Holy Maryland > B1G is a B1G Mess | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Holy Maryland > B1G is a B1G Mess

Reaction Score
My guess is Durkin will be followed pretty quickly by the AD and Loh. Wasn’t he involved in some other scandal before Maryland? Seems like a familiar name.

Reaction Score
My guess is Durkin will be followed pretty quickly by the AD and Loh. Wasn’t he involved in some other scandal before Maryland? Seems like a familiar name.
Could be or maybe not, yet who is "he" in your message?

Reaction Score

>>”Earlier today, the Board of Regents was fully briefed by UMCP President Wallace Loh about the circumstances of Mr. McNair’s tragic death, about the actions that have been taken since, and finally about the alarming allegations that have emerged in the last week related to the football program,” Brady continued. “After a long and robust discussion, the board voted unanimously to assume responsibility for the investigations into these two separate issues. Our goal is to ensure that all system universities, including UMCP, are actively working to protect the health and safety of every student and to foster a supportive culture in which everyone can flourish.”<<

Reaction Score

>>”Earlier today, the Board of Regents was fully briefed by UMCP President Wallace Loh about the circumstances of Mr. McNair’s tragic death, about the actions that have been taken since, and finally about the alarming allegations that have emerged in the last week related to the football program,” Brady continued. “After a long and robust discussion, the board voted unanimously to assume responsibility for the investigations into these two separate issues. Our goal is to ensure that all system universities, including UMCP, are actively working to protect the health and safety of every student and to foster a supportive culture in which everyone can flourish.”<<

It’s simply amazing to have taken so long to get the needed attention

Reaction Score
FWIW - I saw the original tweets earlier and rolled past them because I had no idea if this local reporter has a history of reliability. Guess we’ll find out soon enough.

UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND - CollegeAD

>>Chick Hernandez reports that following Friday’s meeting, regents exited the meeting “believing school president Dr. Wallace Loh, AD Damon Evans, head coach DJ Durkin should all be relieved of their positions.” Hernandez reports that the announcements could come in the next two week. Additionally, Hernandez has reported that souces have told him the board of regents plans to reach out to former Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams about serving as Maryland’s interim AD.<<

Would be an epic gutting...

Reaction Score
If UM President Loh goes (and he should) don’t be shocked if SH is approached.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LOL I thought the great Susan Herbst was going back to her teaching roots.

Going to teach a class on Poly Sci where the lesson is Randy Edsall can get simple things done that she couldn’t.

Reaction Score

Let’s see if she can bankrupt Maryland too. Would be a career defining achievement if she could pull that off with the B1G money coming in.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL I thought the great Susan Herbst was going back to her teaching roots.

Going to teach a class on Poly Sci where the lesson is Randy Edsall can get simple things done that she couldn’t.
Don't worry Whaler there's no way she'll be asked, she's like the worst university president evah... am I right?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
SH going there would be a laugh but UMaryland seems to always be a crap show so why not let one run it

Reaction Score
Don't worry Whaler there's no way she'll be asked, she's like the worst university president evah... am I right?

So by that logic Warde Manuel did a bang up job here cuz he got hired by Michigan?

Reaction Score
Apparently Michigan thought so.

The man gave us Bob Diaco.

College administrators are in general fairly clueless. Herbst dialed up a huge tab and is getting out before her chickens come to roost.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The man gave us Bob Diaco.

College administrators are in general fairly clueless. Herbst dialed up a huge tab and is getting out before her chickens come to roost.
Yep, and so did Nebraska but as I've said before on the board, the vast majority of the board would have hired him. His insanity likely came across as eccentric goofy enthusiasm and the guy just won a Broyles Award. Diaco in small doses seems normal.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Maybe they have unlimited money to burn forever. In that case she’d be good for them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Stories like this are why I don't have much college football fandom left in me. I like football in principle, but the sport literally kills and maims its players on a regular basis.

Reaction Score
WaPo: As Maryland AD, Anderson used school funds to defend football players in sex assault case

>>The school began investigating a sexual assault allegation involving two football players in June 2017, according to three people familiar with situation. Not only did the athletics department help finance their legal defense, but Anderson was not always cooperative and forthcoming with the investigation conducted by the school’s Title IX office, according to two people familiar with the situation. Title IX is the federal law that prohibits sex discrimination in schools that receive federal funding.<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom