I’m not looking forward to the next couple of days | Page 3 | The Boneyard

I’m not looking forward to the next couple of days

Reaction Score
Ha. I read DC until I discovered Marvel in the early 60's and dumped the bad stories and factual inaccuracies of DC world. But I loved Mister Mxyzptlk, he of the 5th dimension
But do you remember Dr. Sivana?

Reaction Score
They won the game. Yay!

Liv shot a couple of sky hooks and made at least one (can't remember if she made the first or not). I'd like her to not dribble and just get the ball in the post and turn and shoot. There's noone in WCBB that can block her sky hook if she shoots it that way.

I wouldn't want to do the post game interview when Geno is in a crabby mood...:D

Thinking the same Striper. Meagan Gustafson (sp) made a career out of just doing what you described last year for Iowa. Being on the short side for a center, she has had to change her offensive approach in the WNBA as I think she is a 4 now.

Reaction Score
Isn’t that what makes this board great. Differences of opinion and a platform to discuss/vent
Yes, until half of the board attacks the other half for not being ultra-positive all the time. Make no mistake, I love this board and the posters on here are easily some of the most knowledgeable out there. I just don’t understand why some on here find it necessary to attack those that see the negative things UConn does in their games and point them out.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well Nan, Since you were there tonight, how about a "birds-eye view" opinion of what you saw.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well Nan, Since you were there tonight, how about a "birds-eye view" opinion of what you saw.
It was old fashioned a UConn-Rutgers game but with clumsier defense by UCF. I wanted the Huskies to attack more often but the refs weren’t really allowing that. Some of the calls were :eek: . And the next time the refs call one of UCF’s myriad moving screens will be the first

Reaction Score
It was old fashioned a UConn-Rutgers game but with clumsier defense by UCF. I wanted the Huskies to attack more often but the refs weren’t really allowing that. Some of the calls were :eek: . And the next time the refs call one of UCF’s myriad moving screens will be the first

Was at the game too and agreed it was one of the worst officiated games I’ve seen! And agreed it’s tons of moving screens by UCF.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Was at the game too and agreed it was one of the worst officiated games I’ve seen! And agreed it’s tons of moving screens by UCF.
Bad calls on both teams, though. One call on UCF #1was stunningly bad - she was at least a couple feet from anyone and never touched another player

Reaction Score
Meh. This team is what it is. Capable of playing Baylor tough for 36 minutes, then looking like a Division 2 school against one of the worst teams in the American Conference.

Disappointed and surprised for sure, but at this point I'm sort of zen about it - if the team doesn't seem to care, not much we can do about it, and certainly screaming and yelling won't change anything. Where's my Sponge-Bob (kudos to anyone who gets that reference!!!) :D
What the are you talking about? If the team doesn't care - seriously! These kids absolutely care. The kids at the U of Hartford care. Just because they aren't blowing teams away and you say they don't care. You've probably never worked at anything in your life as hard as the kids work. Maybe the kids on the other team also care and stepped up because they care not to get blown out, but whatever happens with the score they care. Go root for a team you think cares more!

Reaction Score
Bad calls on both teams, though. One call on UCF #1was stunningly bad - she was at least a couple feet from anyone and never touched another player
Just like the one on AG where her man fell down in the lane. Not even close to her.

Reaction Score
What the are you talking about? If the team doesn't care - seriously! These kids absolutely care. The kids at the U of Hartford care. Just because they aren't blowing teams away and you say they don't care. You've probably never worked at anything in your life as hard as the kids work. Maybe the kids on the other team also care and stepped up because they care not to get blown out, but whatever happens with the score they care. Go root for a team you think cares more!

I don't agree with the last sentence but i agree with your tone. This was just one of several posts- . . . they're just so way off base. Per the comment above from a poster "southofnorth" mentions in some manner posters who think that UCONN does nothing wrong; attacking other posters is so wrong (though "attack" is subjective). But I think what you and I and other fans that are more positive it gets under our skin a bit because we have a belief to the core of of the fan I am and maybe you are. We're from "different planets" as to how we believe vs the fan he or she says things like "The kids don't care." What???? . The "Kids don't care?" Seriously???? In real life if I watched or went to a game with a person who thinks players on scholarship collectively overall as a team don't care I'd never watch a game again with that person. So on here - yes sometimes some comments set off some frustration because it's against everything I believe in as a fan.

It's the same with the poster who thought UCONN going 36-1 for 2 seasons was "less than stellar" in addition to "Didn't win any big games." Or the one who thinks success of the team is dependent on a bench philosophy that during seasons it's okay to go "23-7" if I understood correctly. What?? Does anyone remember in Hartford UCONNvs Tenn in which Geno said at near end of game in a huddle to his team - he told them maybe they were too young to win? What did DT do? She was ripping mad in the huddle and from what I recall she told Geno and the team to paraphrase "We're not losing this game!" Can you imagine sitting DT or Maya or Stewie and telling them 'You're going to sit and watch us lose while we try to develop our bench."??????

C'mon. "Kids don't care?" C'mon. :)

Reaction Score
Memphis plays ugly. They have one person who can score. Otherwise, it's like a heavyweight fight. Battered and bruised.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Danger! Disgruntled fans ahead!
Looks like their happy now, except for @bluedevil, who appears to still be a Donny Downer.

(Need to do it against better teams...a mediocre h.s. team might have taken Tulsa today at home of course..)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom