in the early 60's and dumped the bad stories and factual inaccuracies of DC world. But I loved Mister Mxyzptlk, he of the 5th dimension

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Good day for Memphis,well played ladies.Bad day for our ladies.Let's move on.I sure know I can and do have a bad day more than I like to admit.That is why I check the mirror before I post,and I have never seen Geno or any other coaches in the mirror staring back at me.

Reaction Score
Honesty I think it’s time to ignore this whole board. Half the posters here see the sky falling and the other half think UConn (team/coaches/individuals) is infallible. Where’s the middle ground on this board?!
Isn’t that what makes this board great. Differences of opinion and a platform to discuss/vent

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ha. I read DC until I discovered Marvel in the early 60's and dumped the bad stories and factual inaccuracies of DC world. But I loved Mister Mxyzptlk, he of the 5th dimension
5th dimension sounded so exotic in its day, but with string theory, down right boring. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Alydar, you're really dating yourself using that "Bizarro" reference. Most of the "youngsters" here have no idea who Bizarro is/was. I began reading DC and Marvel Comics back in the 50's. Of course there was also MAD magazine that gave the world Alfred E. Neuman. :)
I think you're dating yourself. I imagine it's a Seinfeld reference. ;)

Reaction Score
Its all about expectations. Based on how I thought UConn's talent would perform this year, I saw them as a Top 10 team. Likely to lose 3+ games and unlikely to be in the Top 5 at year's end. Believe this is a challenge for Geno, one he has minimal experience in the past decade. Not happy with their execution but still thrilled to watch on TV and looking forward to next year. For those that expect UConn will win NCAA's every year, good luck with that choice.

Reaction Score
Good to see this has turned into a "positive" thread... As I posted in post game thread... Sometimes a "more talented" and higher ranked Team goes into a game vs a supposed "weaker" and low ranked Team expecting to win by just showing up. The "weaker" Team plays the game of their lives and things are a battle for the whole (or at least most) of the game. The "more talented" Team doesn't do what they have been trained, coached and know they should be doing. When things go wrong the "more talented" Team looks for someone to take over and make it right. Crystal was that player for UCONN in this game. She was NOT going to let them lose and be "that team" that lost the UCONN's first AAC game.

The sky was gloomy and dark on Tuesday night... but it has NOT fallen! :rolleyes::confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom