Hoopgurlz Updated Rankings! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Hoopgurlz Updated Rankings!

Reaction Score
The ratings are singular data points and yes somewhat subjective. Over the past few years it is not that unusual to see players make a similar drop (or jump) that Kylee Watson has made between her freshmen and Junior years. In 2017 it was Kasiyahna Kushkituah who went from being top 10 all the way down to #57 in Hoopgurlz. In the 2018 class Valencia Myers went from being USA basketball caliber top 20 in Hoopgurlz down to #63.
It is also very important, @HuskyNan has made this point repeatedly from her experience, that you understand the philosophies that is used by the different services. Simple example: some services rate based on current level of competition or how a player performs against HS competition. Other services project how a player will perform at the next level against college competition.
A 5'11" HS PF that is dominating the competition would be ranked higher by the first service while a 6'2" PF in the same conference that is less dominant would be ranked higher by the second service.

it seems to me that the real skill comes with the projection at the college level part...........there's high school dominance and then there's DI dominance and often something gets lost in the transition........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Damn! I would have paid money to be at this event looks like Leilani Kapinus got the best of Paige. Is there a Paige highlight reel from the same event?

Reaction Score
Damn! I would have paid money to be at this event looks like Leilani Kapinus got the best of Paige. Is there a Paige highlight reel from the same event?

note sure just ran into it on Hansen's twitter

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
note sure just ran into it on Hansen's twitter
Alright I'll start (continue?) the hype machine for Leilani Kapinus! Best defensive footwork I have seen since Kelly Faris, Gabby Williams type hops, unique as a BIG power combo guard.

Reaction Score
Alright I'll start (continue?) the hype machine for Leilani Kapinus! Best defensive footwork I have seen since Kelly Faris, Gabby Williams type hops, unique as a BIG power combo guard.

but can she shoot from the outside? Haven't seen enough to know for sure........

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom