Holy Maryland > B1G is a B1G Mess | The Boneyard

Holy Maryland > B1G is a B1G Mess

Reaction Score
ESPN with an article that suggests big issues at the dream school.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah they are all getting blown out - Edsall to the rescue.

For the Big Ten fellators - is there a school in the league that isn’t a cesspool.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Wow, I think the line can be a little fuzzy in these situations, but they went well passed the fuzzy.

Reaction Score
Wow, they killed a 19 year and then continue with the season as if nothing happened. Just like Notre Dame. This culture has gotten completely out of hand. I hope Maryland gets sued and has to pay every penny of revenue for the next 50 years.

Reaction Score
Big time athletics is so dirty that Parke Davis' retroactive championships shouldn't even count.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The first half of the article reads like a hit piece but as I kept reading and they got into detail it started to seem more and more real

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
The real tragedy here is it all could have been avoided if anybody on the Maryland staff had half a brain.

My HS in CT, with far less resources available to them than almost any collegiate program, went to great lengths to assure that none of the players got dehydrated during football practices. That the same thing doesn't always happen at all other levels is a national disgrace.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Holy crap. Negligent homicide? Probably not, but man this sounds bad. Even the independent investigation sounds shady.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Holy crap. Negligent homicide? Probably not, but man this sounds bad. Even the independent investigation sounds shady.
This one is a close call. I think some DAs would give it a look.

Reaction Score
The ESPN Article on Durkin and his staff was very eye opening. The way that they used food and physical training as forms of both reward and punishment are really sad. The macho head games and outright bullying of young adult men is completely uncalled for in this or any era. It is pretty clear to me that the outrageous behavior of the S&C Coach is not only known but condoned by the HC. Clearly this guy is Durkin's Goon. He allows him to keep his hands clean. Not so sure he'll be able to do that this time...

Reaction Score
The inside story of a toxic culture at Maryland football

• There is a coaching environment based on fear and intimidation. In one example, a player holding a meal while in a meeting had the meal slapped out of his hands in front of the team. At other times, small weights and other objects were thrown in the direction of players when Court was angry.
  • The belittling, humiliation and embarrassment of players is common. In one example, a player whom coaches wanted to lose weight was forced to eat candy bars as he was made to watch teammates working out.
  • Extreme verbal abuse of players occurs often. Players are routinely the targets of obscenity-laced epithets meant to mock their masculinity when they are unable to complete a workout or weight lift, for example. One player was belittled verbally after passing out during a drill.
  • Coaches have endorsed unhealthy eating habits and used food punitively; for example, a player said he was forced to overeat or eat to the point of vomiting.

Reaction Score
Yeah they are all getting blown out - Edsall to the rescue.

For the Big Ten fellators - is there a school in the league that isn’t a cesspool.

I’m counting on northwestern and maybe Purdue.

I hate to say this but you can almost understand tOSU selling it’s soul for a natl championship, but rutty and now Maryland - they don’t even lose well.

Reaction Score

>>Some members of the sprawling Terps community defended the program in the wake of the critical reports. Barry Gossett, the prominent booster whose name appears on the team’s football facility, is close to the program and said he’s hopeful fans and alumni don’t jump to conclusions, adding, “That’s not the DJ that I know that does things like that.”

“From a donor standpoint, I kind of stand behind DJ and his program and what he has been doing,” Gossett said in an interview Saturday. “I’m sure there have been instances where the kids have benefited from his tutelage, as well as the other coaches. On the other hand, there’s probably a couple that are disenchanted with any kind of rules and regulations where they have to do something that doesn’t fit their modus operandi, so to speak, as individual players.”<<

Reaction Score
The ESPN Article on Durkin and his staff was very eye opening. The way that they used food and physical training as forms of both reward and punishment are really sad. The macho head games and outright bullying of young adult men is completely uncalled for in this or any era. It is pretty clear to me that the outrageous behavior of the S&C Coach is not only known but condoned by the HC. Clearly this guy is Durkin's Goon. He allows him to keep his hands clean. Not so sure he'll be able to do that this time...
Using food punitively is abhorrent. Not to mention completely counter productive

Reaction Score
Court replaced former UConn football S&C coach Matt Balis at Miss St when he came to Storrs. They seem to be from the same tree..Balis was a S&C coach for Meyer at UF before heading with Mullin to Miss st.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom