Houston | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Houston

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Anyone see what Houston did to Cinci today?
They are a rebounding machine and all in that lie-up can handle and shoot the 3
They are big and physical
A tough challenge with a full squad never mind a squad of 7
Not saying that UConn can't do it but to do so Houston will have to be shooting poorly and Uconn has to stay out of foul trouble - hard to do looking at the D that JC, Bouk and Gaff are prone to produce
Play smart, limit errors and this scrappy team is capable of a lot

Watched part of game. Heard announcer say UH rebounds something like 35% of their missed shots. Unreal offensive rebound percentage.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
7 scholarship guys going against the top team in the conference, and actually not feeling a sense of dread...

Back in Big East slugfests next year.

Hurley at the helm, JB, IW, Gaffney. CV playing at the top of the D-1 game going into Senior Night. The hopeful/eventual return of AA and Polley. JC hasn't necessarily played the best ball he'll play in his UConn jersey. PLUS the new talent rolling in?!

It's a good time to be a UConn fan right now. Again. This is what it's all about.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
very few tickets left for those that still want to be there.

Reaction Score
Watched part of game. Heard announcer say UH rebounds something like 35% of their missed shots. Unreal offensive rebound percentage.

And we all know what happens when the other team offensive rebounds, reaching and hitting them = foul trouble. This is the absolute worst matchup we can have with 7 guys and 2 bigs, the worst easily. I will be beyond impressed if our guys stay in this game no matter how crazy the crowd is. Huskies will need to shoot it pretty much like their best of the year to grab this one. Those 4 guard line ups against this team is scary and we will need them.

Fun thing is just when you tell them they can't, they do. Let's see!

Reaction Score
We have out rebounded 7 of our last 8 opponents all conference games not worried about rebounding foul trouble yes. Also we will see how Houston’s 4 guard lineup translates to road they are very inconsistent shooting team. AAC is a home league we have seen this every years teams are way different home then away way more than other leagues, because of the far travel during week.

Reaction Score
And we all know what happens when the other team offensive rebounds, reaching and hitting them = foul trouble. This is the absolute worst matchup we can have with 7 guys and 2 bigs, the worst easily. I will be beyond impressed if our guys stay in this game no matter how crazy the crowd is. Huskies will need to shoot it pretty much like their best of the year to grab this one. Those 4 guard line ups against this team is scary and we will need them.

Fun thing is just when you tell them they can't, they do. Let's see!

Yeah, this is a tough match up. We had trouble keeping a team on the floor against them due to foul trouble before Akok's injury. The bigger problem, however, isn't being to keep 5 scholarship players on the floor at all times. The problem is how many minutes can we play where we have more than one player over 6'4" on the floor at a time? And without Sid, the way Josh has been picking up fouls the answer will be close to zero. It will take a huge effort to not be overwhelmed on the boards. Our offensive efficiency will have to be through the roof.

Reaction Score
Man it feels so good to see an opposing coach say that again. It’s been a while.
Never pay too much attention to what an opposing coach says positive about you .
Calhoun among others was a master at building an opponent up.Those comments are aimed at motivating his team not to be complacent. The kids however don’t always heed the warning.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Gampel will be crazy! Cannot wait for this game. @mauconnfan is dead right. Sampson will just go hard at everybody, especially driving to the hoop against Whaley and Carlton, putting stress on the whole team with fouls.
It seemed everyone we played goes to the hoop. AND scores. Trying to think a couple of games ago. They were driving against us easily. So going after our two big's is not a surprise. Teams have been doing it all year. I think Bouk will get involved on those drives. Didn't he get a couple of goal tending last game?

Reaction Score
I'm so worried about this game. With as aggressive as Houston is, they are going to foul....but even if we do a good job of not fouling, the refs are not going to let Houston get 10 fouls while we have 3, for example. They are going to try to even it up because that is what they do. So I can't see us avoiding foul trouble at all, even if we are extremely disciplined and we can't afford to have anyone foul out.

I don't know whats up with Sid, but please bring him back for this game.

Hopefully, I'm wrong. We lost a lot of games I felt good about this season so maybe this will be the opposite.

Reaction Score
Hopefully UConn has a Bye to the AAC day - just like each team has had events to say bye to us

Reaction Score
T- ~49 hours and 1 ticket left on UConn’s site.

We <3 U CV!

Reaction Score
These last few seasons have been um, atypical and now here we come. You know lately it occurs to me........

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
CV will not let us lose on Senior night, so long as the zebras don't take it away from us.

Reaction Score
They're a very good team. Their 4 conference losses are all on the road by 1 or 2 points. They're the 2nd best oreb team in the country.

As mentioned, they're a particularly bad matchup for us. We don't have the bodies to keep them off the boards. We'd have to keep JC and IW on the court at all times to have a chance on the boards, which both hurts our offense and is essentially impossible for rest/foul reasons.

Our best bet is probably just to try and outscore them, which will be very difficult because their D is also quite good. We're going to need an A+ shooting game from beyond the arc and to draw as many fouls as possible.
Uh. Don’t worry. The law offices of bouknight and vital have it covered. 9-16 on 3s. Lock it in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom