Highlights from Summer workouts | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Highlights from Summer workouts

Reaction Score
Biggest standouts for me
1)Akok continues to look REALLY good. Even though he missed all that time, it really seems like he spent it adding to his game.
2)Didn’t think Hawkins had that in his bag. Totally changes what he can contribute if it’s a part of his tool box.
3) great pass from Adama. Again, something he wouldn’t have done last year. Passing and adding range are the 2 biggest development areas for him going into this season IMO
4) hope to see more confident Gaff. Teammates love him, all of them including BA in the podcast have raved about how much better he is than the perception. Seemed to kinda piece it together end of last year. Seems to play better in the CG role than the PG role he’s been thrust into early on.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I like the ball movement. Great pass from Akok off a drive. Very nice to see. If this team can really move the ball, we will score.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
what number is Hawkins? Do we have a link to roster/numbers?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Team’s looking good. Depth and balance are definitely our strengths. Shooting is a weakness. We shall see.

Reaction Score
Team’s looking good. Depth and balance are definitely our strengths. Shooting is a weakness. We shall see.
To confirm, shooting is a weakness, but you also didn’t want Anglin correct?

Reaction Score

I'm just as excited as the rest of us on the Boneyard when these snipet videos come out. But what I am amazed is how people really break down a 52 second media video. I guess it does what it's supposed to do and get fans pumped up. To me it did not look like a full 5 on 5 practice/scrimmage. Can't wait for the season to start.

Reaction Score
I'm just as excited as the rest of us on the Boneyard when these snipet videos come out. But what I am amazed is how people really break down a 52 second media video. I guess it does what it's supposed to do and get fans pumped up. To me it did not look like a full 5 on 5 practice/scrimmage. Can't wait for the season to start.
Then you can't count to 5...

There were 5 players in the blue team huddle.

Reaction Score
Then you can't count to 5...

There were 5 players in the blue team huddle.
But if you look at the rest of the video it does not appear to have 5 , hmmm1,2,3,4 and 5 on the court at the same time.

Reaction Score
But if you look at the rest of the video it does not appear to have 5 , hmmm1,2,3,4 and 5 on the court at the same time.
Every clip except for the 2 passes at the beginning were very clearly during the 5 on 5 scrimmage part

Reaction Score
The only real thing I took out of that video is that Hawkins looks to have a pretty good handle. At least I think that was him wearing #31.

Reaction Score
Exciting snippet. Didn't see Jackson anywhere.

I played hoops this morning and this courtside clip reminds me how big and fast these D-1 basketball players truly are.

Reaction Score
It's definitely a weird feature of the board. There was a clip of Akok last year pump faking Carlton going around him for a dunk and half the board popped a chub.

Reaction Score
I've heard the two standouts from practice this year are Akok (back to his normal self and hitting 3's extremely well) + Hawkins (good shooter, can get a bucket). Might need to temper your expectations on Diggins and Springs contributing meaningfully this year however.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom