"Hurley is eyeing the expected opening at UConn" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

"Hurley is eyeing the expected opening at UConn"

Reaction Score
I don't like Hurley but heard that he is coming. They r waiting till the NCAAT to be over to avoid conflicts
. Marshall might be coming as an assistant also
Donyell? Know you are talking!!!! Just made my sat. Keep Chill and lets bring on Scottie too. The new dream team?

Reaction Score
Yeah, Carlton has it in him to be very good. Unfortunately, we saw a spurt of improvement but it kind of leveled off and even fell back some. Classic problem with KO kids. They just don't seem to make big improvements over a season or even season to season.

They all had their runs, Whaley early then he leveled off too. Carlton was actually the most consistent relatively speaking. Diarra didn't get much time but they all share the foul bond. Man they can't keep their hands off of people and don't position themselves well on D. Hopefully all have the ability to be taught these things because all show some potential.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
So if we don't he didn't live up to expectations?
In Year 1, with that group, I'd expect him (or any coach we hire) to have a year similar to KO's first in terms of record & competitiveness.

Reaction Score
In Year 1, with that group, I'd expect him (or any coach we hire) to have a year similar to KO's first in terms of record & competitiveness.

Hope you're right, after all I want to win again.

Reaction Score
I don't like Hurley but heard that he is coming. They r waiting till the NCAAT to be over to avoid conflicts
. Marshall might be coming as an assistant also
That would be fine by me. Bring Moore and Marshall and then steal Hobbs from Rutgers to round out the staff. That may be a stretch but it is my ideal scenario.

And, consider that this will re-engage Calhoun. And then add Hurley Sr. and Blaney as consigliere. Kinda exciting and gives one hope.

Reaction Score
LOL - as opposed to everything you heard before that was the opposite?
Yelp, I heard this last night from one of the college hierarchy. Did't think it will leak out that fast. This will have major adverse affect on the negotiation of the buyout. The leak came from Ollie's side. There is no donor to sponser the buyout

Reaction Score
Donyell? Know you are talking!!!! Just made my sat. Keep Chill and lets bring on Scottie too. The new dream team?
Haven’t we learned anything? I’d be okay with one of former players or coaches but not a whole staff of them again. Despite our team being out of the tourney, I’m excited for the first time in years.

Reaction Score
That would be fine by me. Bring Moore and Marshall and then steal Hobbs from Rutgers to round out the staff. That may be a stretch but it is my ideal scenario.

And, consider that this will re-engage Calhoun. And then add Hurley Sr. and Blaney as consigliere. Kinda exciting and gives one hope.

Not a ton of agreements from me and you Paes but this one looks good on paper for a lot of reasons. Problem being Hurley has his own ideas I am sure but Moore is also a good start.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Haven’t we learned anything? I’d be okay with one of former players or coaches but not a whole staff of them again.
I'd happily take Donyell as a big man coach tho, tbh. Add in Moore and Hurley's top assistant from URI, and that's a pretty good staff.

#1 PA Husky Fan

Diehard Fan of All UConn Sports Teams!
Reaction Score
You guys gotta chill out with hiring back former players. That turned out great last time in the long run (outside of 2014).

Let AD conduct his search and see what happens.
Agree. But I hope that the new coach can re-engage the program with our basketball alumni and Calhoun. The current state of disengagement is very disappointing.

Reaction Score
I want Hurley at this point just to spite the idiots on the Rhody board. Jesus they're delusional

The ones who say we're a worse job than Rutgers or St. John's really have me rolling.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
You guys gotta chill out with hiring back former players. That turned out great last time in the long run (outside of 2014).
Zero problem with bringing back at least one former player as an assistant. Ollie's last few years have been horrible, but his first five were spectacular.

Hurley has almost 20 years as a head coach btw. I'm pretty confident he understands how to run a staff.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not a ton of agreements from me and you Paes but this one looks good on paper for a lot of reasons. Problem being Hurley has his own ideas I am sure but Moore is also a good start.

From the pikell tree I’ll take whoever stoneybrook had working with jameel Warney.

That guy knew how to position his body to get easy baskets on offense. One of the best I’ve seen at that.

Reaction Score
Any realistic shot at Donovan? Or is that like my dreams of dating Christie Brinkley in my youth?

He'd have to get fired, and he won't get fired before June at the earliest. I think we need a new coach before then so as not to lose every recruit and current player. Need to avoid a Pitt situation where we have no recruits or returnees of note for the new coach. Probably means needing a new coach before semester ends.

the Q

Reaction Score
Zero problem with bringing back at least one former player as an assistant. Ollie's last few years have been horrible, but his first five were spectacular.

Hurley has almost 20 years as a head coach btw. I'm pretty confident he understands how to run a staff.

It’s like geno’s staff, you want at least one other person who knows the Uconn standard for players, but not an echo chamber.

the Q

Reaction Score
He'd have to get fired, and he won't get fired before June at the earliest. I think we need a new coach before then so as not to lose every recruit and current player. Need to avoid a Pitt situation where we have no recruits or returnees of note for the new coach.

Yup. This is why Donovan wasn’t going to be an option this year.

He would’ve had to have been after 2018/19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom