Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It's funny....I think about what it would mean for football if they joined the ACC and my response is..."eh". Yeah... stability is nice...bowl tie ins are nice...money is much better...but I am really embracing the independent schedule concept. Yes...ACC is overall better for the program...but I don't mind being indie.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Kansas, welcome to the Big East.
Love it. Don’t think it happens. If Kansas is left on the vine - which could only happen after a P12 raid, then I think the P12 finds a way to add them too and they go for it.

As for the B1G, I just can’t see their response to the SEC grabbing TX and OK to be to grab a BB school in a small state regardless of its history. I would think they wait and try to spring UVA and a NC school in 2035.

Reaction Score
It's funny....I think about what it would mean for football if they joined the ACC and my response is..."eh". Yeah... stability is nice...bowl tie ins are nice...money is much better...but I am really embracing the independent schedule concept. Yes...ACC is overall better for the program...but I don't mind being indie.
It's the money.

Reaction Score
It's the money.

and developing conference rivals and trying to win a conference crown. Being in the ACC would be 10 times better than our current position. Look at our current home slate vs what we would have as a home slate in the ACC, obviously we would be much better off in the ACC. (recruiting, ticket sales, money, fan interest)

Reaction Score
and developing conference rivals and trying to win a conference crown. Being in the ACC would be 10 times better than our current position.
I love being in the NBE for basketball. I hate the ACC. But a bunch of the ACC teams you play are essentially other Big East schools.

The B10 won't happen, but that's the dream. Fewer immediate basketball rivalries, but some local schools and big money.

Reaction Score
Still think the B1G picking up UConn is a smart move to lock down the northeast. In fact, if they took UMass, the two would dominate recruiting and squeeze BC into irrelevance. The result would be capturing the money train from Portland to NYC . It would make fir a powerful regional trivalent with eyes.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Still think the B1G picking up UConn is a smart move to lock down the northeast. In fact, if they took UMass, the two would dominate recruiting and squeeze BC into irrelevance. The result would be capturing the money train from Portland to NYC . It would make fir a powerful regional trivalent with eyes.
UMass to the Big10 is up there with the guy proposing to trade UN-L for Iowa State.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
and developing conference rivals and trying to win a conference crown. Being in the ACC would be 10 times better than our current position. Look at our current home slate vs what we would have as a home slate in the ACC, obviously we would be much better off in the ACC. (recruiting, ticket sales, money, fan interest)
It's mostly the money though. The rest is gravy.

Reaction Score
They wouldn’t need UMass to do that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol... Squeeze BCU into irrelevance? Where have you been the last 20 years.

#trollbetter

Last edited:

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

In a streaming model, UMass is not a completely terrible idea. It has a huge alumni base in a major media market and it would wipe BCU out in Mass.

As I said on the CR board, NIL is a game changer in this too. In a world where a school athletic department can be successful if it is willing to cheat, having 2 schools from Alabama and 2 schools from Mississippi makes a lot of sense. In a world where every school can pay their players, the dynamics change quite a bit.

Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd will probably be the two highest paid female basketball players in the world over the next 3 years. I don't know what that means for realignment, but it is going to be important.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
In a streaming model, UMass is not a completely terrible idea. It has a huge alumni base in a major media market and it would wipe BCU out in Mass.

As I said on the CR board, NIL is a game changer in this too. In a world where a school athletic department can be successful if it is willing to cheat, having 2 schools from Alabama and 2 schools from Mississippi makes a lot of sense. In a world where every school can pay their players, the dynamics change quite a bit.

Paige Bueckers and Azzi Fudd will probably be the two highest paid female basketball players in the world over the next 3 years. I don't know what that means for realignment, but it is going to be important.
Nah, UMass is a completely terrible idea.

Reaction Score
Nah, UMass is a completely terrible idea.
For now, yes. They are way behind us, somehow.

The idea of UMass was laughed at before they won a hockey title. They are going to need a new football stadium.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Has anyone ever met an actual Umass fan?
I meet my first a few weeks ago. I feel like they are a bit like Dave Matthews fans; loathe to admit it until really pressed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom