Houston | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Houston

Reaction Score
Need to beat Houston to have any chance of an invitation to the NIT.

Reaction Score
Houston def has some talented guards but some people on this board are worried about the talent difference. I still think UConn has the two best players on the court Thursday. Houston doesn’t have anyone better than vital and Bouknight there most talented player is grimes and that guy is enigma. They are getting a lot out of sasser and mills two guys that are 3 star recruits and Hinton is a good role player. Jarreau is talented but a clown and I think Whaley is playing better than both Harris and white. There is no talent gap last years Houston team yes this year no. For us it will be stay out of foul trouble and get something from role players like AG BA JG and JC.

Reaction Score
I have 2 for Thursday night. DM me if interested. Face value ($30/ticket i think)

Reaction Score
We do need Christian to understand this is his "Senior Night" not "his night" on the court. Last 2-3 games he's playing more within himself and the team, shooting it better making mostly better decisions. That needs to stay true because the hero ball to get the big numbers in his last game can't happen this team is playing really special for 7 guys. Nothing says 30/10/10 is required on this special event just another W.

Reaction Score

Translation: Wilson plays if Gilbert is out. Wilson doesn’t play if Gilbert is playing.

Reaction Score

Translation: Wilson plays if Gilbert is out. Wilson doesn’t play if Gilbert is playing.

Obviously I trust Hurley’s judgement but to me that seems a little unfair to only let sid play if AG isn’t available. These two situations shouldn’t be related.

Reaction Score
Obviously I trust Hurley’s judgement but to me that seems a little unfair to only let sid play if AG isn’t available. These two situations shouldn’t be related.
I agree with you. I just feel if Gilbert is out with only one walk on then I don’t think Hurley has much of a choice. That being said I don’t know what the suspensions for. Either way this ain’t great.

Reaction Score
A coach has to do what is best for the team. Disciplining is often most important, but sometimes just having bodies so you can compete in games is what is best.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Agreed.

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score
There's definitely something behind this "injury"

Reaction Score
I agree with you. I just feel if Gilbert is out with only one walk on then I don’t think Hurley has much of a choice. That being said I don’t know what the suspensions for. Either way this ain’t great.

I mean we can't bring a guy back who isn't committed to the team just because someone else isn't playing can we? That's nuts. Not saying I know anything but doubt we see him.

Reaction Score
There's definitely something behind this "injury"

Maybe Hurley being coy about managing the APR situation again, like he was when the broom was out before it went back into the closet.

He's having back spasms, it's no more nefarious than that.

Reaction Score
I don't remember the game other than it was good. But a quick look at the box score:
Vital was 3-12
Gilbert was 3-11
We had 15 turnovers
They had 19 turnovers
We had 8 steals
They had 6 steals
Both teams shot 36+% from the field
We had 26 boards
They had 33 boards
We were 15-23 on free throws
The were 25-34 on free throws!

UConn is much more efficient on offense the last several games.
Defense efficiency isn't quite as good.
Turn them over, don't foul, keep them off the glass and don't shoot 36%.
Easy right?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I don't remember the game other than it was good. But a quick look at the box score:
Vital was 3-12
Gilbert was 3-11
We had 15 turnovers
They had 19 turnovers
We had 8 steals
They had 6 steals
Both teams shot 36+% from the field
We had 26 boards
They had 33 boards
We were 15-23 on free throws
The were 25-34 on free throws!

UConn is much more efficient on offense the last several games.
Defense efficiency isn't quite as good.
Turn them over, don't foul, keep them off the glass and don't shoot 36%.
Easy right?
Yep we could have won it at the FT line. We also had 3 guys foul out so that Temi had to be an option

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom