Hot Sauce | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hot Sauce

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
There's this company based out of Portsmouth New Hampshire called Philbur's. Best hot sauce I've had. Never tasted anything like it.
Just ordered their #10 and #14 varieties. Can't wait to try them.

There used to be a CT based company, maybe in Milford but that could be wrong, that made fantastic hot sauce that was aged on oak barrels. Best stuff ever. Too bad they dissapeared.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
@Travelman32 I've been sitting on some dried arbol peppers at home and was planning to make them into a hot sauce. Any recipes or recommendations?
A little OT, but we've been using dried arbol peppers in a Cooks Illustrated Kung Pao chichen recipe, and it's pretty fantastic. Better then any I've had in restaurants. Pretty damn spicy.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Not mine. My friend makes his own hot sauce and it’s very good

B6B4CF25-D8E0-4D96-AB3B-735FE03A9DC7.jpeg

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Just ordered their #10 and #14 varieties. Can't wait to try them.

There used to be a CT based company, maybe in Milford but that could be wrong, that made fantastic hot sauce that was aged on oak barrels. Best stuff ever. Too bad they dissapeared.
I like the 10. 14 is real hot. Let me know what you think. Philburs is family owned and every bottle is bottled by hand.

Reaction Score
For those of you doing the twitter/UConn hot sauce thing, here’s my old man moment - I love the idea and the cause, but please be careful. Drinking shots of hot sauce with a super high scoville (spelling?) rating can put you in the hospital.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For those of you doing the twitter/UConn hot sauce thing, here’s my old man moment - I love the idea and the cause, but please be careful. Drinking shots of hot sauce with a super high scoville (spelling?) rating can put you in the hospital.
Like he said, he's a old man. Don't be a wussy, go for it!

Reaction Score
1. Franks Red Hot which i can put on almost anything.
2. Sriracha for only asian food.
3. Nandos Peri Peri (Medium, Garlic, Hot, Lemon & Herb) on almost anything
4. Hot Ones Los Calientes - might be my favorite hot sauce ever
5. Tapatio
6. El Yucateco
7. Cholula
8. Yellowbird Serrano

In no specific order. Usually decide based on whatever i'm feeling that day what i'm eating.
Yellow bird makes some awesome stuff. Their habanero sauce is great if you have a high heat tolerance.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Realizing that my bubble consists of UConn, Boston area Sports and the Washington Football Club, C-list comic/celebrities, as well as some state, local, and national reporters of the P-word that we cannot discuss until further notice (ends in -olitics), but I was wondering this morning how this has not gone national. At the very least, viral at the local level.

Well? It has.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There's this company based out of Portsmouth New Hampshire called Philbur's. Best hot sauce I've had. Never tasted anything like it.
By far the best hot sauce I've ever had. Free shipping on all orders too. I'd recommend trying the No. 14 hot sauce, the No. 10 is amazing too.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Ordered this on Tues. directly from Philbur's. Already arrived, and I opened the #10. It's a winner. Super fresh tasting, nice heat! Thanks for the tip!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Okay boomer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Ordered this on Tues. directly from Philbur's. Already arrived, and I opened the #10. It's a winner. Super fresh tasting, nice heat! Thanks for the tip!
I will log in tomorrow and check them out.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I will log in tomorrow and check them out.
It's interesting because it's sort of chunky. It's almost like something between a traditional commercial hot sauce and a super concentrated, spicy salsa. Devoured a bunch of it with smoked pork loin last night. Yummy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom