OT: - Holly Warlick has competition for clueless coach at UTenn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Holly Warlick has competition for clueless coach at UTenn

Reaction Score
It does put them at a disadvantage, but they seem to overcome it. Oregon St. has an excellent baseball program, possibly the best in the conference if you look back over the last decade or so.

Now sand volleyball, that's kind of comical to even think about doing that in the spring in the NW. I don't think all of the Pac 12 schools participate but I know UW does. It's mostly their indoor players on the team but they have a few players that are strictly sand players.

interesting that you brought up beach volleyball..........there were recently twin sisters in the area that were clearly DI softball players but decided that they'd rather play beach volleyball.............so they're both at the University of New Orleans of all places playing in the sand for a pretty crummy team but enjoying it a whole lot any way........

Reaction Score
Alvelo and Plain from UW are a potent combination as well. Alvelo looked to be back in top form in her last outing after struggling w/ an injury for several weeks. They have the pitching, but their offense has gone dormant at times down the stretch.

She is a great assest and only a sophomore? If so she and Garcia will keep battling for years to come.

All Americans came out today. OU has 3 first team and Freshman of the Year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Plain and Alvelo just combined to shut out Oklahoma 2-0. The Huskies infield defenders are good!

Oregon rocked Arizona St. 11-6 in game 1, Ducks and Huskies will meet in winners bracket, OU and ASU in loser out game.

Reaction Score
Plain and Alvelo just combined to shut out Oklahoma 2-0. The Huskies infield defenders are good!

Oregon rocked Arizona St. 11-6 in game 1, Ducks and Huskies will meet in winners bracket, OU and ASU in loser out game.

saw that.......Oklahoma looked stifled by the Washington pitching....I wonder if Gasso regrets making that pitching change?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was really worried it was going to come back to bite UW when they had the bases loaded w/ no outs and got nothing out of that inning.

Plain is interesting. She's not overpowering, not a lot of strike outs, but the ball just doesn't get out of the infield. It's death by ground out when you are going up against her. I was a bit surprised she started today but it shows how much confidence the coach has in her, and now Alvelo is going to be fresh going up against Oregon.

The announcers kept mentioning it, that was either the first or second time Oklahoma has ever been shut out in the World Series. Also first career loss in a World Series game for their pitcher. Broke a team 16 game winning streak in World Series games or something close to that. While not impossible, very few teams have come back from losing their first game to get to the Championship series.

Reaction Score
I was really worried it was going to come back to bite UW when they had the bases loaded w/ no outs and got nothing out of that inning.

Plain is interesting. She's not overpowering, not a lot of strike outs, but the ball just doesn't get out of the infield. It's death by ground out when you are going up against her. I was a bit surprised she started today but it shows how much confidence the coach has in her, and now Alvelo is going to be fresh going up against Oregon.

The announcers kept mentioning it, that was either the first or second time Oklahoma has ever been shut out in the World Series. Also first career loss in a World Series game for their pitcher. Broke a team 16 game winning streak in World Series games or something close to that. While not impossible, very few teams have come back from losing their first game to get to the Championship series.

I wouldn't count out Oklahoma totally just yet..........do you think Washington knows anything about the team their playing next?.......:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Big UCLA comeback versus Florida State........our hometown kid actually pinch hit and drove in a run with a sac fly in the comeback..........

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UW gets some revenge after getting swept during the regular season by Oregon, wins 6-2. Now sitting pretty waiting for the carnage from elimination Saturday.

Reaction Score
UW gets some revenge after getting swept during the regular season by Oregon, wins 6-2. Now sitting pretty waiting for the carnage from elimination Saturday.

great win for Washington..........UCLA-Florida is a real toss up.......

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I only watched a little during the regular season, have been watching more of the post season. I've become a big fan of Sis Bates, UW's SS. Only a soph, she is a heck of a fielder, and fairly clutch w/ the bat as well. Will undoubtedly go down as one of the Huskies' all time greats.

It's been fun to see Danielle Lawrie on a panel discussing the games, she must be very proud of her alma mater.

Reaction Score
I only watched a little during the regular season, have been watching more of the post season. I've become a big fan of Sis Bates, UW's SS. Only a soph, she is a heck of a fielder, and fairly clutch w/ the bat as well. Will undoubtedly go down as one of the Huskies' all time greats.

It's been fun to see Danielle Lawrie on a panel discussing the games, she must be very proud of her alma mater.

that Bates is a character......she has a whole lot of energy and quite a glove.........great to see players having so much fun even when under pressure......

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
great to see players having so much fun even when under pressure.

Have you noticed that Plain is ALWAYS smiling? Alvelo is pretty intense and Plain is just totally chill, big contrast between the 2 in more than just pitching style.

Van Zee is a character too. Her and Bates are the heart and soul of this club I think.

Reaction Score
Have you noticed that Plain is ALWAYS smiling? Alvelo is pretty intense and Plain is just totally chill, big contrast between the 2 in more than just pitching style.

Van Zee is a character too. Her and Bates are the heart and soul of this club I think.

I know that a lot of it is a mind game but softball players in general seem to have the ability to smile even in the midst of a bad situation........some kids don't have that ability..........they're more like a rock.......no highs no lows no emotion.......until the game is over that is

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Didn't see the second game today, but UCLA also sitting at 2-0. Between them and UW there's a very good chance at least one Pac 12 school will get into the Championship series.

Reaction Score
Didn't see the second game today, but UCLA also sitting at 2-0. Between them and UW there's a very good chance at least one Pac 12 school will get into the Championship series.

I am not sure if anyone can beat them twice. If I had to guess it would be Oregon or OU, but both of them are tough and will be tough to beat twice.

Reaction Score

You missed a bizarre situation where the Florida coach came out and complained about balls and strikes after his own pitcher struck out one of the UCLA batters in the top of the seventh inning......got thrown out immediately which I think was his intention

Reaction Score
You missed a bizarre situation where the Florida coach came out and complained about balls and strikes after his own pitcher struck out one of the UCLA batters in the top of the seventh inning.got thrown out immediately which I think was his intention

I must have just missed that! I fell asleep in the 6th. You think he was trying to fire up his team?

Reaction Score
I must have just missed that! I fell asleep in the 6th. You think he was trying to fire up his team?

I kind of got that feeling after he threw his clipboard down on the field......he's pretty well known to have a short fuse........

Reaction Score
I kind of got that feeling after he threw his clipboard down on the field.he's pretty well known to have a short fuse...

Yea not surprised by that coming from him. I was cheering for UCLA anyway!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Arizona St. and Georgia have now been eliminated. Tonight Oklahoma vs. Florida and Oregon vs. Florida St. in two more elimination games. The winners survive til Sunday but would have to win 2 games in a row against either UCLA or Washington.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oklahoma eliminated Florida and Florida St. eliminated Oregon. #1 and #2 seeds are gone. Tomorrow will be Oklahoma vs. Washington and Florida St. vs. UCLA. Today's winners need to win twice to advance but are gone if they lose 1 game.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma eliminated Florida and Florida St. eliminated Oregon. #1 and #2 seeds are gone. Tomorrow will be Oklahoma vs. Washington and Florida St. vs. UCLA. Today's winners need to win twice to advance but are gone if they lose 1 game.

a bit surprised Florida State got through.........now can Oklahoma beat Washington twice today? That's quite a tall order with that great Washington pitching but the Sooners are capable of doing it.......still looking for a UCLA Washington final..........

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
a bit surprised Florida State got through....now can Oklahoma beat Washington twice today? That's quite a tall order with that great Washington pitching but the Sooners are capable of doing it..still looking for a UCLA Washington final.....
So far this tournament the teams that I have been rooting for in each game have not faired well. I was hoping for a Oklahoma/Florida Championship series but that was quickly killed. Now I am hoping for a Oklahoma/FSU series just so that the NCAA's plan for a PAC-12 Championship Series (the odds seemed to favor this by seeding 4 teams in the top 8) does not pan out.
Personally I think the seeding of teams 2-10 probably were interchangeable so having 4 in the top 8, well hmm. At least ND wasn't seeded in the top 16 .

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hey now, any conspiracy theories should apply to the SEC and not the Pac 12. I think their entire conference hosted a Regional. It's pretty hard to argue that Oregon, UCLA and UW weren't among the top 8 teams in the country. Maybe ASU is debatable, but the Pac 12 teams have been proving it at the CWS.

I unfortunately missed today's game but UW eliminated Oklahoma. Beat them twice, shut outs both times. UW has allowed a total of 2 runs in 3 games. Has nothing to do w/ seeding and everything to do w/ playing really well at the end of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom