Husky’s Team Roster Poll | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Husky’s Team Roster Poll

Given the current roster and signed recruits for both ‘21 & ‘22 should Geno add Kamila Cardoso?

• Yes, 6’7” talent is unique and makes the team better

Votes: 124 63.6%
  • No, while talented, the team has bigs and team chemistry is great, why risk it

Votes: 71 36.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
You believe everyone in the transfer portal is simply leaving for playing time? Freshmen who might very well get more PT if they, you know, wait like others always have?

The point simply is that the players will do what they feel they have to do, and programs should be able to do the same since this is the new normal, for now.
I used the term “most” which certainly does not connote “everyone.” 325 of the current transfers in the portal are graduate transfers. So all of these grad transfers have honored their commitment to their respective schools.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I generally agree with your assessment. But after bringing in Dorka to shore up the frontcourt and likely push Liv to reach another level of play, assuming a one and done? for the tOSU transfer, Geno would have to tread carefully in bringing in a 2nd BIG who could be around for 3-4 seasons.

Of course PT becomes a greater challenge, but my bigger concern is the impact on players not yet here. When Amari signed, she looked at a landscape at UConn that had her playing behind Liv for 1 season and competing with Piath for 3. Likely that she would earn some PT off the bench as a frosh and then have a realistic opportunity to earn the starting center spot as a Soph.

Subsequently Geno signs Dorka, and that likely cuts into Amari’s freshman PT, but hopefully for her sake, Dorka is 1 and done at UConn. If you bring in Cardoso on top of Dorka, I have to believe Amari as well as her parents are wondering what’s going on here, to say nothing of how the decision impacts Ice and Ayanna, who won’t be official until the fall and recruits like Del Rosario who are still weighing their options.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying that Geno shouldn’t bring in Cardoso. I’m simply suggesting that there is a lot more to consider than whether or not to add one more player to the roster.
Good points, lets not muddy up the waters. We will have a great team as is. We don't want our future Huskies, girls that they spent a lot of time recruiting, to second guess their choice. We are depending on them to add significant contributions to the program, and that is why they were offered a scholarship. Lets play the hand that we already have, because it IS a winning hand.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
So we have a lot of speculation about a player who we have no actual knowledge whether UConn is interested in, and only secondhand information that appears to indicate she may be interested in UConn.

Since this is the off-season, speculation is what we do. I get it. As I understand it, Cardoso has until July 1 to let the world know where she’s headed.

I sure hope we don’t have to wait another 2 months. If so, I think a lot of heads will explode......
As I stated on several other posts I am no fan of Cardoso's attitude and intensity. I don't buy the excuses for why it exists, she is responsible for her actions. Can she change, maybe, I don't know, I do know I like the attitude of our players and recruits, I'm fine without her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You no voters got your wish. You better pray all of your reasons for opposing translate to South Carolina because that roster is absolutely frightening.

Reaction Score
I think South Carolina might also be frightening to their own players now. I thought Dawn was being pretty good at developing players, giving them roles and letting the experienced players get their shot.

This maybe undermines that.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
This topic is now moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics