Hoping by week's end... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hoping by week's end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If all three truly have been performing at similar levels, the biggest wildcard for Diaco is Whitmer's history of concussions.

If Disco plans on playing Whitmer, he absolutely must have a plan for the next QB being ready to go on a moments notice.

Another f-ed up leftover from the previous bastards.

Reaction Score
Based on 07's post it looks like we'll know in 1 week (next Monday). Personally, I'd rather he not announce the starter until gameday. As long as the team knows, I'm good with that. Why tip your hand if you don't have to?
That's how I'd prefer it.

We don't need to know who is starting. It won't affect whether or not we show up for the game. I'd announce that the decision has been made, the team has been notified, and not to bother asking because I'm not releasing that information until game day.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Give it 7 more days...

Matt Schonvisky @MattSchonvisky · 2h
Diaco has reinforced QB battle will be settled by Monday #UCONN

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
That's how I'd prefer it.

We don't need to know who is starting. It won't affect whether or not we show up for the game. I'd announce that the decision has been made, the team has been notified, and not to bother asking because I'm not releasing that information until game day.

'It won't affect whether or not we show up for the game.'

Are you sure?? LOL!!!
Talking players or fans!?!?!?!?
:)

Reaction Score
Just curious, but did HCBD ever say why the media would only be allowed to see the first 30 mins. of practice this pre-season? Even though it is only the sportswriters opinion that would be available, it would still give fans a little better perspective of what kind of progress the players are making. IMHO.

Reaction Score
If everything is equal like Diaco claims then go with the guy who has proven he can get it done under game conditions against a real pass rush. Only one guy last year attacked the blitz the other two collapsed against the blitz.
this

Reaction Score
Reading between the lines it sounds like the plan is to hand the ball off a lot.
Actually, I wouldn't mind that one bit, as long as it's effective and sets up the play action...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Has a depth chart been posted? I keep seeing references to it but can't find one on uconnhuskies.com
I remember seeing one. It has all three listed as "OR"

Reaction Score
I know the general opinion of Whitmer on this board is pretty positive, but I'll just say I'm going to be very disappointed if he's given the starting job again to start the season.

Reaction Score
I'll always remember Whitmer as the kid who had to run for his life every damn time he dropped back to pass. I'll especially remember the Louisville game on the road in 2012. He handed the ball off to McCombs and faked a bootleg. McCombs was tackled for a 2-3 yard loss and Whitmer was crushed on the fake.

Next series we run the same play, but he holds onto the ball for a play action pass. Same exact result. I was in the stands steaming mad at the play call. Nothing about the play worked the first time, and they went back to it, immediately. Whitmer would eventually get injured and was replaced by McEntee. Shocking. That staff kept putting him in situations where he was going to get crushed. He was never once comfortable in the backfield. Maybe he held onto the ball too long once in a while. Usually, he was sacked literally within 1.5 seconds.

I'll never hold his performances against him. He was constantly in fear for his life and the multiple concussions are just evidence that he literally had no shot at becoming a competent QB under the former regime. He has a legitimate case for punitive damages when you consider the money we still had to pay Coach P, and the damage that man did to Whitmer's health.

Reaction Score
I'll always remember Whitmer as the kid who had to run for his life every damn time he dropped back to pass. I'll especially remember the Louisville game on the road in 2012. He handed the ball off to McCombs and faked a bootleg. McCombs was tackled for a 2-3 yard loss and Whitmer was crushed on the fake.

Next series we run the same play, but he holds onto the ball for a play action pass. Same exact result. I was in the stands steaming mad at the play call. Nothing about the play worked the first time, and they went back to it, immediately. Whitmer would eventually get injured and was replaced by McEntee. Shocking. That staff kept putting him in situations where he was going to get crushed. He was never once comfortable in the backfield. Maybe he held onto the ball too long once in a while. Usually, he was sacked literally within 1.5 seconds.

I'll never hold his performances against him. He was constantly in fear for his life and the multiple concussions are just evidence that he literally had no shot at becoming a competent QB under the former regime. He has a legitimate case for punitive damages when you consider the money we still had to pay Coach P, and the damage that man did to Whitmer's health.

And you haven't even mentioned the most egregious of PGDL decisions. Splitting Whitmer out wide on a trick play in the last home game against Cincy. Whitmer got hit so hard he couldn't stand on the sideline. This was after his series of concussions. It was after that play, I thought to myself, don't even let P or GDL in the damn locker room to address the team. I was infuriated.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
And you haven't even mentioned the most egregious of PGDL decisions. Splitting Whitmer out wide on a trick play in the last home game against Cincy. Whitmer got hit so hard he couldn't stand on the sideline. This was after his series of concussions. It was after that play, I thought to myself, don't even let P or GDL in the damn locker room to address the team. I was infuriated.
Here's what slayed me about that play. Whitmer lined up at Wide out RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CINCY BENCH!!! Normally, a competent play caller would try hiding the QB whose not playing QB in front of his own sideline so at least there is a half chance he'll blend with the like uniforms. On the bright side (so to speak), that was the only "Wildcat" play of the former regime that even remotely resembled a Wildcat formation.

It happened right in front of me. Whitmer was absolutely paved on that play.

Reaction Score
Don't automatically assume I'm complaining.
Lighten up bro... just point out my point of view... that's all.. we're all in this together as Husky fans, no?

Reaction Score

I forgot about that. Warde should have fired him right after that game. Just an unconscionable lack of judgement.

Reaction Score

I totally agree with this post. If whitmer was my son,I would have gone on the field and punched PP in. The mouth and dragged Whitmer off the field". I cannot tell you how strongly I fee l about what they did to Whitmer. The kid has guts.

Reaction Score
That play call boarded on the criminal. He should have been fired before entering the tunnel that day. I remember screaming obscenities from the moment Whit split out wide until about 5 minutes after the play was over. I knew he had no honor after that game. No man with honor lets that play happen under those circumstances.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

The best part about this trick play is that Dumb & Dumber put it on film at the end of blowout win against friggin' UMASS. The Bearcat D ran the play along side our offense that night.

God, I am so excited to get this season started with proper coaching.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The QB having respect and the control of the huddle is huge. You can bet Geremy Davis being one of the team captains will be asked by the staff for his opinions.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
"I will boycott the BYU game if insert QB here isn't named starter." - someone on the boneyard probably

I will boycott the BYU game is BoatShow isn't named starter.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I totally agree with this post. If whitmer was my son,I would have gone on the field and punched PP in. The mouth and dragged Whitmer off the field". I cannot tell you how strongly I fee l about what they did to Whitmer. The kid has guts.

Don't laugh but I know the mother of one of our former players (not CW) who wanted to do exactly that (actually to GDL bit if P got in the way should would have slugged him as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom