Husky girls | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Husky girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What was that? Pure choke! When Geno called the timeout they must have misunderstood what he said. They must have heard don't inbound to the closest open player to you instead throw it at the rim and if they don't steal that go to the baseline and throw it back out then drive and throw it wildly to the far corner and if they still do steal it throw it in panic to the top of the key they win have to steal it or.........there is nothing more we can do to insure we lose this game.

Reaction Score
Head for cover because when the women's board explodes tonight we might be in for some collateral damage.

Reaction Score
The final possession speaks for itself.... but you have 1.8 seconds left.. 2 timeouts. Instead of taking a timeout, you pass it in 3 feet to try a 3/4 court shot.... UHHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMM.....

That had timeouts left????? Ohmigod, I watched that whole sequence thinking they were out of them. What epic stupidity. Lewis should have called one in the corner rather than throw them a fast break, but then to not call one after the bucket. Wow.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
That was literally the worst end of game possession in a tie game that I have ever seen. What a joke.

Reaction Score
I don't know what it is about Notre Dame, but they turn the Uconn women's team into the village idiot.

I agree, Hartley should have had the ball, dribbled it for 14 seconds, and then tried to create a shot. I'm sure the worry was that Diggins was going to harass her into a turnover. Totally possible..but I also think I trust Hartley mid court more than I trust Faris and KML dribbling baseline.

I'm not ready to blame Geno for that in bounds play. It might have just been Kelly getting "clever."

Reaction Score
I get that they don't have a real point guard but do they seriously not have anyone they can pass the ball to who can dribble for 10 seconds before going towards the rim? Geno is considered the best coach in the country and every big game I've seen this year the team is absolutely clueless in crunch time, they are probably the only team I've ever seen where you think their chances for a loss are greater when they have the ball for the final possession.

Reaction Score
If we had timeouts left why didn't Geno call it when we had it at the top of the key before.we through it in the corner.

Reaction Score
First, the pass to Stewart mucked it all up good.

Faris can't dribble baseline and of course KML had nowhere to go. BUT, her pass was awful. Why not call a timeout???

I'm not sure why Hartley didn't have the ball in her hands, take the clock down under 10 seconds to either create or take the last shot.
Hartley was open and Faris looked her off and threw that horrid cross court pass to Stewart. They all screwed up as usual but Faris was clearly the worst.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Stewart hung in there pretty well in crunch time. That bodes well for the tournament.

Reaction Score
The first pass was some sort of silly coaching idea from Geno to catch them by surprise. Hartley was wide open for a simple inbounds pass, but Faris ignored her to throw that absurd crosscourt lob. Then Faris and KML both panic.

That inbounds play from Geno was epically stupid. I mean epic. Try that with less than 10, ok. With 17?????

Faris then had a chance to settle things down and hold for one and didn't - I sung her praises earlier in the year, but that was just a horrific decision to recklessly attack with so much time left. Then nobody hustled back.

I'd kill the men for failing to hold for one there - I'm killing the women for it too. Basketball 101.
Wow I didn't even think of that, you think Genop actually called that play? If so, he is clueless.

Reaction Score
I get that they don't have a real point guard but do they seriously not have anyone they can pass the ball to who can dribble for 10 seconds before going towards the rim? Geno is considered the best coach in the country and every big game I've seen this year the team is absolutely clueless in crunch time, they are probably the only team I've ever seen where you think their chances for a loss are greater when they have the ball for the final possession.

That seems like the logical move.

The one thing I will say though, is I believe the fear was Diggins was going to steal the ball if we did that. (Irony..) If you've watched that girl..the best way to describe her playing style is...well she's a "troll." She does that jerkish stand 5 inches from the guard whose getting the ball passed into them, so that the guard gets called for a travel or a charge. She's got quick hands..and wacks people's arms and elbows. She traps when most players just respect the play.

I would have taken my chances with Hartley. But I understand why Geno went with Faris. Faris just choked. And they probably didn't call a timeout because they were afraid they couldn't get the ball in again.

Which is the whole problem. Usually, the Uconn women have the game won when they get on the court. When it comes to ND, it's the opposite.

Reaction Score
Their fans have become as crazy as the men's program's fans.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
They seem to snatch defeat from victory every time they play Notre Dame. That is two games in a row that UConn inbound play was horrible at the end of the game

Reaction Score
They may not have a point gurad but they have a bunch of high school All Americans who should be able to dribble and/or pass for 15 seconds.

Reaction Score
After watching this game I don't want to hear anymore about the girls being more fundamentally sound.
Both teams looked like they were playing on ice with gloves on.
The fundamentals are horrible, any sort of defensive pressure and they pick up their dribble or get sped up and turn it over.

Reaction Score
It's on their senior leader Faris - chicken-with-the-head-cut-off routine for her.....awful in bounds pass with a wide open Lewis looking right at her, started the whacky events with that choice to Stewart who had nice hands to gather it in, then with 12.5 seconds she somehow felt compelled to go baseline with none there and throw an awful pass which led KLM leaning OOB's and having to throw it somewhere.........then she chased the ball at half court instead of getting back where she belonged........Faris is a good player but that was winning time!! She wasn't prepared for that.........

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
It's on their senior leader Faris - chicken-with-the-head-cut-off routine for her.....awful in bounds pass with a wide open Lewis looking right at her, started the whacky events with that choice to Stewart who had nice hands to gather it in, then with 12.5 seconds she somehow felt compelled to go baseline with none there and throw an awful pass which led KLM leaning OOB's and having to throw it somewhere.........then she chased the ball at half court instead of getting back where she belonged........Faris is a good player but that was winning time!! She wasn't prepared for that.........
She over dribbled and missed a layup a little earlier, it looked like she really wanted to make the big play as the senior, but that's not her game.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
How could they lose that game? ND did everything possible to hand the game to them. How many turnovers did UCONN's guards have trying to fire bounce passes inside? No poise. Dolson can't field low passes. They should have gone over the top to her. Bottom line is this team makes too many mental mistakes and ND is the better team, beat them three times this year. Next year is the Huskies year to win it all after Brian leaves Baylor and Diggins and crew leave ND.

Reaction Score
Geno is the best coach ever when they win by 40, put his teams in a tight one and he looks a bit confused. They had 2 ducking timeouts, how on earth does Geno or any of the players not have the awareness to call a timeout when they were clearly in trouble?

Reaction Score
How could they lose that game? ND did everything possible to hand the game to them. How many turnovers did UCONN's guards have trying to fire bounce passes inside? No poise. Dolson can't field low passes. They should have gone over the top to her. Bottom line is this team makes too many mental mistakes and ND is the better team, beat them three times this year. Next year is the Huskies year to win it all after Brian leaves Baylor and Diggins and crew leave ND.

I agree on the Griner departure but for now I'm thinking Geno still has to figure out how to beat Muffet!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom