Huskies of Honor question | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Huskies of Honor question

Reaction Score
its it based on your college achievements then BG should be in there.
I think he was going to be..unfortunately he can’t even be trusted to show up without causing a wild incident.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I agree with this. Down the road I could see them honoring the entire team like they did with 98-99 and put 22-23 in the Huskies of Honors.

Doing the whole team is kinda lame. I get the idea behind honoring the first team, but the team is recognized with the championship banner.

Reaction Score
The All-American requirement worked well because every single one of our previous title teams were lead by an AA. Rip, Emeka, Kemba, Bazz. They all won the NCAAT MOP too.

I don't think you can exclude Sanogo based on the AA criteria. Anyone who wins the NCAAT MOP deserves to be up there.

Only way a guy like Jackson gets up there is if Boatright and Ben Gordon go up there first. Or if AJax pulls a Jalen Wilson from KU and becomes an AA next year

Reaction Score
Hawkins having the best free throw percentage in program history and second most three pointers made in a season, plus being a national champion, he deserves to be on that wall, Sanogo deserves it for what he did to the program alone not counting his tournament honors.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Only way a guy like Jackson gets up there is if Boatright and Ben Gordon go up there first. Or if AJax pulls a Jalen Wilson from KU and becomes an AA next year

I like Boatright and he was at worst 2B on a title team (if you want to put Daniels as 2A) but there are probably 10 guys I'd put ahead of him as a Husky of honor.

Reaction Score
I like Boatright and he was at worst 2B on a title team (if you want to put Daniels as 2A) but there are probably 10 guys I'd put ahead of him as a Husky of honor.
Maybe we should put handprints in the walk in front of Gampel like Grauman’s For guys like Boat and Jordan.

Reaction Score
You can't have guys like Rudy Gay and Scott Burrell up there and not include Hawkins, Sanogo or Jackson. I would add Boatright as well.

We should recognize and celebrate those who brought us championships.

Reaction Score
Sanogo will definitely be honored based on his collegiate accomplishments culminating with the MOP and title. IMO, Hawkins is the type of player who will need a successful pro career to get the Husky honor.

Reaction Score
You can't have guys like Rudy Gay and Scott Burrell up there and not include Hawkins, Sanogo or Jackson. I would add Boatright as well.

We should recognize and celebrate those who brought us championships.
Sanogo, yes. He has the accomplishments. Maybe Hawkins down the road if he shows out in the NBA. There's also that possibility for Jackson if he becomes a great NBA player and or is an All-American next season. Should Lamb, DeAndre Daniels, Rashad Anderson, Voskuhl, Freeman, Giffey, Ricky Moore be in the Huskies of Honor?

Reaction Score
Sanogo, yes. He has the accomplishments. Maybe Hawkins down the road if he shows out in the NBA. There's also that possibility for Jackson if he becomes a great NBA player and or is an All-American next season. Should Lamb, DeAndre Daniels, Rashad Anderson, Voskuhl, Freeman, Giffey, Ricky Moore be in the Huskies of Honor?
AJ Price

Reaction Score
There are no "requirements" other than a vote. NBA is clearly a consideration considering Rudy is on that list, however.
Rudy was a first team All American. I believe that is why he is up there. I don't know why people always dismiss that he was.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I could see Lamb and Voskuhl for sure.

Reaction Score
My proposed criteria (modern era):

1st team All-American
or
2x All-Conference 1st team
or
1x Conference POTY
or
NCAA Final Four or Regional MOP
or
20k minutes played in NBA

Reaction Score
My proposed criteria (modern era):

or
20k minutes played in NBA
You gonna put Drummond in the HoH?

I would consider NBA success and bringing respect to the program that way as a component of one's case for inclusion, but that shouldn't be sufficient on its own.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom