Holly Breaking the Wrong Records | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Holly Breaking the Wrong Records

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
UConn's just another team trying to schedule cupcakes for non-conference games. Sad. :p

This gets my vote for top ten post of the year, and we're only two weeks into 2019! And I agree, much as I dislike Tennessee, this is pretty sad.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I simply don't know how that accumulation of basketball talent can lose in such a manner.......Ms. Horston it's never too late!!!!

Watched the game this morning. Maybe it's just semantics, but to me you have "basketball talent" when you can consistently put the ball in that basket. NO, and I mean NO, Tenn player can do that in game. Jackson put a 3 ball 4 or 5 feet beyond the hoop in the last two minutes. Westbrook had her first hoop with 5+ minutes to play. Those two ar Tenn's shooters. Holly has a bunch of athletes to be sure. Div I basketball talent???

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
With coffee in hand and hours to kill, I'm heading to VolNation.

Yes. But the Alabama thread was a little disappointing. Posters were expecting a loss right from the beginning even if Alabama was a 'rec' team etc. Nothing is sweeter than the GA thread when TN got out to a big lead and optimism slowly turned to caution to annoyance to panic to :mad::mad:Head bangHead bang

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
1547817371181.png

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Holly's post game on floor interview: "We're stuck in the mud right now"

Warlick Postgame Presser at Alabama

And, YES, she did say "I don't know...I don't have an answer....we just didn't play hard"

Gosh - I hate to lay on the players themselves - Lord knows the Volnation posters are hard enough on them. But once Alabama started pulling away in the 4th, the Lady Vols clearly gave up. I've never seen as many entry passes into the paint where the defenders barely took a step towards the shooter. It really was a pathetic ending - I really believe the team embarrassed themselves at the end.

So I'm somewhat amending what I wrote about how sad it is how Volnation posters are so critical of the team. In this instance, I think it's justified.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
you forgot Rt 40 and the trail to the smokeys.
Took that trail all the way west with my son cross country several years ago. We stopped in Knoxville for lunch with a friend and a short drive around campus. I remember thinking the football stadium is ugly. My son always remembered a sign along a driveway that said “Swine Entrance”.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
if I were a prospective Tennessee recruit I would have to be crazy to want to be a part of what's going on down there......
So here’s my positive spin on all this. Fulmer finally has had enough and relieves Holly of her HC responsibilities at the end of the season. An incoming recruit from OH demands to be realeased from her LOI. TN obliges and the recruit finds a new home at a sleepy little university in northeastern CT.....Just sayin.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Gosh - I hate to lay on the players themselves - Lord knows the Volnation posters are hard enough on them. But once Alabama started pulling away in the 4th, the Lady Vols clearly gave up. I've never seen as many entry passes into the paint where the defenders barely took a step towards the shooter. It really was a pathetic ending - I really believe the team embarrassed themselves at the end.

So I'm somewhat amending what I wrote about how sad it is how Volnation posters are so critical of the team. In this instance, I think it's justified.

"We just didn't play hard; we didn't play hard," Warlick said. "We didn't play with any energy, any emotion, any heart. Alabama played with more heart and energy than we did."

UT Lady Vols collapse against Alabama 86-65 as losing streaks grow

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You could say that for at least the last 5 years. What the recruits and their advisers are looking at/thinking about is a real puzzle.

I think players that like the tradition of success but don't want to be coached hard and want to have a lot of freedom on the court have been attracted to Tennessee...............that's why Horston's decision after saying she wanted to be coached up simply made no sense.......

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think players that like the tradition of success but don't want to be coached hard and want to have a lot of freedom on the court have been attracted to Tennessee.....that's why Horston's decision after saying she wanted to be coached up simply made no sense..
Humm, if Warlick "resigns" at the end of the year, don't the 2019-20 in coming freshman get to reopen their recruiting????

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score

I don’t dislike Holly, I dislike a lot of the fan base. That being said, for me, this press conference was hard to watch. It is clear Holly is hurting, frustrated, at a loss. But this is not the first press conference of this nature. If this is me, I’d be sick and tire of being in this awful, terrible position.

IMHO The best thing that could happen for Tennessee, their fans, and their program is if Holly would resign.

I am sure the AD does not want to fire Holly. That is another wound this program, that is still aching from Coach Summitt’s terrible illness, just doesn’t need or want. I would like to think Holly can put enough separation between her lifelong commitment to the LV’s and the health and future of the program to walk away. I can imagine that prospect is heartbreaking for her. Your entire life’s work flashing before your eyes.

I hope she can do it. This slow train wreck is a disaster for the long term health of what once was a premier program.

Reaction Score
Humm, if Warlick "resigns" at the end of the year, don't the 2019-20 in coming freshman get to reopen their recruiting????

how about an instant transfer ala Jessica Shepard!!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom