Hurley Post Game Quotes | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Hurley Post Game Quotes

Reaction Score
I’ve Never seen a player like Gilbert who can pretty much penetrate at will but has such a problem finishing and/or kicking out/hitting the open man. It’s mind boggling

Reaction Score
You can’t teach basketball IQ. It’s blatantly obvious that this team is lacking in that department. I’ve seen the same dumb shots, the same dumb dribbling to nowhere, the same driving into the trees in the lane for the last several years and have seen no improvement.
You can’t teach basketball IQ. - you can teach x's and o's. Think the term for that is coaching.

Reaction Score
And he did absolutely nothing while SJU was running away in the first half. That's part of my point about talent. There is nobody out there who you can rely on to get a basket to stop the run.
Polly is a limited player with a number of flaws, but his lack of production in the first half was a result of the guard play - he can't score if he never touches the ball. The inability to get Polly the ball in the last five minutes, after he proved that he could make his shots, is the biggest indicator of the problems of this team. I'm sitting on my couch, screaming at the TV, "get Polly the Ball" only to see both CV and AG give away the game.

Reaction Score
You can’t teach basketball IQ. - you can teach x's and o's. Think the term for that is coaching.
I think you can teach basketball IQ. Players learn it from someone. Players aren't born with basketball IQ. But I will admit that if they don't have it by the time they get to this level it's harder to learn.

Reaction Score
I think you can teach basketball IQ. Players learn it from someone. Players aren't born with basketball IQ. But I will admit that if they don't have it by the time they get to this level it's harder to learn.
Yeah, that was not my quote...I quoted from another post and added my commentary.

Reaction Score
Polly is a limited player with a number of flaws, but his lack of production in the first half was a result of the guard play - he can't score if he never touches the ball. The inability to get Polly the ball in the last five minutes, after he proved that he could make his shots, is the biggest indicator of the problems of this team. I'm sitting on my couch, screaming at the TV, "get Polly the Ball" only to see both CV and AG give away the game.
Rashad Anderson was a limited player too...but when he got hot the team fed him the ball....Taliek should show him the film of the 2004 NCAA Alabama game. Look at that box score...Taliek took 3 shots and had 10 Assists!! Anderson was 6/9 from deep

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm a big Hurley fan, but some of this debacle is on him. Pregame, coach was talking about the match up nightmare that they faced with St. Joe's. Instead of playing to our comparative advantage, speed and depth, we tried to play their game. They did not have a bunch of great ball handlers...the press should have been employed right from the start.

Vital is all about tenacity, and grit, but he doesn't have the basketball mind to be leader on this team. How many of his shots does he jack up when there is not one teammate is anywhere near the basket? Statistically most will be misses. His shots are ill-timed (s/b labeled turnovers) momentum killers. It's like he does not comprehend the team aspect of the game. Granted, he gives you effort, rebounds, and points - albeit in a losing effort. You would think the definition of insanity would occur to him. Hear he is a bright kid...just has a terrible blind spot.

And speaking of being near the basket for rebounds, as been pointed out here before, Polley drifts away from the hoop when a shot goes up. It's not that he is out muscled, he's not even in the mix.
Not going to get many boards 25' from the basket.

And then there is the one guy with the ball, four guys watching. Coaches have a lot of work to do!
"Match up nightmare" lmao

Reaction Score
I'm a big Hurley fan, but some of this debacle is on him. Pregame, coach was talking about the match up nightmare that they faced with St. Joe's. Instead of playing to our comparative advantage, speed and depth, we tried to play their game. They did not have a bunch of great ball handlers...the press should have been employed right from the start.

Vital is all about tenacity, and grit, but he doesn't have the basketball mind to be leader on this team. How many of his shots does he jack up when there is not one teammate is anywhere near the basket? Statistically most will be misses. His shots are ill-timed (s/b labeled turnovers) momentum killers. It's like he does not comprehend the team aspect of the game. Granted, he gives you effort, rebounds, and points - albeit in a losing effort. You would think the definition of insanity would occur to him. Hear he is a bright kid...just has a terrible blind spot.

And speaking of being near the basket for rebounds, as been pointed out here before, Polley drifts away from the hoop when a shot goes up. It's not that he is out muscled, he's not even in the mix.
Not going to get many boards 25' from the basket.

And then there is the one guy with the ball, four guys watching. Coaches have a lot of work to do!
Agree with all of that, it was a brutal game for Hurley. That St. Joe's team sucks, the only possible way they could beat us is by spreading us out and making a ton of threes and we let them do it. We let their fat and slow point guard bomb threes on us all night. They had no major athletes and no real ballhandlers and yet we only really pressed them when we were down a million points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom