How did you first hear about the Boneyard? | The Boneyard

How did you first hear about the Boneyard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry if this question has been posted before, and maybe it’s better suited for summer, but as I’ve spent this week watching old clips of our early-2000’s Huskies, I couldn’t help but think about how that’s when I first discovered the Boneyard. I was about 12 years old and I had just started following recruiting for the first time and I think I stumbled upon this world while searching for recruits on Scout.

Ever since, I’ve always been curious about how people found this place. Is is mostly just Google? Word of mouth?

Would love to hear other people’s stories!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Googled "UCONN fan forum" just for yuks sometime last year. The rest is history...

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I was there when Al Gore invented the internet. I suggested a UConn Huskies site. And then Al invented Fishy.

So it's your fault. I guess that would make you a dyed in the wool liberal!

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
In 2012 after Drummond's surprise commitment. Googled"Andre Drummond" and one of the links on the front page led me to the old Scout board.

Reaction Score
Great thread...I first heard about The Boneyard in 2000 when searching for a Uconn board as well. One of first topics I remember was the fans being disappointed in not getting Uche (sp) Okafor and we had to settle for a lesser Okafor in Emeka instead...

connectikev

RIP, Kev (3/4/2018)
Reaction Score
Found the Boneyard quite by accident......
Ran into a couple of yarders a whole bunch of years ago (at a UCONN / Seton Game in New Jersey I believe)
Not certain, but I believe Ajou Ajou Deng actually had a good game that day.
During the game - two fellow UCONN Fans suggested that I check out the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
You know....I can't even remember how I found this crazy place, But I know it was a few months after 77-74 and immediately thinking, "Man...how great would it have been to have found this place BEFORE we beat Dook and be able to share in all that craziness".

Reaction Score
Not sure how I found it as google wasn't even popular then. I think alta vista was the search engine of choice then.

Anyway it was a sometime before the first Championship. Forgot exact time but it wasn't the Boneyard or I don't think even Scout then. Hell I forgot what it was but I recall just a whole lot of words being typed on a bulletin board thingee.

Reaction Score
Too long ago to remember. Not sure which came first - the old Courant board, or the Georgetown sub-board, or what actually came first, but the Boneyard has been around for a long, long time in a number of different configurations

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Followed a Providence fan here. They said this is a real college team's forum....

Reaction Score
espn.com. Was dealing with this troll (TruthorUConnsequences?) there for a while and someone suggested here. What a relief it was to get away from that BC loving low-lifer. Thousands of posts spewing hate for UConn.

Reaction Score
I have been around since the Courant message board days. I think it was the Husky Howl or Husky Hardcores or something and I'd have to guess it was around 1995-96. The administrators of that board changed the format, people complained, they said "too bad" and Tom and Fishy basically went off built their own board and the Yard was the result. We bounced from server to server as we crashed sites every other week. It's funny to think of how, back then, we'd all email each other with the new link and over time, everyone would eventually find the new home and stagger back into the fold.

1995-96??? Geez. I really have spent a lot of time hanging around with you s.

Reaction Score
espn.com. Was dealing with this troll (TruthorUConnsequences?) there for a while and someone suggested here. What a relief it was to get away from that BC loving low-lifer. Thousands of posts spewing hate for UConn.

Same thing here.

Reaction Score
Same thing here.
His futile efforts strengthened the cause! I know there's other posters here who used to post there. One of them pointed out here, I think johnhuskies95.

Reaction Score
Found it at least 15 years ago. Some really good posters back then but the site wasn't nearly as slick as it is today. This is our resting place after Tom moved from the site to Rivals, then to Scout and now to this location.

Reaction Score
I have been around since the Courant message board days. I think it was the Husky Howl or Husky Hardcores or something and I'd have to guess it was around 1995-96. The administrators of that board changed the format, people complained, they said "too bad" and Tom and Fishy basically went off built their own board and the Yard was the result. We bounced from server to server as we crashed sites every other week. It's funny to think of how, back then, we'd all email each other with the new link and over time, everyone would eventually find the new home and stagger back into the fold.

1995-96??? Geez. I really have spent a lot of time hanging around with you s.
Yeah, that rings a bell. The courant board was fine until they decided to go to a hidden conversation style format where you couldn't see individual messages at a glance.

Reaction Score
Heard about it from my friend last May. Btw, are there archives on here with posts from the late 90s/early 2000s? The historian in me would love to analyze those primary sources.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
About a year or so post 1999 championship. Was happy to lurk for a couple of years, then went overseas and started posting to keep in touch with other Husky fans. Back to lurking for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom