Sid, Bouk and CV fouled out
Pork Chop started his string of double doubles with 4 steals
Houston made more FTs than we took
Mills had 20 pts in 23 min off the bench

Staying out of foul trouble, containing Mills and rebounds should get us a win

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
What I am saying is that Houston is playing an entirely different team this time - I too like our chances

Hah my bad ... I haven’t had my coffee yet it’s Sunday.

Considering the circumstances they still very much had a chance at stealing that one. Hopefully they can continue the revenge tour.

Reaction Score
Get you rabies booster. Here’s Dejon “the Jaw” Jarreau. Student section give away: those little windup chattering teeth.
Don’t forget the girly little booty shorts He wore lol. . I love our chances in this one. Gampel, senior night for CV, wish we were 8 deep. If We win this one- watch out. Then we pull the 6 seed and the path to aac conference final is super realistic. My early spread is Houston -2( just because we are so short handed) if akok or polley were playing in this one, we d be favored no question

Reaction Score
Kelvin has his plan in line as we speak. I promise he goes hard at Josh and Pork Chop knowing we're in monster trouble with both in foul trouble. He has the horses and size to do that, it's coming let's see what these 2 can do to stay out of foul trouble and let's see if the stripes don't get ridiculous with calls down there.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Refs will play a huge part in this. If every touch is called a foul, or if all technicals have to be called two ways no matter who instigated, we will be in trouble. If the refs let the players on each side decide who wins, I like our chances. On Senior Night at home I think we will be playing for more than they are.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Gampel will be crazy! Cannot wait for this game. @mauconnfan is dead right. Sampson will just go hard at everybody, especially driving to the hoop against Whaley and Carlton, putting stress on the whole team with fouls.
I wish Sid were in this game he does have a knack for taking offensive fouls

Reaction Score
How many times does a guy need to be suspended before he wakes up
We will win out the rest of the season without him.

Reaction Score
Kelvin has his plan in line as we speak. I promise he goes hard at Josh and Pork Chop knowing we're in monster trouble with both in foul trouble. He has the horses and size to do that, it's coming let's see what these 2 can do to stay out of foul trouble and let's see of the stripes don't get ridiculous with calls down there.

Yup. This game depends on josh being smart and the refs not screwing us. If both of those happen, we can win.

Reaction Score
I have a disdain for Houston ever since Rob Gray played. That kid was a killer. I wanna see us beat 'em. They are ranked, it is senior night, and a win puts us on a better path. I think our boys know what it means, can, and want to get the job done. I'm ready for Thursday. Let's go Huskies!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I would start Adams over Whaley to save him or start Whaley over Josh and have Adams start. What we've been doing has been working but Houston is not ECU

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Anyone see what Houston did to Cinci today?
They are a rebounding machine and all in that lie-up can handle and shoot the 3
They are big and physical
A tough challenge with a full squad never mind a squad of 7
Not saying that UConn can't do it but to do so Houston will have to be shooting poorly and Uconn has to stay out of foul trouble - hard to do looking at the D that JC, Bouk and Gaff are prone to produce
Play smart, limit errors and this scrappy team is capable of a lot

Reaction Score
They're a very good team. Their 4 conference losses are all on the road by 1 or 2 points. They're the 2nd best oreb team in the country.

As mentioned, they're a particularly bad matchup for us. We don't have the bodies to keep them off the boards. We'd have to keep JC and IW on the court at all times to have a chance on the boards, which both hurts our offense and is essentially impossible for rest/foul reasons.

Our best bet is probably just to try and outscore them, which will be very difficult because their D is also quite good. We're going to need an A+ shooting game from beyond the arc and to draw as many fouls as possible.

Reaction Score
We had them on the hook and let them off. No reason we don’t close the deal this time. We are much better than when we first met in view.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
So this is the game that I have been waiting for. Last time in Houston:
No Tyler
Al started and had maybe his worst game of his career 6 TOs and 1-7 FT
Akok and JC were non-factors
Sid put in 13 mins with 5 points and 5PF
Sid, Bouk and CV fouled out
Pork Chop started his string of double doubles with 4 steals
Houston made more FTs than we took
Mills had 20 pts in 23 min off the bench

Yep...all of that and we still only lost by 4 points at Houston, and we didn't have the cohesion or momentum that we have now. This game is on the table.

Reaction Score
We are deff a much better team than we were back during the first game AND we almost beat them on their home court. We pretty much controlled game till the end. But on the other hand, we are only 7 deep.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Multiple outlets are saying that the game is at XL. Wonder why that is. Anyways I think that BA is the x factor. If he plays well we win this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom