Highlights from Summer workouts | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Highlights from Summer workouts

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm liking Manbun AJ! He looks like he wants to make a statement this year.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
For the first time in a long time we have a handful of guys that if they handle business have a good shot at seeing minutes in the league

Sanogo, Akok , Hawkins, Johnson, AJ,…
It’s a beautiful, beautiful thing.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Akok and Sanogo would compliment each other well as a front court if Akok is 100% and is a true stretch 4. If he’s good enough to have Whaley come off the bench that’s just devastating.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I know Whaley is a 5th year guy and reigning DPOY but you need to start Akok and Sanogo

Reaction Score
Akok and Sanogo would compliment each other well as a front court if Akok is 100% and is a true stretch 4. If he’s good enough to have Whaley come off the bench that’s just devastating.
I know Whaley is a 5th year guy and reigning DPOY but you need to start Akok and Sanogo
Akok and Sanogo would be a nice scenario however I agree with HW611. Whaley has earned a starting position for this coming BB season (mo), Akok is a great energizer type player and really coming of the bench would be better served for us. That scenario of Sanogo and Akok will be there at times during the game. But we need to be careful if Sanogo and Whaley get in foul trouble we do not have a true 5 coming off the bench. Springs, Johnson are not proven yet though Spring is intriguing to me at the 5 position. Akok should get plenty of court time as long as he is fully recuperated from the injury. Johnson too should see some good time. At times it could be possible to see Sanogo, Akok and Johnson or Whaley, Akok and Johnson on the floor at the same time. That can be scary. Can you say BLOCK party. Lets not for get AJ in any of those scenarios.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think they earn their minutes everyday in practice. No one earns it the year before. That being said, Whaley’s no pushover. That wil one hell of a competition. I like the speed of Whaley and Akok together as well. Good problems to have.

Reaction Score
For five minutes in the Xavier game, Akok looked like Kevin Durant. I will be very interesting to see what kind of player he becomes.
Yes he did and he was not at 100%. OMG!

Reaction Score
I think they earn their minutes everyday in practice. No one earns it the year before. That being said, Whaley’s no pushover. That wil one hell of a competition. I like the speed of Whaley and Akok together as well. Good problems to have.
No, they don't earn minutes the year before but we are talking about Whaley. He has been a monster in the last 2 years, of course in practice and in games I doubt he has or will regress.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Akok and Sanogo would be a nice scenario however I agree with HW611. Whaley has earned a starting position for this coming BB season (mo), Akok is a great energizer type player and really coming of the bench would be better served for us. That scenario of Sanogo and Akok will be there at times during the game. But we need to be careful if Sanogo and Whaley get in foul trouble we do not have a true 5 coming off the bench. Springs, Johnson are not proven yet though Spring is intriguing to me at the 5 position. Akok should get plenty of court time as long as he is fully recuperated from the injury. Johnson too should see some good time. At times it could be possible to see Sanogo, Akok and Johnson or Whaley, Akok and Johnson on the floor at the same time. That can be scary. Can you say BLOCK party. Lets not for get AJ in any of those scenarios.
Nobody has earned anything, nobody on the team has even won a tournament game. The best players who give them the best chance of winning will play the most.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Whaley didn't stay a 5th year to come off the bench. Love Akok but he won't have played basketball in 20 months by the time he suits up. Getting back to game speed will take time.
The minutes will sort themselves out based upon play and fouls. I love the depth we will have.

Reaction Score
The minutes will sort themselves out based upon play and fouls. I love the depth we will have.

Between Akok, Whaley, Sanogo, Springs, and Johnson, somebody is going to end up on the outside looking in at PT. Gonna be a battle for PT in practice--I'm sure those guys are feeling it every day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom