Hijacked Mamoudou Diarra to visit UConn Thread that is now UConn Concert Thread! | The Boneyard

Hijacked Mamoudou Diarra to visit UConn Thread that is now UConn Concert Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
I hate how guys like this get everyone excited now.yeah we need to fill some voids I know.but he's not an upgrade.

Reaction Score
I hate how guys like this get everyone excited now.yeah we need to fill some voids I know.but he's not an upgrade.

Is he at least par for the course and as good as the guys he would be replacing?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

God forbid people are happy that a decent player with good upside is committing this late in the game. We got like 8 scholarship players right now! He's healthier than Durham fortunately, with apparent aggressiveness on the boards. He'll definitely be better than Enoch on D if he just stands there.

For most of us, it's more relief than happiness. Right now, he's what we need.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Someone mentioned he may not qualify academically. Anyone know more about that?

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Is he at least par for the course and as good as the guys he would be replacing?
In my opinion no. I think if the three Vance,Enoch and Durham had stayed they would have been better players. Even if it was slightly better.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
God forbid people are happy that a decent player with good upside is committing this late in the game. We got 8 scholarship players right now! He's healthier than Durham fortunately, with apparent aggressiveness on the boards. He'll definitely be better than Enoch on D if he just stands there.

For most of us, it's more relief than happiness. Right now, he's what we need.
You are right. but it seems like we keep settling.

Reaction Score
"Michael Porter has a very similar game, but his game is a little bit more polished than Mamoudou's, but I'll take Mamoudou's motor and intensity level over Porter's. The difference with Mamoudou is it doesn't matter if it's with Michael Porter or in an empty gym, he's competitive. He's tooth and nail. He'll fight you for every rebound. He's that competitive. That's going to be a great asset to them. He'll try to be everything he can be. There's no doubt about that. "

From 247. HS coach pushing 3/4 combo.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You are right. but it seems like we keep settling.

Again, this late in the game, we are settling. But we need to settle for guys who have upside, not those like Rock or Jamal Trice. It sucks, but it's where we're at.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Athletic Director...Dave: Big season next year, Kev. Gotta win. Need those seats filled.

KO: I know, man. Wick already has big-time recruits coming in.

Athletic Director...Dave:
Who the heck is 'Wick'?

KO:
Wicked Tuna.

Athletic Director...Dave: [shakes head. Blinks]

KO:
Chilly. Raphael.

Athletic Director...Dave:
Ohhhh. Oh. Who does he have coming in?

KO: His name is...[flips through a note pad]...Mamoudou Diarra.

Athletic Director...Dave: [chuckles] Wait, I'm no dummy. He's already here. Or is he?

KO: No no no. Different kid. Actually spelled different. I know, right?

Athletic Director...Dave: Excellent. So this kid will play?

KO: Not sure yet. I am reading that he may not qualify academically. If true I think he is still worth the gamble even if he sits out next year.

Athletic Director...Dave: [squirms in seat] Is Alan Funt walking through that door?

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Ajou thought he was a wing. Ajou's guardians, who make Mr. Jackson look reasonable, thought he was a shooting guard.

Ajou actually was a skinny power forward.

Hey are you guys talking about THE BEST player on the 1999 championship team?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Again, this late in the game, we are settling. But we need to settle for guys who have upside, not those like Rock or Jamal Trice. It sucks, but it's where we're at.

Or settle for a grad transfer who can add some minutes now.

Reaction Score
Think this kid would be well-served by a redshirt if he doesn't qualify off the bat. Not sure on our front court with or without him though. Gonna need a grad big

pj

Reaction Score
We need 2017 practice players and 2018 players. If he doesn't qualify, he's still a recruit that improves the team. But a lot of players manage to qualify at the last minute, through cramming and frequent SAT taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom