He's Back! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

He's Back!

Reaction Score
Massive. I thought he was gone after Woj's first report

Reaction Score
Sorry for the boys. Coach just turned down some major coin that will need to be paid back in sweat equity. We may need to go undefeated with a number overall pick.

Reaction Score
Phew!

Yesterday I thought he'd be back, but today I was sure he was leaving. I should learn to trust my 1st instinct.

Glad to still have you, Coach.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maybe some are not surprised - I was very surprised. Really thought the lure and $ and publicity and opportunity might sway him. So glad I was wrong. Feels like Christmas!

Like many, I felt the culture in LA was not right for him. He's just not a "west coast vibe" guy. Plus managing a bunch of NBA guys is FAR different from doing so at the college level. AND not only has he BUILT something great at UConn, he's still building it.

I'm thrilled he's returning, and so proud to be a UConn fan. I'm sure UConn has ponied up something great to keep him, but I think it's a class act on his part all the way around. I think he will be better off choosing a team when the time is right for him.

I live in LA and I don't like the Lakers so... LA can go suck it! And so can Kentucky.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Headline:

Hurley spurns Lakers rejects their offer to stay at UConn.

Yup it’s official we are the basketball capital of the world.

Bigger than US Steel.

Wow our coach just told one of the most storied franchises in basketball thanks but no thanks.

I wonder if this is what the Lakers expected. Was it all part of the plan or did Danny kind of play them.

Reaction Score
Now we can be a little more productive and make up for the loss in GDP the last few days.

Thanks for staying, Dan and Andrea. Let's use the great publicity to enhance the UConn brand.

Nah, still have all the Lakers, opposing college teams, and Reddit forums to read through on reaction first.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom