OT: - Holly Warlick has competition for clueless coach at UTenn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Holly Warlick has competition for clueless coach at UTenn

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Florida St. beats UCLA 3-1 to force another game between the two.

I heard them say either Oklahoma or Florida has been in the Championship series for the last 7 years. Bravo to some new blood this year. I'm of course pulling for UCLA because I'm a Pac 12 homer but FSU has never reached the finals so that would be cool for them if they beat UCLA again.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Florida St. is rocking UCLA in the 2nd inning of game 2. Scored 4 in the inning already, 2 home runs, only 1 out. UCLA pulled the starting pitcher, put her back in 3 batters later, then pulled her again. The Bruins are falling apart.

Reaction Score
Florida St. is rocking UCLA in the 2nd inning of game 2. Scored 4 in the inning already, 2 home runs, only 1 out. UCLA pulled the starting pitcher, put her back in 3 batters later, then pulled her again. The Bruins are falling apart.

really surprising.....I think UCLA's reliance on just one pitcher in the series has backfired..........she's just burnt out ..........still have to give credit to Florida State..........they may have the mojo going for them Monday night but Washington has that excellent pitching......should be a close one..........

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
FSU is staying ahead so far (after 4), but they need to start having some shutdown innings if they are to win. No matter their lead, their previous meltdown and subsequent comeback by UCLA is going to be in the back of their minds.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Hey now, any conspiracy theories should apply to the SEC and not the Pac 12. I think their entire conference hosted a Regional. It's pretty hard to argue that Oregon, UCLA and UW weren't among the top 8 teams in the country. Maybe ASU is debatable, but the Pac 12 teams have been proving it at the CWS.

I unfortunately missed today's game but UW eliminated Oklahoma. Beat them twice, shut outs both times. UW has allowed a total of 2 runs in 3 games. Has nothing to do w/ seeding and everything to do w/ playing really well at the end of the season.
I understand what you're saying and I hadn't realized how good of a season UW had when I posted earlier. I was only aware, due to broadcast team, that they were 0-6 against Oregon and UCLA during the regular season. I thought that alone should keep them outside the top 8 but I must admit that I was wrong.
But if they make it, I would root for the Seminoles in the Championship Series, otherwise UW.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kudos to Florida St. for winning 4 elimination games in a row, not an easy task. The last game they jumped all over UCLA early and just kept getting hits and scoring runs. They left no doubt.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I understand what you're saying and I hadn't realized how good of a season UW had when I posted earlier. I was only aware, due to broadcast team, that they were 0-6 against Oregon and UCLA during the regular season. I thought that alone should keep them outside the top 8 but I must admit that I was wrong.

It's a little hard to figure out how to analyze their season based on that. Those 6 losses were consecutive. They were I think 41-2 prior to that and appeared to go into a funk during that stretch. They were ranked #1 for I believe 9 weeks.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Tonight they said that UW was 49-0 at one point, No. 1 in the polls and then lost those 6 in a row, and were 2-2 against ASU. I guess their regular season record ended up being 52-8, pretty good and deserving of their seeding.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Got a pitchers duel going on. Both have gotten out of a jam. FSU had a runner on 3rd w/ no outs but didn't score. UW had bases loaded w/ 1 out and also didn't score.

edited--top of the 4th inning currently

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tonight they said that UW was 49-0 at one point

I don't think they were 49-0, that was maybe their record against everybody other than UCLA, Oregon and ASU.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UW's catcher can't make the throw to 2nd. She's only picked off two runners in 25+ attempts and FSU has stolen 2nd twice already today.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I don't think they were 49-0, that was maybe their record against everybody other than UCLA, Oregon and ASU.
I believe you're right about them not being 49-0 as I was perusing the Boneyard at the time, so I was wrong. Also, I believe that they played ASU before playing UCLA/Oregon so they were not undefeated. Maybe they just said that they were No.1 before the 6 game stretch.

Yes, so far a pitchers duel with each one escaping scoring threats.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She got out of it, but Plain really struggled in the 4th inning. Not looking so good on the hill. Walked the bases loaded I think.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I also like how King is quick pitching (or trying to). I really dislike how some batters leave the batter's box, perform their little ritual and then put their back arm up, requesting time out, as they settle back into the box. As Jessica said, once the second foot hits the dirt, play ball (regardless of the batter's arm position).

Even more so when the batter has a .228 BA!!!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
FSU just got a solo HR. They've stranded a bunch of base runners. 1-0 in the top of the 6th. UW has squandered a few scoring opportunities as well.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
OK, this is starting to bug me how the FSU batters start trotting down to 1st base on what they think is ball 4 before the umpire makes a call. One batter just did it 2 pitches in a row and ump called strikes. I gotta think the ump does not appreciate that at all.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another bad throw from UW catcher, FSU has stolen 2nd 3 times now.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Wow, Sis Bates w/ an awesome double play! Caught a pop up over her head well into left field and then nailed the runner at 2nd before she could tag up.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Yesterday FSU couldn't get a shutdown inning, wondering what today will bring????

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
FSU strands another runner in scoring position, take a 1-0 lead into bottom of the 7th. 3 outs away from winning game 1.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
FSU strands another runner in scoring position, take a 1-0 lead into bottom of the 7th. 3 outs away from winning game 1.
Great game if you prefer a pitcher's duel. My nerves can't take it very well when 2 swings can result in a walk off win.
Personally I like a slugfest.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Popped up a bunt and doubled up the runner on first, 2 down. That hurts.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Took a wrong turn on an infield single and almost got picked off. Wow, what was she thinking?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Game over. Great performance by King on the hill. That DP on the attempted bunt was just a killer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom