Hurley wants 2 more scholarship players | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hurley wants 2 more scholarship players

Reaction Score
I would imagine this guy is a walk on and not a scholarship guy given it's been multiple days since his announcement and there's been nothing from the team or beat guys

Reaction Score
I would imagine this guy is a walk on and not a scholarship guy given it's been multiple days since his announcement and there's been nothing from the team or beat guys
but how did he "walk on" while still being in high school? this obvi isnt an andre drummond situation so dont walk ons actually have to be enrolled and "try out" for the team? are we recruiting walk ons now? maybe i missed a shift in philosophy

Reaction Score
but how did he "walk on" while still being in high school? this obvi isnt an andre drummond situation so dont walk ons actually have to be enrolled and "try out" for the team?
Not necessarily. Obviously not an exact match to the scenario because of his dad but Andrew Hurley announced he was going to UConn as a walk on. People wanted Jaylin Hunter to do the same thing too. Happens in football all the time as well with preferred walk ons who know they're making the team

Reaction Score
No one related to UConn beside Sool even follows him on Instagram. No players responded to his post. He must be a walk-on

Reaction Score
but how did he "walk on" while still being in high school? this obvi isnt an andre drummond situation so dont walk ons actually have to be enrolled and "try out" for the team? are we recruiting walk ons now? maybe i missed a shift in philosophy
High school kids get offered walk on spots all the time. This is nothing new.

Reaction Score
If he’s a walk-on, he’s been guaranteed a spot I guess. Kind of like a preferred walk on in football.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
They all do this now. My daughter is taking Accounting this summer from Northeastern. All online and it's global. There are kids in multiple continents taking this class. Here group study session was at 10 PM last night to accommodate the time zones.
What’s a group study session? For me it was a game of hearts in our floor lobby in McMahon

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
What’s a group study session? For me it was a game of hearts in our floor lobby in McMahon
In this case it’s a group project. But these kids all take college more seriously than we did from what I can see.

Reaction Score
I’ll be happy with a 3-pt shooter. Idc if he can’t dribble the ball without tripping over his own feet. If he can shoot 40% I’ll give him 15 min a game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom