Hurley Postgame | The Boneyard

Hurley Postgame

Reaction Score
The mentality of a coach who can't win a Friday night BET game. Its too bad because I don't think there is a coach out there who identifies with the UConn fan base better and the team has objectively improved every year. But next weekend is going to tell us a lot about Hurley. We have a top 5 team and absolutely cannot lose to a 13 or 14 seed.

Reaction Score
No, the not getting AJ mentally ready to stay focused and disciplined on D. Not adjusting to the BE POY making 3s. So instead of going u Der the screen you fight through it. Giving up 2 is better than giving up 3.

Non adjusting hurt UCONN, Danny. Hope we learn from this.
Kolek had 5 points in the second half only 2 after the first possession of the second half.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I don't like the quote. Sounds like an excuse. I guess Marquette had two more hours to prepare and that's why they won. What I dislike more is Hurley starting the game with AJax on Kolek. AJax is an awesome off ball defender. He creates chaos and gets steals and deflections. But in man to man, especially against crafty point guards who can create their own shot, he will get in foul trouble. Hurley should have started Newton on Kolek and then had Alleyne and Diarra follow up. I like putting Jackson on a shooter not a penetrator.

Reaction Score
What is this?

I'm not as much of a Hurley hater as a lot of folks around here but a quote like that's a bad look. Everyone playing in the tournament is dealing with the same thing and there was a +75% chance (despite the overtime drama on Thurs) that they'd be playing Marquette if they beat PC.

Reaction Score
I'm not as much of a Hurley hater as a lot of folks around here but a quote like that's a bad look. Everyone playing in the tournament is dealing with the same thing and there was a +75% chance (despite the overtime drama on Thurs) that they'd be playing Marquette if they beat PC.
Plus we played them twice already this year!!!! Are you kidding me with this quote???? That’s as small time as small time can get.

Reaction Score
Go to 5:36 if you want to hear the full quote and the question that lead to the answer. Question was about the defensive lapses and giving up so many 3's to Joplin and Jones

Yikes and right before that he talks about his teams were in a bad mental state after losing in the Big East tournament the past couple years...

Not going to happen this time though.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Hurley has horrible pressers. Even when we were winning it’s cringe to hear his reasoning behind things.

Like the whole “We went on a slide earlier in the year because we had a tough schedule, we’re winning because it lightened up”. No… We’re winning because you made adjustments to how we played. Can you not acknowledge that adjustments had to be made? The excuses he constantly makes are weird.

Reaction Score
Yikes and right before that he talks about his teams were in a bad mental state after losing in the Big East tournament the past couple years...

I know you're being sarcastic, but yes it won't happen this year. This team feels different, they're legitimately good and capable of making a run unlike the last few years

Reaction Score

Right. So you think they are gonna be loose this week playing a 14 seed???

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I don't like the quote. Sounds like an excuse. I guess Marquette had two more hours to prepare and that's why they won. What I dislike more is Hurley starting the game with AJax on Kolek. AJax is an awesome off ball defender. He creates chaos and gets steals and deflections. But in man to man, especially against crafty point guards who can create their own shot, he will get in foul trouble. Hurley should have started Newton on Kolek and then had Alleyne and Diarra follow up. I like putting Jackson on a shooter not a penetrator.
Did you not watch the game the last time we played them? AJax held him to like one shot.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Granted, but the more puzzling question to me is why did they not focus on driving on their 3 players who had 4 fouls to get them out of the game?
Hard to do when they were sitting on the bench.

I felt in this game the refs were overall fair to us. Unfortunately AJ’s fifth was questionable and instead of a possible tie up he’s done for the game.

My only real beef was with the non calls when Tristen was getting mugged driving to the basket. It’s a BE reffing decision to let that type of play go but that decision severely impacts what he brings to the table. And reduces the chances of getting players to foul out.

Reaction Score
I know you're being sarcastic, but yes it won't happen this year. This team feels different, they're legitimately good and capable of making a run unlike the last few years
No, I was just repeating what Hurley said that it's not going to happen again this year.

I can't really fathom another first round exit but just winning one as a huge favorite won't be good enough, he needs to make it out of the first weekend and he's talking like he expects us to go much further.

He's built this thing up but bottom line is we finally have to execute on some this talk when the games really matter.

Reaction Score
No, I was just repeating what Hurley said that it's not going to happen again this year.

I can't really fathom another first round exit but just winning one as a huge favorite won't be good enough, he needs to make it out of the first weekend and he's talking like he expects us to go much further.

He's built this thing up but bottom line is we finally have to execute on some this talk when the games really matter.
There will be no way to sugarcoat this if we don’t make it to the 2nd weekend. None.

Reaction Score
Non adjusting hurt UCONN, Danny. Hope we learn from this.
We seem to say things like this quite a bit….it’s year 5. He’s had enough time get a Masters…does he need 3 more years for a PhD?…or another 2 for a Post Doc?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom