Hurley wants 2 more scholarship players | The Boneyard

Hurley wants 2 more scholarship players

Reaction Score
I’m on board with going for two Springs level guards that could come good as backups as juniors or seniors. You never know, you could end up with a Christian Vital when going after a lower level recruit.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I’d get creative and talk to Mora about bringing in a Basketbal / Football guy. A 6’6”, two sport athlete, Football player, basketball inforcer type. Then I’d get another ball handler

Reaction Score
I’d get creative and talk to Mora about bringing in a Basketbal / Football guy. A 6’6”, two sport athlete, Football player, basketball inforcer type. Then I’d get another ball handler
I don’t think that’s the route they’ll go, but if it is that guy might already be on campus

Reaction Score
My guess is they’ll wait until later in the summer when some guys in the portal start to feel a little desperate.
I totally agree with this. And there will still be some quality talent out there.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I don’t think that’s the route they’ll go, but if it is that guy might already be on campus

Exactly what I’m talking about

Reaction Score
I’m on board with going for two Springs level guards that could come good as backups as juniors or seniors. You never know, you could end up with a Christian Vital when going after a lower level recruit.

I agree with your point but Vital is a bad example. He had a Louisville offer out of high school and was not considered a lower level recruit.

Glad we are not done.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There isnt anyone in the portal that comes close to CV
You have a clouded memory of CV coming out of HS
DH would give his right arm for another CV
DH will find someone but not close talent wise or desire

Reaction Score
There isnt anyone in the portal that comes close to CV
You have a clouded memory of CV coming out of HS
DH would give his right arm for another CV
DH will find someone but not close talent wise or desire
I’m talking about a current high school senior. Not the portal.

Reaction Score
I agree with your point but Vital is a bad example. He had a Louisville offer out of high school and was not considered a lower level recruit.

Glad we are not done.
I was just talking about a 3 star senior in HS, which Vital was. We can get into a semantics argument over what lower level recruit means, as this board is often want to do, but HS 3 star is all I meant.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I was just talking about a 3 star senior in HS, which Vital was. We can get into a semantics argument over what lower level recruit means, as this board is often want to do, but HS 3 star is all I meant.
I was saying this two months ago. Need developmental guys, get 3 stars like the PG who went to Columbia. Can't just focus on the top 75 guys, because guys willing to sit and learn are very valuable bench pieces and can become starters.

Reaction Score
We are behind the Big East upper echelon talent-wise and hope we get 6'7" plus with 3 and 4 versatility. Delaire with grit maybe.
Are we though? You can say Creighton has a better roster and I'll agree with you, but I'm looking around at these other teams and I am not seeing a single one who really has an argument that they are more talented than us. Sanogo, Hawkins, Jackson, and Newton is a ridiculously good core heading into next season.

And also, Baylor Schiermann said yesterday he plans to remain in the draft if he gets a guarantee. If he doesn't end up in Omaha in November, the #1 spot in the BE is up for grabs.

Reaction Score
At this point of the season and the way our roster is set up, we cannot expect a currently starting caliber player to transfer to us.

Multi-year eligibility upside players are the best bet. There are dozens of options out there.

For example, would Virginia Tech's David N'Guessan play here?

6'9 205 from Netherlands w/ three years of eligibility remaining. A push-the-tempo forward who played 13.5 mpg last year, but solid 40-minute #s: 11.1p, 8.1r, 2.1a, 0.9s, 1.8b, 1.2 3pa, 52.2 2p%, 26.7 3p%, 53.3 ft%.

For a one-year stop gap, East Carolina's Alanzo Frink would be a big body for practice: 6'8 270 kid from Jersey City and played HS ball at Roselle

5.7p, 2.7r in 15.8 mpg at East Carolina, played three years at South Carolina before that. Not a kid I'd give PT, but if one of the bigs get injured, he could get in 8-10 mpg in a pinch.

Just a few options from teams we've probably scouted since we added Alleyne and Newton.

Reaction Score
Exactly what I’m talking about
Also in that article - Victor Rosa, Clingan’s point guard at Bristol Central. Not the 6'6" enforcer type guy, but could add depth as a ball handler

Reaction Score
My guess is they’ll wait until later in the summer when some guys in the portal start to feel a little desperate.
This caused me to question what happens to players who entered the portal and do not get selected by a new team? I can see where there might be many players without a new home. Do they loose their scholarship offer when they enter the portal?
I tried to search for an answer but came up empty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom