Huskies in Italy: Game #2 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Huskies in Italy: Game #2

Reaction Score
Can never work. A large fraction of games have multiple candidates and you will not force BY consensus happily. Also, how could you choose the exception in real time if you only allow one per season?

Why limit the fun? Playing your best/hardest even against mediocre competition is pretty badass in general. Imho, an attribute most UConn fans appreciate

Because of Kia's unique circumstances, I agree and I think this game may have a unanimous winner but if only stat's are considered, this is a good example of multiple winners.
- I realize there will never be a consensus. Kibitzer decides, period.

- To me multiple winner = no winner.

- Glad we agree on Kia

Reaction Score
Yes i did say that z would beat out Collier for the 5th spot which isn't as far fetched as most of you thinking kls is going to be the starting pg and run the team's offense! Dangerfield will be the starting pg and run the offense!
Collier has proven she deserves to be a starter and I don't think Geno will replace her as a starter for Z. Both have their strengths but Phessa is a returning AA and Z has yet to show the consistency that she brings.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Collier has proven she deserves to be a starter and I don't think Geno will replace her as a starter for Z. Both have their strengths but Phessa is a returning AA and Z has yet to show the consistency that she brings.
You can judge consistency after just two exhibition games? Wow! She seemed consistent during her sophomore season. But no, Collier will not be replaced as a starter by Z or anyone else, imo.

Reaction Score
There have been a few comments about how the underclassmen performed in the 4th period. Maybe it's better to consider that they only look weak when compated to the upeerclassmen.

The Netherlands may be a low rated national team but they are loaded with pro players and this is the freshmen's first exposure to that level of physicality and experienced competitor. Remember, Williams didn't even get into the Stanford game her freshman year, mostly due to inexperience. but as she stated heself, because she didn't show the coaches in practice that she was ready. Let's remember that the Netherlands team has been playing together for a long time while UConn's underclassmen are playing together in their first organized games togther.

I don't like to criticize other posters, even when I disagree with their thoughts but there are some who seem to be on a mission to be the first poster to pass judgement on the new players. And to accomplish that they use a video that is posted on twitter that doesn'e even show all 10 players at any point, along with box scores that could well have been created by someone sitting in the stands.

I remember a long thread on another board 4 years ago in which some fairly knowledgable fans predicted that Kia Nurse would never be more than an end of the bench player for UConn based on a video of a scrimmage in which she played fter her third year of high school. that was intended to be a showcase video for another player. That prediction also came during the summer doldrums. :rolleyes:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I wonder if her conditioning is where Geno thinks it should be.

She's had plenty of time to get in shape if she didn't continue to work out after her HS season was over, especially knowing what lay ahead for her. She had the summer school session to raise the level of her conditioning.
There were coaches and trainers available for her to assist her in attaining a level of fitness acceptable to the program. She passed the team's physical, so she couldn't be too bad. The fact that she was in street clothes would suggest she is injured. If you're in the dog house, you still have to dress.

HGN

Reaction Score
She's had plenty of time to get in shape if she didn't continue to work out after her HS season was over, especially knowing what lay ahead for her. She had the summer school session to raise the level of her conditioning.
There were coaches and trainers available for her to assist her in attaining a level of fitness acceptable to the program. She passed the team's physical, so she couldn't be too bad. The fact that she was in street clothes would suggest she is injured. If you're in the dog house, you still have to dress.
I can see your point and accept your explanation...........I was just wondering out loud. Maybe Geno will explain it at some point.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yes i did say that z would beat out Collier for the 5th spot which isn't as far fetched as most of you thinking kls is going to be the starting pg and run the team's offense! Dangerfield will be the starting pg and run the offense!
Nobody ever said KLS was going to be the starting PG. Hope you are saving your pennies.

Reaction Score
By the way there was one snippet of the bench, and Lexi Gordon was in street clothes. Not sure if that means chateau de bow wow, or if she has an injury of some kind...

Lexi was dressed to play and did participate in pre game warm ups for both games without restrictions so I doubt it was a serious injury if that was the reason she didn't play. I guess we will see if she plays in the remaining 2 games.

Reaction Score
You can judge consistency after just two exhibition games? Wow! She seemed consistent during her sophomore season. But no, Collier will not be replaced as a starter by Z or anyone else, imo.
Her Uconn career to be specific. An yea I agree she will start.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Ah, the stamina of youth. Nurse plays and leads canada to an Int'l tourney Gold, gets on a plane and makes a long flight, gets her shorts on and gets 18 points and 4 bounds. She's a player, yes she is.

Reaction Score
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! :)

She matched Lou's 3-5 from the arc and bettered Lou's 4-5 from the line with 5-5. So much for the legs being shot.

If Kia had barfed in a trash can, she would have covered all the bases for having a great game. :D
My baby girl barfed all over my torso and one leg. I didn't flinch but continued to cradle her regardless of the stench and clammy wet clothing. Now who is the badass??

Reaction Score
Got a box score with names for game 1, but not for game 2. Does someone have one? Thanks!

Reaction Score
Cannot read what I am seeing there. Need names, landscape, etc. please. Thank you. Game 1 box was great!

Last edited:

JS

Reaction Score
Cannot read what I am seeing there. Need names, landscape, etc. please. Thank you. Game 1 box was great!
See this thread, post # 68.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I can see your point and accept your explanation......I was just wondering out loud. Maybe Geno will explain it at some point.

Lexi was dressed to play and did participate in pre game warm ups for both games without restrictions so I doubt it was a serious injury if that was the reason she didn't play. I guess we will see if she plays in the remaining 2 games.

It sounds like bleedblue3 has information (a source) we don't have. Some kind of corroboration would be nice. If this is true, I'm at a loss as to why Lexie didn't remain in uniform or play. :confused:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
It sounds like bleedblue3 has information (a source) we don't have. Some kind of corroboration would be nice. If this is true, I'm at a loss as to why Lexie didn't remain in uniform or play. :confused:
Although we didn't see a Rome dateline, I believe bleedblue3 is in Italy, Scoop, so that's a primary source, at least to the observations.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom