Huskies of Honor question | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Huskies of Honor question

Reaction Score
Answer the question dum dum.

Jackson accomplished more than Gay, are you that stupid?

Gay had a lot of talent around him and I seem to remember his career ending with a terrible loss to George Mason. No offense to Gay, but if you were to ask me who the weakest addition to the ring of honor was it would be him. Like I said, I don't think NBA career should be considered.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jackson accomplished more, are you that stupid?

Gay had a lot of talent around him and I seem to remember career ending with a terrible loss to George Mason. No offense to Gay, but if you were to ask me who the weakest addition to the ring of honor was it would be him. Like I said, I don't think NBA career should be considered.

Reaction Score

Ask a question loser. I already said the criteria you gave for the ring of honor selection is not official, AKA meaningless.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ask a question loser. I already said the criteria you gave for the ring of honor selection is not official, as in meaningless.
Can you please name the other Huskies of Honor who weren't on any All-American teams? Can you please name the other Huskies of Honor who weren't on any all-conference teams?

Reaction Score
Can you please name the other Huskies of Honor who weren't on any All-American teams? Can you please name the other Huskies of Honor who weren't on any all-conference teams?

Answer your own question. Ever heard of Google? and if the answer is nobody I already gave you my response to that.

Reaction Score
Answer you own question. Ever heard of Google? and if the answer is nobody I already gave you my response to that.
Okay, you won't answer.

I have some more questions for you. Are you familiar with Jeremy Lamb? Was he First team All-Big East? Did he win a national championship? Is he in the Huskies of Honor?

Reaction Score
Okay, you won't answer.

I have some more questions for you. Are you familiar with Jeremy Lamb? Was he First team All-Big East? Did he win a national championship? Is he in the Huskies of Honor?

Jackson played three seasons at UCONN, Lamb two. Jackson captained a championship team, Lamb did not.

If Lamb was added to the ring of honor I would have no problem with it. If I were making the decisions he gets in before Gay.

All of this is noise, Jackson is a lock for the ring of honor. Do you seriously think Hurley will not make sure of that?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jackson played three seasons at UCONN, Lamb two. Jackson captained a championship team, Lamb did not.

If Lamb was added to the ring of honor I would have no problem with it. If I were making the decisions he gets in before Gay.

All of this is noise, Jackson is a lock for the ring of honor. Do you seriously think Hurley will not make sure of that?
Would love to see Jackson come back for a fourth season and become an All-American, that would get him in the Huskies of Honor.

I love the guy but there's no way he's in the Huskies of Honor as is.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
And Khalid.

Not sure why a long NBA career would be a requirement.
Long NBA career is nice but this is the Husky Hall of Fame (what they did while they were here). Many accolades already listed above. Adama in the Big Dance was unstoppable by anyone. Those margins of victory were a team effort certainly, but no one could handle him. He was the opening act of the Husky steamroller with intermittent curtain calls after the racehorse track team and three-point barrage snipers came to town. Reminds me of a comment someone made about playing against Motumbo in the NBA. "He's like playing against a robot; wears you down with the same strength and energy all game long."

BTW, hoping our other Mali man Samson Johnson can get back on track this year. Would love to see him fully recovered from his injuries.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Sanogo, yes. He has the accomplishments. Maybe Hawkins down the road if he shows out in the NBA. There's also that possibility for Jackson if he becomes a great NBA player and or is an All-American next season. Should Lamb, DeAndre Daniels, Rashad Anderson, Voskuhl, Freeman, Giffey, Ricky Moore be in the Huskies of Honor?
All part of the ascendancy up the Mount Rushmore of Blueblood status. Thanks for the reminder.

Here is the march up complete with fight songs. Watch Uconn ascending as the music plays.
Need speakers on:

Reaction Score
I assumed Sanogo would make it but then I realized Hasheem Thabeet isn't even in the Huskies of Honor. I love Jackson but there's no way he should even be considered unless he comes back and makes first team all-American or something.
If DH has a vote I'd give him great odds to make it based on all the things he does, rather than just scoring, plus he's the guy who lead the team in the turnaround from what it was before his arrival. And, he made DH look like a prophet!

Reaction Score
Nope. That is just silly. Jackson and Hawkins didn't do anything that a bunch of other Huskies haven't done. If we put every contributor to a NC on the wall there would be another 25 guys on that wall. Put them on but not Kevin Freeman or Ricky Moore or Edmund Sanders, all huge pieces of a Natty. But them on but not Ben Gordon or Denham Brown or Josh Boone or Rashad Anderson.

They did things just as impressive as Jackson and Hawkins. Maybe you didn't see it. It counts every bit as much. Jackson and Hawkings didn't set UConn records like Art Quimby or Chris Smith. I could go on and on but you should be getting the point by now. It's nothing against either of the two Huskies you mentioned. But including them would diminsih the accomplishments of those who earned their preeminent places in UConn history.

The Huskies of Honor is basically a Hall of Fame. The greatest among the great. Nothing personal but the only guy on this year's team that had the impact of an Okafor or Hamilton was Sanogo. Jackson may have his day. But believe it or not almost every Huskies team has had a version of Hawkins. Nothing against those guys but the Huskies of Honor is -and should be- a very high bar.

You made the key point: the Huskies of Honor are supposed to be the greatest among the great.
Lots of players have had great years or tournaments, but thus far the selectors have done a great job identifying those who were truly special as Huskies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You made the key point: the Huskies of Honor are supposed to be the greatest among the great.
Lots of players have had great years or tournaments, but thus far the selectors have done a great job identifying those who were truly special as Huskies.
If you're talking about Jackson in post #111 this post makes no sense.

Reaction Score
If you're talking about Jackson in post #111 this post makes no sense.

LOL, Some mocks have Jackson as a late first rounder, he just led us to a championship, heart, soul, and captain of the team, great passer, defender and rebounder, our glue guy, but you are not impressed. Odd hill you have chosen to die on, but know you are in the minority. He will be in the ring of honor if he decides to turn pro and it's well deserved.

Reaction Score
LOL, Some mocks have Jackson as a late first rounder, he just led us to a championship, heart, soul, and captain of the team, great passer, defender and rebounder, our glue guy, but you are not impressed. Odd hill you have chosen to die on, but know you are in the minority. He will be in the ring of honor if he decides to turn pro and it's well deserved.
Sanogo was our main guy in "leading us to a championship" but Jackson played a big part as did Hawkins, Newton, Clingan, Karaban, Joey and Nahiem. Sanogo will make the Huskies of Honor. We aren't putting all those other guys in the Huskies of Honor as much as you and that other poster want it to happen...

Sanogo was the best player in the tournament and has the accolades to make the Huskies of Honor. Two time First team All-Big East, Final Four Most Outstanding Player. Jackson is a great glue guy but has none of the accolades. With a fourth season and some accolades that could change.

I love that you add I wasn't impressed. Sure, keep doing you.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom