Hurley Postgame | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Hurley Postgame

Reaction Score
I don’t think he meant that, but I am not him and I am making a bad assumption most likely. I don’t think any post on here is being a jerk or if so than I am a jerk too and maybe I am???? I am just saying that after 7 pages of it what sense does it make to carry this further. I think the original poster was saying let move on and talk about our team and this tournament. As for your comment, I am an older guy and getting softer as I age. Just life ……
I wasn’t referring to you, just those who felt the way you think he felt

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This is a message board. Are you asking me to censor my critique as if DH and the team is reading the forum?
Again, I can support the team and offer critique at the same time. I don’t reserve support when I offer critique. I could argue critique is a form of support.

Of course I want that to happen. What a silly question.
Censor? Not at all. That makes no sense to me.

In my situation, you might label the word "censor" as "silly," but I would regard doing do as rude and overly conclusive upon no real basis.

It's my simple opinion that it would be beneficial to the team's success if posters were to write their words to be helpful and imagining that they'd be read by the coaches.

Thanks for providing clarity about your wanting top performance in each remaining game, one at a time.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I don’t think he meant that, but I am not him and I am making a bad assumption most likely. I don’t think any post on here is being a jerk or if so than I am a jerk too and maybe I am???? I am just saying that after 7 pages of it what sense does it make to carry this further. I think the original poster was saying let move on and talk about our team and this tournament. As for your comment, I am an older guy and getting softer as I age. Just life ……
Maybe more mature, kinder, and less combative rather than "softer."

Reaction Score
Censor? Not at all. That makes no sense to me.

In my situation, you might label the word "censor" as "silly," but I would regard doing do as rude and overly conclusive upon no real basis.

It's my simple opinion that it would be beneficial to the team's success if posters were to write their words to be helpful and imagining that they'd be read by the coaches.

Thanks for providing clarity about your wanting top performance in each remaining game, one at a time.
How would it be silly to refer to it as censoring? I trust you know the definition of the verb. You think I need to suppress parts of what would otherwise be my full and honest opinion/critique of the team and/or coaches, out of this notion that they’re reading the forum.

Hurley is a grown ass man and should be able to take it. Or maybe he should censor himself better and not repeatedly put his foot in his mouth. I haven’t said anything about the players.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
How would it be silly to refer to it as censoring? I trust you know the definition of the verb. You think I need to suppress parts of what would otherwise be my full and honest opinion/critique of the team and/or coaches, out of this notion that they’re reading the forum.

Hurley is a grown ass man and should be able to take it. Or maybe he should censor himself better and not repeatedly put his foot in his mouth. I haven’t said anything about the players.
Don't ask me about "silly;" it's your word, and I was critical of your using it. And, yes, you used "censor" in a way that did not make sense to me. Fact is, you're the one suggesting AND rejecting suppression. Leave me out of it. You can decide within yourself who has the better argument.

The choice in how you conduct yours is entirely yours. I offered no more than sincere opinion that behaving as I suggested would be better for the team you support. You're free to disagree or not care, though you did say that you want the team to perform at its best each game.

What's a "grown ass man," and why are you newly introducing who can or cannot "take it?" What's "it?" What's the relevance of these new things?

Sounds like you dislike some of the stuff he says. I do as well.

I took the time to go back and reread my posts and your posts. I could be wrong (and apologies in advance if I am), but it looks like you & I both haven't said anything about the players.

I read you saying that you disfavored what he said and didn't understand his thinking process. I did my best to establish where our points of intersected and made the suggestion that you be the change you wish to see and do so in a loving spirit. I think it'll advance him and the team faster than rehashing the same tired complaints voiced by those who didn't admit to not understanding his thinking process. I thought that was a candid admission, and saw an opportunity to be helpful. I probably regarded others as too close-minded to bother with.

You offered that you could argue that critique is a form of support. Do you object to my offering that extending loving energy toward your favorite team's head coach is a form of support?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom