Huskies in Italy: Game #2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Huskies in Italy: Game #2

Reaction Score
Today is only August 15th, so you still have ~60 days to safe your pennies.
BTW your bet had Napheesa NOT starting-AND SHE DID.
Go back and read my post i said the 5th starter will be Z or collier which will be decided in practice by geno the way he always does it!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Go back and read my post i said the 5th starter will be Z or collier which will be decided in practice by geno the way he always does it!
Here you go again!

Ask yourself this question, between collier and Z which one will dominate in the paint? Z has about a 6" longer wingspan then collier and Collier did not dominate in the paint against any team with a 6'4" or taller post last season. There's no doubt in my mind that Z will own the boards on offense and defense which the team lacked last season. Geno's goal every year is to win a NC and he will make changes to get it done since they fell short last season.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
50-26 at the half. Molly hits jumper at the buzzer.

Napheesa is a human vacuum when it comes to rebounds.

Someone once said "No rebounds, no rings". I like a lot of things about Collier's game. What I like most is that she is fearless on the offensive boards. She will go into the paint among the trees and instinctively fight for rebounds. I love it!! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On the other point, I think Kia, Gabby, Napheesa, and Lou are mortal locks to be starters. Three of them were 1st team All-Americans and on the lists for NPOY. The other is an Olympian and multiple-time gold medal winner. This is as easy as it gets.

The question is: Z or Crystal Dangerfield? I don't think there is a bad answer. I favor Crystal Dangerfield for her ball movement, and then bringing in Z to totally deflate the opposition.

Carnac

Reaction Score
On the other point, I think Kia, Gabby, Napheesa, and Lou are mortal locks to be starters. Three of them were 1st team All-Americans and on the lists for NPOY. The other is an Olympian and multiple-time gold medal winner. This is as easy as it gets.

The question is: Z or Crystal Dangerfield? I don't think there is a bad answer. I favor Crystal Dangerfield for her ball movement, and then bringing in Z to totally deflate the opposition.

I don't care who Geno starts if they can start every game off like this.............50-26 at the half. :cool:
Except for the different color of the opponent's uniforms, this game looks like a replay of yesterday's game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Mil and I were in the small minority who thought that Crystal Dangerfield would start in November over Z. It not only has to do with CD being a true/natural PG (while Kia is not), but also in Crystal's ability to control the offense, like a true floor general (a-la Rizotti, Bird, Jefferson, etc).

But... I agree with Scoop - I'll take 50-26 UCONN at the half every game regardless of who starts.

Question - this is the same team we played yesterday but isn't today's score more lopsided in UCONN's favor? Is it because of Nurse? Better chemistry? Players getting more comfortable with each other? Other factors?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lou has 4 assists and 2 steals plus 14 points. Don't overlook her in the NPOY discussion. We may have 4 of the top 5 players in the country.
This though has a very familiar ring to it mostly discussed here.

Top?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mil and I were in the small minority who thought that Crystal Dangerfield would start in November over Z. It not only has to do with CD being a true/natural PG (while Kia is not), but also in Crystal's ability to control the offense, like a true floor general (a-la Rizotti, Bird, Jefferson, etc).

But... I agree with Scoop - I'll take 50-26 UCONN at the half every game regardless of who starts.

Question - this is the same team we played yesterday but isn't today's score more lopsided in UCONN's favor? Is it because of Nurse? Better chemistry? Players getting more comfortable with each other? Other factors?
One easy answer: We had our regular starting lineup today. Yesterday, Molly and Meg got major PT.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This though has a very familiar ring to it mostly discussed here.

Top?
You say 4 of the top 6. I think that's accurate. Wilson is clearly in the top 6. Mitchell may be.

Once last season got going, by about January 1, I predicted another 1-2-3 in the draft, assuming Z stays for both years. She, Pheesa, and Lou are really, really, really good.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You say 4 of the top 6. I think that's accurate. Wilson is clearly in the top 6. Mitchell may be.

Once last season got going, by about January 1, I predicted another 1-2-3 in the draft, assuming Z stays for both years. She, Pheesa, and Lou are really, really, really good.
I think Kalani Brown might crash that 1,2,3 UCONN party, especially if there is a team at the top of the draft with a need for size, and there always is. This year Coates and Akhator went 2 & 3, it was a weak class but size trumps.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Kalani Brown might crash that 1,2,3 UCONN party, especially if there is a team at the top of the draft with a need for size, and there always is. This year Coates and Akhator went 2 & 3, it was a weak class but size trumps.
True. Kalana is very big and improving at a fast pace. She is probably better than Coates and Akhator right now.

Reaction Score
I'm betting Wilson is the #1 pick this year, and, depending on how much support she gets so that she can "star," the NPOY. I think Pheesa is ultimately a better pro, because she has a better outside shot and is far, far more mobile, but at the college level, certainly, Wilson, under the right circumstances, can be unstopable (except by UConn).

Carnac

Reaction Score
I'm betting Wilson is the #1 pick this year, and, depending on how much support she gets so that she can "star," the NPOY. I think Pheesa is ultimately a better pro, because she has a better outside shot and is far, far more mobile, but at the college level, certainly, Wilson, under the right circumstances, can be unstopable (except by UConn).

A good "skilled" BIG is ALWAYS in demand. (If you already have enough, you can draft one, and use her for trade bait). You can never have too many skilled bigs. That's like having too much money. :confused:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Final score 88-66.

The freshman and sophs outscored 24-6 in 4th quarter.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Sam Bowie over Jordan....Greg Oden over Durant...

C'mon now, nobody bats 1.000. Even the great ones swing and miss every once in a while. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom