Hijacked Mamoudou Diarra to visit UConn Thread that is now UConn Concert Thread! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hijacked Mamoudou Diarra to visit UConn Thread that is now UConn Concert Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We can expect good news tmmrw on this front

We could certainly use some good news! Hoping there aren't qualification issues if he does indeed commit.

Reaction Score
And the best they can do is Lil Uzi Vert. Little bit of a downgrade from Kendrick Lamar and Steve Aoki.
ECSU is getting Mac Miller.
They need to kill off the fall and winter concerts and just go all out on a spring one. Schools as big as UConn should be attracting better talent than this. (funny that this is paralleling many folks' thoughts on the basketball program currently)

Reaction Score
And the best they can do is Lil Uzi Vert. Little bit of a downgrade from Kendrick Lamar and Steve Aoki.
ECSU is getting Mac Miller.
IIRC one year we had Guster & OAR and another we had Reel Big Fish :confused:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Lil Uzi is waaaay bigger than Mac Miller right now, one of hottest rappers in the country. I know, crazy.
I guess it's more of an indictment on where pop and hip hop is at now. Explains why Fetty Wap was the gig last year.
Turn-up trap music.
I view Mac Miller as a ten times better artist than Lil Uzi.

Reaction Score
Lil uzi has had a few hits and current top 50 single out now, not a bad get at all. Not close to a drake or wiz khalifa but defintetly popular.

Reaction Score
DEkBaru.jpg

Reaction Score
It's amazing how far mainstream hip hop has fallen, never knew how lucky I had it in the 90's.
If you are talking about national and worldwide popularity i dont think hip hop has been bigger than it is now.

Reaction Score
I'm so old I was pumped back in the day when they brought in Stevie Ray Vaughn and the musicians actually PLAYED instruments and sang. Ok back to Diarra....

Reaction Score
No it's pop music. You can call it hip hop or rap if it helps you feel manly.
meh "pop" music has changed. Yes, he seems to be popular with young kids, but it doesn't make it generic pop. This dude has two songs with over 110,000,000 million plays on spotify. In case you don't know what that means... it's a metric fton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom