Hijacked Mamoudou Diarra to visit UConn Thread that is now UConn Concert Thread! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Hijacked Mamoudou Diarra to visit UConn Thread that is now UConn Concert Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You said it on the second page of this thread about Diarra
Ok must be forgetting something. I'll go through my inbox and check.

Either way, I can't see Ollie taking a wing right now if he's not expected to be eligible. Chillious probably knows more about his situation than anyone.

Edit - I was told he "may" have issues with the clearinghouse based on his background/journey. Nothing too grim. I trust that our guys know the deal.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Chillious scouted this kid and wanted him at Washington. I'm of the mindset that it's all or none. Either KO has figured things out or he hasn't. I'm staying positive and believing he has. So if Chillious saw something than his addition to the program is going to be a positive. This is a plug to fix the departure of Vance/Juwan.

None of us will know if it's a good plug or a bad plug, so conjecture all you want but only time will tell.

We definitely will need a guard and I'm hoping this signing, if it happens, will indicate we are close with Harris because of the Chillious connection.

That still leaves a qualified center or decent PF which has been and still is the most glaring hole. After this season and post season it's difficult to believe something good can happen but I'm Semi hopeful.

Reaction Score
Chillious scouted this kid and wanted him at Washington. I'm of the mindset that it's all or none. Either KO has figured things out or he hasn't. I'm staying positive and believing he has. So if Chillious saw something than his addition to the program is going to be a positive. This is a plug to fix the departure of Vance/Juwan.

None of us will know if it's a good plug or a bad plug, so conjecture all you want but only time will tell.

We definitely will need a guard and I'm hoping this signing, if it happens, will indicate we are close with Harris because of the Chillious connection.

That still leaves a qualified center or decent PF which has been and still is the most glaring hole. After this season and post season it's difficult to believe something good can happen but I'm Semi hopeful.

Agreed, if we land him and Harris at least we know there was a plan.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
Agreed, if we land him and Harris at least we know there was a plan.

tumblr_m470sgwTOK1r96fbno1_500.gif

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Is he at least par for the course and as good as the guys he would be replacing?
So we can hope for better than 17-18 in 17/18? Who's replacing 50% of our offense that just left? We lost the core of the team. We need guys that can put the ball in the basket. You can't expect all of the offense to come from the perimeter.

Reaction Score
So we can hope for better than 17-18 in 17/18? Who's replacing 50% of our offense that just left? We lost the core of the team. We need guys that can put the ball in the basket. You can't expect all of the offense to come from the perimeter.
No disagreement there.

I'm just hoping that:

1. We get Diallo
2. He Qualifies
3. He is better or at least as good as the production that we would have gotten from one of the following quitters: VJack, Enoch, or Durham.

Reaction Score
I'm not disagreeing that we don't need a ton of help in the frontcourt, but with Larrier and Gilbert back (IF healthy) we're getting about 23 ppg back. Larrier and Gilbert were average 13+ and 10+ per game. Those two and Adams are options 1, 2, and 3 on offense anyway. Vital should give us around 10 a game. I'm worried about defense and rebounding.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
;)
No disagreement there.

I'm just hoping that:

1. We get Diallo
2. He Qualifies
3. He is better or at least as good as the production that we would have gotten from one of the following quitters: VJack, Enoch, or Durham.
Unless something dramatic and unprecedented has happened, we're not getting Diallo.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
5 years. So he's going to redshirt?

Don't see why people would want to redshirt him. He's skinny, but they could still play him at the 4, as they would have with Durham. If nothing else, there'd be five fouls and aggressiveness on tap.

Reaction Score
Don't see why people would want to redshirt him. He's skinny, but they could still play him at the 4, as they would have with Durham. If nothing else, there'd be five fouls and aggressiveness on tap.
Yeah and can't really afford to redshirt anyone with our roster at this point

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
St Mary's CA does not have this problem. Aussies be smart

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Think they meant for academic reasons.

Reaction Score
If he does come here, I think we are going to see more Recruits like this coming in from now on - not the majority mind you. But the kind of recruits whose rankings will make some fans squirm but 2 years later give a standing O at the XL after they dive for loose balls or keep possessions alive by banging the boards or falling out of the sky to block a three.
Ollie has had enough of yelling at guys to play defense or hustle.
If he's going to go down he'll go down with guys who leave it all out there.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I was actually referring to the Adam Sandler movie clip guy, not Diarra.....

Reaction Score
I still remember Ollie being pissed at the freshman for coming in and giving themselves a nickname before they had done Jack.

Which he should have! But if I had to guess I'd say Vital was the one who orchestrated the nickname idea. And in his case, the cockiness and moxie is a welcome trait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom