Hey Dan….. (merged threads) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Hey Dan….. (merged threads)

Reaction Score
It wasn't a four point swing. That would imply what he did negated a bucket of ours. He did give them two full points, though, at a crucial time, in addition to the two they were likely to get.

It was a terrible T. Would a better set of refs have called it? I'm not convinced. But he has to be prepared to deal with the officials in front of him.
A better set of refs would have monitored the foul discrepancy.

I’m not saying they weren’t fouling much. But the calls against were ticky tacky if you’re going to argue X wasn’t doing the same thing.

Reaction Score
It wasn't a four point swing. That would imply what he did negated a bucket of ours. He did give them two full points, though, at a crucial time, in addition to the two they were likely to get.

It was a terrible T. Would a better set of refs have called it? I'm not convinced. But he has to be prepared to deal with the officials in front of him.
He’s done this countless times. In an intense game he gifted them points. Just like Andre needs to learn, so does Dan. The moments seem too big for him a lot. Its not a good look

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
They were getting a bad whistle all day today, but the time for a T would’ve been much earlier in the second half.

There’s no defending that one.
I agree with this. If there is such thing as a "strategic T", that message gets sent much earlier in the game so that the officials have time to course correct. But there's nothing strategic about this... this is just a case of Danny not being able to control his emotions.

Reaction Score
Brutal time for a technical, you could see it coming for about 10 minutes
Yeah u get the tech early not down 4 wit 2 mins left in the game … just awful but again that’s Hurley for ya

Reaction Score
Team fell in love with the 3. Not getting to the line, too much Jackson shooting. Not enough inside game.
This.. period. Couldn’t have picked a better team to get our first L to though. Gif away loss vs a ranked a rising team. And we played rough. League play has been challenging thus far. Now the focus of getting to #1 before years end can go away with the inert pressure of being undefeated. We will decimate them at home. Free throws. Turnovers. And cold hands from outside. X needed every bit of those 20 plus ft attempts we didn’t get.

Reaction Score
Also would have liked to see more Clingan - we were getting abused by their size all game. Press conference should be telling
We outrebounded them by 7 and we equaled them in blocks. What are you talking about?

Reaction Score
A better set of refs would have monitored the foul discrepancy.

I’m not saying they weren’t fouling much. But the calls against were ticky tacky if you’re going to argue X wasn’t doing the same thing.
Eh gotta take the ball into the teeth of the D more to draw fouls. Fell in love with the three

Reaction Score
And Jackson didn’t either. Kid thinks he’s a 3 point shooter now.
Also dislike his defense. He consistently gets beat going to the rim, relying on the fact, he can usually outjump a player and block them from behind. That is not good defense.
Jackson was 4-9 from 3 before the late shots. If they leave him open he can and should shoot. Get used to it.

Andre Jackson has the 9th highest Defensive Rating in college basketball this year.

I will take zero slander of a guy that just had 14-10-8-2 with one turnover

Reaction Score
I'm willing to give the majority of the blame to the coach but at the same time our guards just don't shoot that well and tge point guard has to avoid many turnovers

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Clingan the last 6 games before today… But Hurley doesn’t have a problem playing freshman. Unbelievable.

All in all first loss of the season and we win this game if Xavier doesn’t shoot 20 more FTs than we did.

Attachments

• DC69496E-42B7-40F2-AC5D-B29F20AB2CD8.jpeg
    DC69496E-42B7-40F2-AC5D-B29F20AB2CD8.jpeg
    286.1 KB · Views: 140

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You can't get a T that late in a close game. And he was outcoached. Missed Sampson in this game.

Almost impossible to win on the road outscored by 19 on the line, and I'm not even talking attempts. I'll leave it at that.
Every foul was an and one for Xavier. It’s infuriating why he played Newton over Diarra and continued to play Karaban instead of Alleyne

Reaction Score
He’s done this countless times. In an intense game he gifted them points. Just like Andre needs to learn, so does Dan. The moments seem too big for him a lot. Its not a good look
I don't see what that has to do with my comment. It was a bad T. They were bad refs—every coach deals with that, and he has to do better.

It also, definitionally, wasn't a 4 point swing.

Reaction Score
We outrebounded them by 7 and we equaled them in blocks. What are you talking about?
On D… Karaban was getting used by Freemantle. Lot of size mismatches for both Nunge and Fremantle.

Reaction Score
Jackson was 4-9 from 3 before the late shots. If they leave him open he can and should shoot. Get used to it.

Andre Jackson has the 9th highest Defensive Rating in college basketball this year.

I will take zero slander of a guy that just had 14-10-8-2 with one turnover

He was the best player on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom