High Point Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

High Point Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the High Point game:
  • First time I ever watched High Point. While they were undermanned, I was really impressed with how hard they played and how well they executed all game against UConn in their first ever trip to the Big Dance.
  • UConn’s defense was just fair tonight, but some of that had to do with the relentless action that High Point runs on offense.
  • Nika with another unfortunate ankle sprain after stepping on an opponent’s foot. You hate to see that. Let’s hope her recovery is every bit as quick as the last time.
  • Aaliyah is a beast in the paint. I don’t like the fouls, but to High Point’s credit, they caught her in a switch a couple times and went right at her.
  • Paige with a quietly brilliant 1st NCAA tournament game: 24 pts on 9/13, 9 rbs, 6 ast, 4 stl, 3 blk. I'm fairly certain that the best is yet to come.
  • Nice balanced scoring on 59% shooting: Paige (24), Liv (22), Aaliyah (17), Christyn (13), Evina (10), Aubrey (9).
  • CD maintains her unbeaten streak at 11-0. Next up are the Syracuse Orange, a team that will be a little more challenging than the High Point Panthers.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Neither NC State nor SCar looked particularly impressive against two not very good teams. Both Baylor and UConn have. Hopefully Stanford will too. I suspect so. Not much to say after this one. UConn pressed them well on the perimeter and was beaten off the dribble much too much. That is, once Nika was hurt. My prayers go out to her and hopefully she'll be back after UConn crushes Syracuse. Evina was rubbing her right leg at the beginning of the game, but she played well, although she was beaten consistently off the dribble. AE. I said in the chat she occasionally looks like Wes Unseld then occasionally like Dennis Rodman. AE is the new Beast Mode. Once Nika and CW were sidelined Paige took over. Paige is a scary player. But lets be honest, I've never quite seen a player be so churlish when she sits, which is hardly ever. CW and Liv had good games. Now on to 'Cuse. I guess Quentin can't duck UConn now huh?

Reaction Score
There was one point in the fourth quarter when Paige led the team in points, rebounds and assists. It is also evident that Alijah us the second best player in the team. She is incredibly relentless on both sides of the court.

Reaction Score
Nika appeared to be moving around okay at the end. Don't bet against her taking the floor against Syracuse.
I completely agree that Nika will be back...probably on Tuesday. She had similar ankle sprain in the Big East Tournament and was back in the starting lineup the NEXT day... This time she has an additional day for treatment. The defense was not the same after she went out, so I am sure the Coaches and Team want her back in there. She is a TOUGH Player!

GO HUSKIES!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom