How can I watch an ESPN3 event? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

How can I watch an ESPN3 event?

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Does anyone have an alternate link to watch a replay of the game? Tried to record through Hulu but it was a catastrophic fail.

Reaction Score
Does anyone have an alternate link to watch a replay of the game? Tried to record through Hulu but it was a catastrophic fail.
You don't want to watch the game again with that production quality. Was painful enough watching it live.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I feel like I’m watching a high school game on local cable access channel with this broadcast
Haha I said the same thing in the chat.

Reaction Score
After that production debacle, we should change the thread on how not to watch on ESPN 3.
Good god what a horrible broadcast. It was like they had a high school kid manning the camera, and they don’t know how to use the filters on the camera. Horrible quality.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Haha I said the same thing in the chat.

Yes, several people made the high school AV club comment. When you have that many people independently making the same observation with the same comparison, you know it was a horrible production.

Reaction Score
If you have ESPN+ you can watch a replay. Or I you have a friend or family member with ESPN+ or the Disney+ package that includes ESPN+ you can see if you can borrow their account to watch. Better yet show up at their house with a pizza and bottle of Dark Lord and watch with them.

Reaction Score
The “red outs” and the dizzying camera swings were bad enough, but they also never seemed to have the right down and distance in the Chiron. It was a joke, but we ended up laughing at the inanity of the amateur production, thankful we could see it at all. Finding out how to set it up, then adding the code and nervously waiting—then finally seeing the game on screen made me understand how those lost in the desert feel when they see an oasis.

Reaction Score
Weird thing. During the middle of watching the broadcast on my TV , the stream went out with the message 'too many streams' appearing on my TV. I immediately logged on to the game on my laptop. I was able to log back in on my TV also. The laptop version was initially few seconds ahead. When it went to commercial break, the TV and laptop had different commercials. Every time it returned from commercial break the delay between the TV and laptop got longer, to the point where the laptop was almost 2 plays ahead. Were they showing more ad's on the TV version and delaying the return to the game?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
The “red outs” and the dizzying camera swings were bad enough, but they also never seemed to have the right down and distance in the Chiron. It was a joke, but we ended up laughing at the inanity of the amateur production, thankful we could see it at all. Finding out how to set it up, then adding the code and nervously waiting—then finally seeing the game on screen made me understand how those lost in the desert feel when they see an oasis.
Felt like I was watching a bad high school game stream. Like you, I was grateful to have a way to watch, but shocked at how poor the broadcast was. My stream went back to 17-0 when it was 26-10 later in the game...had to exit the app and start over to get live.

Reaction Score
The production was amateur hour but I think the broadcast guys were pretty good, often better than pros. They kept focused on the game and deciphered what the H was happening on the field rather than just obsessed with listening to themselves speak. Good job by the guys.

Reaction Score
The production was amateur hour but I think the broadcast guys were pretty good, often better than pros. They kept focused on the game and deciphered what the H was happening on the field rather than just obsessed with listening to themselves speak. Good job by the guys.
They were also very complimentary of UConn which also may have swayed you...;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Felt like I was watching a bad high school game stream. Like you, I was grateful to have a way to watch, but shocked at how poor the broadcast was. My stream went back to 17-0 when it was 26-10 later in the game...had to exit the app and start over to get live.

Screw that. One way or another anyone who legally logged in to Watch ESPN and watched that game paid for that service and the service sucked.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can we add a "?" to the end of the thread title.

After watching Saturday it seems like the thread should read more as a rhetorical question than a declarative statement.

Reaction Score
I will summarize how to watch ESPN3 games. First of all, you can always watch ESPN games on replay by using the ESPN app on your phone, on TV, or on your computer.

There are some ESPN3 games that are available that come with your ESPN channels via your cable or satellite subscriptions. You must log in to the ESPN app with authentication from those channels (Xfinity, Hulu, Youtube TV, etc.). With this, you can watch games that are on ESPN, ESPN 2, and other ESPN channels if you have a subscription. You should be able to watch most ESPN3 games with this setup.

There are also ESPN+ games, where you need an ESPN+ subscription or a HULU/Disney+/ESPN+ combo subscription. You must log into your ESPN app with the same login you got from ESPN to watch all the ESPN+ games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I found an alternate link:
photo-2.jpg

Reaction Score
Is there any reason to be optimistic that the broadcast will be improved for the next game? I'm dreading the same garbage again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom