How about Sid? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

How about Sid?

Reaction Score
Sid better get back real soon. The longer he sits, and the more 'burn' the freshman are getting he will be sitting on the bench cheering. Even in the games he's played he wasn't a major factor or contributor.

Not saying what ever is keeping him out is not legit, just saying that his situation is becoming precarious after each game he doesn't play, especially when we're winning.

Reaction Score
As someone mentioned in the chat, maybe Hurley sending Sid a message. Maybe he isn't hustling enough in practice. Time will tell

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Polley becoming a lights out shooter was very bad news for Sid. Going to need to do the little things. Hurley definitely decided before the game today that Sid was not playing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What’s the depth chart look like next year ?
PG: Cole-Gaffney
SG: Bouknight-Adams
SF: Polley-Jackson
PF: Akok-Whaley
C: Carlton-Springs/Javonte Brown Ferguson

Sid and another addition likely the odd men out of the rotation, along with the loser of the back up center job.

Edit: Why cant we type J-B-F? It's really unnecessary for it to correct to his full name, unless I'm missing something?

Reaction Score
Outside of a three minute stretch against Indiana has Sid added anything all year?

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
If DH is playing walk-ons over Sid, you can pretty clearly bet a message is being sent.

Reaction Score
Even in the games he's played he wasn't a major factor or contributor.
I'd say besides the Sacred Heart game and the Indiana game, when he came off the bench and gave the team a quick spark in the 2nd half, you're pretty much right that he hasn't had much of an effect on any of the games.

Reaction Score

Whaley can’t play PF. He’s gonna be joining Wilson at the end of the bench with the addition of Springs and Javonte Brown Ferguson. 10 rotation guys max

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
Whaley can’t play PF. He’s gonna be joining Wilson at the end of the bench with the addition of Springs and Javonte Brown Ferguson. 10 rotation guys max

Agreed.

PF: Akok-Springs
C: Carlton-Javonte Brown Ferguson

Plus Whaley, Wilson, player to be named later.

I suspect we see some Cole-Gaffney-Bouknight-Akok-center and Cole-Gaffney-Bouknight-Jackson-Akok 3-guard lineups.

The frontcourt is going to be crowded and minutes scarce. Guards could use some extra depth. Hopefully a good guard turns up in the spring.

Reaction Score

Did you watch Whaley today vs a smaller team? He played excellent did everything no one notices because it's not in box scores. Got to loose balls, hedge/help defense was really good and he got out to the shooter unlike Josh (not a good match up for him not a hammer at him at all). Set picks, rebounded, kept balls alive he had a nice game as the back up. Not sure you throw any of those 2 ahead of him as of yet automatically.

Reaction Score
Did you watch Whaley today vs a smaller team? He played excellent did everything no one notices because it's not in box scores. Got to loose balls, hedge/help defense was really good and he got out to the shooter unlike Josh (not a good match up for him not a hammer at him at all). Set picks, rebounded, kept balls alive he had a nice game as the back up. Not sure you throw any of those 2 ahead of him as of yet automatically.

I was at the game today and thought Whaley played really well. He has come a long way. I agree it's foolish to write him off. He is already a decent back up and should keep improving as he always works hard.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Sid and another addition likely the odd men out of the rotation, along with the loser of the back up center job.

Edit: Why cant we type J-B-F? It's really unnecessary for it to correct to his full name, unless I'm missing something?
If Jackson can play a lick of D, Polley will be sitting
Akok (if he's still in Storrs) and Jackson at the 3 and 4 will be lightning and high risers Not the bulk but who knows what the off-season conditioning will bring.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can't see how you can be so sure on any of this
Whalley has the mobility and the mid range shooting that would make him a serviceable 4. A little work on a handle and a few quick step moves to the basket and there is time for him. He sure looked like a player who belonged today, unlike Josh's play the last few games.
Nobody knows what the deal with Sid is so the speculations and regulating him to the end of the bench are premature

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Or he's hurt. Or sick. Or had an academic issue. Or a sick grandmother. We don't know squat and shouldn't speculate until we do. He was one of the higher effort guys against St. Peters.
Then DH needs to nip speculation in the bud and say so.

Reaction Score
Unless he expands his skills outside of the paint area, he'll be a pure energy guy. He kept us in the game last night with his energy.

Reminds me of a Roscoe Smith to be honest - except I hope he stays all 4 years and averages a double double like he did as a senior at UNLV.
Roscoe who?.....wonder if he still makes really bad decisions.

Reaction Score
It baffles me how incoming Freshman are already being penciled into the lineup next year when most have only seen a mixtape of them.

Polly is always the first to be speculated to the bench. But two sentences later someone says we need to get a knockdown shooter.. newsflash—- Polly is a extremely good shooter, the best on the team. He will be a senior.

Jackson is going to have to show a jumpshot ( a weak point for him ) and defensive ability before Polly gets parked anywhere. He is not just going to be running around dunking over guys in the Big East like he does in his mix tape. Bouk is playing off the bench and is a great freshman with more tools. Ya think Jackson is just going to pushing players to the bench when Bouk is not.

All good things come with time. Let DH worry about who is playing where.

Also Whaley could be a big asset next year.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that there was a message being sent here. I understand that Polley's emergence as a three-point weapon and Bouknight's emergence as a multi-faceted scorer has cut into Sid's minutes. There were opportunities to get Sid in this game during the game itself. There certainly was an opportunity to get him in the game late. A message is being sent about effort and hopefully Sid will heed it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Outside of a three minute stretch against Indiana has Sid added anything all year?

I think he’s played well overall, though not a huge impact. He’s made some big plays and his defense has been good. He was great playing center in overtime against Xavier when everyone else was fouled out and akok was on the bench for some reason. I hope he finds a role and will be rooting for him. I understand that at the wing, bouk is an undeniable talent that needs minutes, Hurley likes adams and hurley feels he needs to play Polley because of his shooting. But here’s a question: if gilbert and Vital were shooting like they are capable of the whole season, would hurley play Polley less and sid more since there would be less shooting worries?

Reaction Score
Roscoe who?.....wonder if he still makes really bad decisions.
You don't think we need someone that is in the top 5 nationally in rebounding average? The kid put up 12 and 7 as a freshman in the BE championship game with a black eye.

Roscoe made some bonehead plays but I'll take him right now as a senior so we don't have CV rebounding the ball, running up the court into a corner or taking a pull up 3.

Reaction Score
There's more to this. The walk ons played and Sid didn't.

Hurley's full quote says it all: “Wanted to up James [Bouknight’s] minutes. He got to 22 today,” Hurley said. “Seeing where Gaffney is going, he’s surging, so I wanted to get him more minutes. It’s hard to play 10 guys, and it’s hard for guys to get a rhythm when you’re at 10. We’re going to need Sid, and Sid’s got to keep himself ready here. He’s got to work daily to get better so that he makes me want to put him in.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom