Hurley on Next Year | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Hurley on Next Year

Reaction Score
He lacks the physicality and doesn't seem to particularly like contact.
Which is ironic since his father was an NFL linebacker for six years and was an All American at Florida St. before that.

Reaction Score
Which is ironic since his father was an NFL linebacker for six years and was an All American at Florida St. before that.
I know i keep thinking he’ll come back tougher and stronger, but it hasnt happened. Maybe mom was a string bean and he got it for her. Dad was awesome at FSU, remember him well.

As weak as he is physically, it’s his weakness mentally that hurts as much or more. If they can get him to buy in to he can actually compete for and get rebounds and help him get an aggressive mindset offensively, he can do some real nice things. He had some surprising drives and obviously can stroke it. A lot to like in his game if he can get his mind tougher.

pj

Reaction Score
Where is this idea that Polley can play small forward coming from? Most teams in our conference play with 3 guards, Polley had trouble staying in front of 4s last year, I don’t think he even played 1 minute at the 3. I think he battles Akok for time at the 4... in all honestly it’s more likely that he sees time at the 5 next year than the 3.

Fair point. I just listed him as competing for time at the 3, didn't say he'd get it. Should have listed B Adams in there too. I do think it's easier to develop an inside game since that is more strength, smarts, and mindset than a perimeter game which needs more innate quickness he may not have. If Polley were to focus on competing with Akok and Whaley for time at 4 and 5, that might be good for the team. But players usually like to work on perimeter skills.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Fair point. I just listed him as competing for time at the 3, didn't say he'd get it. Should have listed B Adams in there too. I do think it's easier to develop an inside game since that is more strength, smarts, and mindset than a perimeter game which needs more innate quickness he may not have. If Polley were to focus on competing with Akok and Whaley for time at 4 and 5, that might be good for the team. But players usually like to work on perimeter skills.

He’s a good 3 point shooter, so it’s possible he could be at the three if Hurley wants to play a big lineup for match-up purposes. I think he’s going to get stronger and work on his inside scoring and rebounding.

I think Sid will see the most minutes at SF. If he can find a shot his length and athleticism in that spot, paired with Akok, makes our defense very formidable. I truly believe our biggest jump this year will be on the defensive end.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom