Hoopgurlz Updated Rankings! | The Boneyard

Hoopgurlz Updated Rankings!

Reaction Score
All the UConn targets over the next few years are on the move....Griffin moving up. Paige B takes over the 1 spot in her class while Fudd and Debarry are 1-2 in their class.

Reaction Score
Could someone fill me in on whom we are recruiting for 2019, who's been offered by UConn, and what might be the chances? Sorry, but just can't sift through the thousands of comments on the one recruiting page.

Would appreciate it.

Haley Jones? That's a new name to me. Sorry for being out of it, so to speak. Chances?

Zia Cooke? On our radar? Yes? No?

Again, sorry for not being up to speed.

Reaction Score
And six bigs- really bigs!- in the first 13 for 2020. Any superstar candidates from that group?

Seems as though Hoopgurlz really favors centers and forwards, kids with height, over guards compared with Prospects Nation. And I think Hoopgurlz is usually right to do so.

Camilla Cardoso from Tennessee? 6'6"?
Cameron Brink from the far reaches of Oregon?
Natalija Marshall from almost right across the road in Noo Yawk!?

Will that recruiting class be the one in which Coach Geno actually recruits more than one great big?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Q: Haley Jones?
A: She is legit UCONN is in the hunt.
Q: Chances? As Good or better than anyone else with the exception of possibly Stanford (academics and Georography).

Q: Zia Cooke? On our radar?
A: No Longer on UCONN Radar as of April 2018
Don't forget about Boston UCONN in the hunt and might be favored because of geography.
Horston also in the mix and will visit UCONN later this month-Her last official visit.
Aubrey Griffin also offered by UCONN in July

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And six bigs- really bigs!- in the first 13 for 2020. Any superstar candidates from that group?

Seems as though Hoopgurlz really favors centers and forwards, kids with height, over guards compared with Prospects Nation. And I think Hoopgurlz is usually right to do so.

Q: Camilla Cardoso from Tennessee? 6'6"?
A: Not on UCONN radar.
Q: Cameron Brink from the far reaches of Oregon?
A: On UCONN radar and has made an unofficial visit to UCONN.
Q: Natalija Marshall from almost right across the road in Noo Yawk!?
A: On UCONN radar but though to be a ND lean.
C: Don't forget about Gusters might be best big in this class would be a major effort to pull her from texas though.

Q: Will that recruiting class be the one in which Coach Geno actually recruits more than one great big?
A: Not likely. The G/PGs in this class are uber talented UCONN in on Van Lith, Bueckers, Clark,.Andrews Don't see this class being more that 1 big and 2 guards.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Long long over due. @donalddoowop quite a jump by your girl Blackwell from 22 all the way up to number 8. Aubrey Griffin also an impressive jump from 55 up to 33 .
Thanks for the update. This means that if UConn gets a commitment from Griffin they will be getting another top 50 player. Good. It also means that just because a recruit is ranked in the top 10 she is not necessarily right for UConn.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Could someone fill me in on whom we are recruiting for 2019, who's been offered by UConn, and what might be the chances? Sorry, but just can't sift through the thousands of comments on the one recruiting page.

Would appreciate it.

Haley Jones? That's a new name to me. Sorry for being out of it, so to speak. Chances?

Zia Cooke? On our radar? Yes? No?

Again, sorry for not being up to speed.
I, too, wonder who is being actively recruited or are the possibilities kept secret? Looking at ESPN HOOPGURLZ (even though I dislike anything ESPN) for 2019, I don't see where anyone is a commit, but many other top schools do. Kinda scary...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks for the update. This means that if UConn gets a commitment from Griffin they will be getting another top 50 player. Good. It also means that just because a recruit is ranked in the top 10 she is not necessarily right for UConn.
I think we should take this post especially the last sentence and stick it on a banner at the top of the UCONN recruiting page. I have struggled mightily to get this point across to many posters. The struggle is real.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn with noted interest in or scholarship offers for....

2019 = 1) Haley Jones, 2) Jordan Horston, 3) Aliyah Boston, 33) Aubrey Griffin

2020 = 1) Paige Bueckers, 2) Cameron Brink, 3) Hailey Van Lith, 6) Sarah Andrews 7) Hannah Gusters, 12) Natalija Marshall

2021) = 1) Azzi Fudd, 2) Amari DeBerry, 3) Olivia Miles, 8) Brooke Demetre? 22) Jillian Hollingshead

I believe Hollingshead will shoot up theses rankings later.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Olsen added a 2022 watchlist as well.

Some names to keep an eye on:

Janiah Barker, Isuneh Brady, Timea Gardiner, Camille Jackson

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Leilani Kapinus, 5-10 guard from Wisconsin, debuts in the 2020 rankings at #9 and apparently has received some interest from UConn.

Kapinus runs track -- she competes in the high jump -- but she's a basketball player at her core. She has scholarship offers from numerous colleges, including Minnesota, Michigan State, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, LSU, Indiana, Arizona State, Arizona, Ohio State and Louisville.

Nic Levy, her AAU coach with the Wisconsin Flight Elite, said Connecticut has called about her as well.

College coaches love her raw athleticism -- she can grab the rim with one hand, and she has a goal to be the first sub-6-foot female player to dunk in a game -- and her intangibles are off the charts.

James Madison Memorial star Leilani Kapinus makes late push up espnW HoopGurlz recruiting class rankings

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Great tidbit at the end of that Olsen Article and a new name Leilani Kapinus. Plenty of youtube video out there and I have no idea if UCONN is even interested but for her to "debut" at #9 means that 6 of the top 10 in 2020 class are PGs.

Sounds as though she might be UConn material:

Levy and Flowers see Kapinus as a wing in college. But Kapinus prefers point guard because she likes to distribute the ball to her teammates.

Defense seems to come naturally to her, but her offense is developing quickly.

"She was the heart and soul of our team this year," Levy said. "She is a freakish rebounder, just rips them down. She plays wing for us, but when she gets a rebound, she goes. That's where she thrives."

Flowers has given Kapinus man-to-man defensive assignments that range from an extremely quick 5-foot-2 point guard to a 6-foot-2 post such as Wisconsin-Green Bay recruit Julia Hartwig of Janesville Parker.

"Leilani's close-out speed is remarkable, and it catches people by surprise," Flowers said. "Defensively, she's a game-wrecker."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am not surprised about Haley, Jordan, and Aliyah. Sam may still be a little too high, though she is a good player.

A nickname for the #1 player comes from Jimi:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
"On offense, Fudd is automatic. She has the best pull-up jumper of anybody in any high school class. She also has contagious enthusiasm and is a blossoming superstar."
3 more seasons of HS ball for Fudd is almost unfair. Thank goodness for EYBL, USA basketball & Steph Curry Camp because that's the only place she going to get a good run in until she gets to UCONN.

Reaction Score
I think we should take this post especially the last sentence and stick it on a banner at the top of the UCONN recruiting page. I have struggled mightily to get this point across to many posters. The struggle is real.

I agree! RESPECTFULLY !However, regardless of fans idea's or desires the Dynamic Quartet at Uconn will try desperately, and not always be successful, to select only Uconn type kids.
The struggle may be real for fans I doubt Geno is moved very far by MY wants in players.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
3 more seasons of HS ball for Fudd is almost unfair. Thank goodness for EYBL, USA basketball & Steph Curry Camp because that's the only place she going to get a good run in until she gets to UCONN.

I think the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference is pretty strong. There is at least one strong team in Paul VI. I don't know who Paul VI has this year besides Ashley Owusu but they are usually a team filled with power-5 level players. So at least occasionally she'll be challenged in HS.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the Washington Catholic Athletic Conference is pretty strong. There is at least one strong team in Paul VI. I don't know who Paul VI has this year besides Ashley Owusu but they are usually a team filled with power-5 level players. So at least occasionally she'll be challenged in HS.
Yeah, Paul VI has lost 3 Division I players the past 2 years, but they will find some talent somewhere. They scrimmaged Monacan in Megan's senior year and played them about even.

When I saw Fudd last year, some of the fans had NO idea who she was and were astounded that one of the best players in the nation was only a freshman.

Reaction Score
Nurse was in the 30s and see how that worked out....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom