Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Houston Chronicle exclusive: Texas, Oklahoma reach out to SEC about joining conference.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
They have one of the most decorated athletic departments in the country. If this move happens, the Big 12 remnants will become the biggest losers in CR.
After the dog and pony show they pulled 2 years ago, good.

I cant wait until they find out the value of the 2nd tier OK, 2nd tier Iowa, 2nd tier KS, WV, and Lubbock markets. Dallas is a good market, but TCU is in Ft. Worth and their brand is nil.

Reaction Score
If OU leaves, look for BIG to make a move for Kansas and maybe a partner. Ok St has to find a partner for PAC - Boise? Kansas? Kansas St? Texas Tech

Last edited:

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
They have one of the most decorated athletic departments in the country. If this move happens, the Big 12 remnants will become the biggest losers in CR.
Even worse off than us? No one lost as much up front as UConn. We are already $30+ million a year behind everyone else for almost 10 years!!

Reaction Score
If OU leaches, look for BIG to make a move for Kansas and maybe a partner. Ok St has to find a partner for PAC - Boise? Kansas? Kansas St? Texas Tech
No way Big 10 takes in Kansas
Nebraska has been a disaster
In a perfect world- bring in Iowa State and send Nebraska packing

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
No way Big 10 takes in Kansas
Nebraska has been a disaster
In a perfect world- bring in Iowa State and send Nebraska packing
Trade UNL for the #2 team in Iowa, and second Iowa team in the conference?

I knew once realignment started I had to prepare for bad takes. But this bad? This soon? It’s too much.

Reaction Score
If UT and OU bolt (far from certain), then an intact AAC would have more cachet and value than the orphaned little sisters of a fractured Big XII. A couple of Big XII schools may accept invitations to the AAC, but I find it hard to believe that any AAC school would opt for a seat in the orphanage.

Reaction Score
Even worse off than us? No one lost as much up front as UConn. We are already $30+ million a year behind everyone else for almost 10 years!!
Kansas couldn't even go independent in football!

Reaction Score
B12 will backfill with Houston and Memphis.

and Cincy and UCF. Hopefully they would also have interest in adding Boise and UCONN (football only) to expand their reach. They wouldn't have to pay UCONN that much, we'd probably jump at it for 5 million a year.

Reaction Score
All Maryland had to contest was a $50 mill Exit Fee and they did pay 3/5 of that....A Long term contract with 15 years remaining would be a very, very, very large sum....and the GOR as well.

The ACC would own media rights to Irish basketball and minor sports...even if the football program paid a gazillion to break their contract.
A deal will be made. ND will sue claiming the ACC violated some contract provision or other thus voiding the deal. They will ultimately work out a payment. And remember, ND basketball is not even close to the top 5 most valuable property in the ACC.

Reaction Score
Trade UNL for the #2 team in Iowa, and second Iowa team in the conference?

I knew once realignment started I had to prepare for bad takes. But this bad? This soon? It’s too much.
Both Hawkeyes and Iowa State put better football teams on the field than Nebraska since they joined the Big 10

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score

Edit: I've heard from a couple Texas fans that this is not a very reliable source so take it with significant amounts of salt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now maybe people can stop acting like expansion for the Big Ten and ACC is over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom