Holly Warlick - She's Gone | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Holly Warlick - She's Gone

Reaction Score
Tony C .... Lord they didn't wait till the tourney was over.... who will it be. .... .Jeff.....CP.Kara.Gail ... you could go on and on..there is a ton of qualified.....but who ever it is must challenge for the SEC title in the third season.....

According to the Lady Vol message board, it is between Waltz and Ivey. Most of the Lady Vol fans on their message board seem to want Waltz since he has head coaching experience.

Reaction Score
If you believe the rumors it sounds like Jeff Walz will be the Lady Vols next coach and it is pretty much a done deal. I don't think they would be wasting his time if they weren't willing to pay him the $$$.

Reaction Score
does anyone think Jeff W would REALLY leave LVille if he goes there it would tell me Tennessee has more skin in WCBB game than i thought.... do not expect it to happen

Reaction Score
Tbh Holly knew she was on the hottest of seats last year, why not make those changes after the season ended then? What was one more year going to accomplish next year? Thought she fixed the problem last year when Te'a, Diamond, Middleton, and Hayes left or when she parted with Elzy and Law. Holly wanted one more year to slap a band aid on a wound that needed stitches. Sounds like she was too prideful to walk away. As for her not addressing the team that's super strange.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
One, whose name will not be mentioned, tweets that Wes Moore will be the next Tenn coach.

He doesn't seem to get much press, but he's done an excellent job at NC State. That would be a very solid choice IMO.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
According to the Lady Vol message board, it is between Waltz and Ivey. Most of the Lady Vol fans on their message board seem to want Waltz since he has head coaching experience.
Some folks want a female coach. Losing Niele would really hurt N.D. recruiting, I believe.

I would think that Niele would be far less expensive.

Reaction Score
Who really thinks TENN would be a better choice for Walz? The only reason could be $$$$$$$$$$$ but I don't see it. Leave a program you built for that train wreck of a program.

Reaction Score
Well, that explains a lot. Shows that she wasn't connected with reality. Apparently she refused to admit that she was out, and to negotiate a graceful exit.

Explains a lot.

What are you talking about?

Why should she make it easy for them to fire her? Who would do that?

Reaction Score
does anyone think Jeff W would REALLY leave LVille if he goes there it would tell me Tennessee has more skin in WCBB game than i thought.... do not expect it to happen
I read here on the board from ND posters that Ivey did not want to leave South Bend until after her son graduates high school. He’s in his junior year of high school and being recruited for basketball as well. But I could be wrong

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Kind of a snarky thing to say. He might have smiled, but just suggests that he can't come clean about his own future and what he might do to his own Louisville program.

Not classy.

"He's the dark horse," Walz said. "He'd look good in orange, there's no doubt in my mind."

Or perhaps Jeff Walz was just playing/joking with Geno Auriemma, the way Geno Auriemma does with other coaches/opponents, ahead of a big matchup.

There is the same likelihood of Geno Auriemma taking the Tennessee WBB job as there is Duke's Coach K taking the UNC MBB job.

Reaction Score
I think he would be behind Vic, but not behind Dawn or Gary.

A fair assessment...although our Gamecock friends may feel differently.

Darn right.

There's an argument, but Dawn started from a weaker place at South Carolina in a stronger league, and has one less Final Four and one more National Title in less seasons.

I get that South Carolina's offense hasn't always been appetizing, but beyond the one season where we won the title, we've always had big holes.

But not going to fight about it. He seems to be very good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom